How was your May 2019?

Good number of sales at 13 but revenue was crap at $352 gross.  Highest sales were 3 at just under $$$, lowest was a handful at $4.91gross.  Things need to improve this month!

• Love 2

Average sales have gone up from $22 last month that had loads of under $10 sales but also 2 above $100 sales to

$37 with only a handful of under $10 sales and no plus $100 sales.

Result: almost 50% more revenue with slightly fewer sales.

In total: average month - or what we should call "the new average".

First 2 sales ever for me (from 1 customer), low price, distributor sales but .. first for me :)  Less than 5$ net for me (not cleared yet). I upload pictures from beginning of this year.

so .. best month ever for me :)

• Like 1

Quiet month for me with just a couple of sales and one was a distributor job which wouldn't buy a slice of toast! However, for year to date, sales and income are both fractionally up on last year so just hope it keeps going.

Three distributor sales for $63 gross.

Time will tell if I regret dropping out of the distributor program in April.

Edited by DDoug
correction
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Another shocker for me with only 2 which appears to be down to The Sun who seem to have drastically cut their weather image budget and instead of images give us weather map pictures 🙄😂 time for a change in what I shoot I think!

Also, they pay a lot less now.

My best ever month since starting here just over two years ago with 25 sales gross over $1300. A number of $$$ sales both news and stock. Zooms are hugely increased too so hoping it will be repeated!

• Like 2

They say for editorial stock we can expect one sale a month per 1,000 images in our collection. I've been doing a bit better than that.

May? Not great but not bad. Average.

Edited by Ed Rooney

10 images for a total $413 gross. Two over $$$ including a news image taken a few days before being kicked out. 😕 So a pleasing month with CTR high, fair prices, but tempered by no payout. Swings and roundabouts.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

A much better month for me, but none of the big sales reported by others.

15 sales, $208 net.

For anyone who's interested: (Age of files sold)

B - 8

C - 1

D - 1

J - 1

M - 1

P - 3

And while at the end of April, my 2019 total was 50% of 2018 and $$ was 28%; now I'm at 63.5% of 2018's sales and 42% of 2018's income.

Alamy is such a roller-coaster!

CTR by month's end was about average for me. For the past several months, my zooms at the beginning of the month have been poor, then have improved in the second half.

• Love 1