How was your May 2019?

16 hours ago, Reimar said:

Mostly, in terms of downloads.  In terms of income, about half and half ($383 Subs vs $356 for ODDs and SODs)

What does ODD and SOD stand for? 

What is the gross license amount for non subs? I am wondering how close to Alamy's dwindling price level they are. 

Edited by andremichel

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Let Alamy chase that to start with, as it's the wrong licence. If they can't get a higher fee out of him and sign it off then go for it.

Awaiting response from Alamy.

4 hours ago, andremichel said:

What does ODD and SOD stand for? 

What is the gross license amount for non subs? I am wondering how close to Alamy's dwindling price level they are. 

On Demand Download, and Single or Other Download.  There's also Enhanced which can be quite high fees, but I haven't seen any of those.  We don't know gross. Cut varies from 20-30% depending on sales history.  I'm at the second level now, so about 25%.  My highest SOD has been $42 net, ODDs are now $2.48 but subs are $0.33 each.

Below average with 39 sales of which five were distributor.  Highest $99, quite a lot in the $ range especially when the newspapers reported at the end.  

Pearl

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

On Demand Download, and Single or Other Download.  There's also Enhanced which can be quite high fees, but I haven't seen any of those.  We don't know gross. Cut varies from 20-30% depending on sales history.  I'm at the second level now, so about 25%.  My highest SOD has been $42 net, ODDs are now $2.48 but subs are $0.33 each.

Honest, I thought it stood for odds and sods.

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

My average net on alamy is currently $8 net from 91 sales this year, so interesting to compare. Excluding subs (which are all about super high volume) , I don't think the difference is that great these days. 

Edited by andremichel

2 hours ago, Reimar said:

I gather from my lurking on MS forums that those enhanced licenses are few and far between.

A $245 sale dropped in at the end of the month, so I'm feeling happy about that. 

While # of sales is half what it was this time last year, gross revenue is actually up 20% from this time last year, making net revenue about even. If I add my iPhone sales, still below last year's numbers, but net revenue a bit higher than last year, so that's positive. 

But no way to predict how the year will end up. In May 2018 I had 4x as many sales as I did this past month, and I can't count on $$$ sales to make up the revenue difference if sales don't pick up, especially with the 20% decrease in commission. But it still makes me smile when I see a nice $$$ sale. And zooms have started trending up, so the month ended on a positive note.

• Like 1

71 sales for $2666 gross - including 6 in the $$$ category, best $166. Fairly average for May for me.

Reasonable zooms 217 ; overall CTR 0.59; 

Not in NU; all images exclusive

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 3

On 01/06/2019 at 12:42, njene said:

Zero sales for May

Ive had zero sales for April and May - pretty discouraging

I think I’m going to cry 😢 

Before you do, go grab your camera. See, that is a picture that will probably sell, you stare at mirror crying. 😂

Edited by Gabbro
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabbro said:

Before you do, go grab your camera. See, that is a picture that will probably sell, you stare at mirror crying. 😂

Include a camera and maybe some expensive gear: photographer crying.

Include maybe a pile of bills and the screen of one of the free stock sites: photography crisis.

Include a couple of hands holding phones: disruption.

- No I won't do it either.

wim

• Love 1

On 01/06/2019 at 23:26, Foreign Export said:

well thanks for that, Im watching the game in Sydney whilst avoiding all news and websites where i might hear the outcome before I've watched the game - thought an Alamy forum would be a safe to peruse whilst watching the game-clearly not

I'm so sorry for that. Didn't cross my mind when I posted that comment. Hope the game lived up to your expectations. Personally, regardless of the result, I found it very disappointing. Both sides looked completely knackered. My apologies!

On 02/06/2019 at 00:56, Autumn Sky said:

I am neutral, but Liverpool had terrific season & after last year final Klopp definitely deserved to win this time.   It wasn't a good game & I thought 1st min penalty killed the game.  Wasn't penalty either.   Too bad for Spurs because since Poch seems to be going to Juve this was probably best season for awhile now.   Off topic, sorry.  Huge football fan here

I think Klopp is the best! He deserved a win. Penalty was a spoiler though - shame. Off topic. Had better shut myself up! 🙂

On 02/06/2019 at 17:50, John Mitchell said:

I gather from my lurking on MS forums that those enhanced licenses are few and far between.

Probably in the same way as $$$ have become rare on Alamy. There used to be a huge gulf between Trad and micro prices. Now looking at my Trad agency statements, I can't see a big difference. I don't count subs as they aren't a like for like comparision with Alamy.

Very poor month, 9 sales for $99.

Worst month for revenue for the last 12 months - probably more.

I had 12 zooms (for 6 different subjects) on 1 day, so maybe something will come from that.

John.

• Love 1