Post positive results for 2020...

I had two sales of polar bear pics for a book in March right before lockdowns started. It has taken a long time for them to clear so I was worried it might be cancelled but they have just cleared.

Paulette

• Love 4
  • Like 2

On 14/07/2020 at 06:37, Pekka Liukkonen said:

I have no sales since mid February. I´m slowly removing photos from Alamy and not submitting any more. 
I lost my interest in this game.

This post let me think, as in the same boat of me.. 're you succeeding guys making often use of AoA to get better trends which sale?

A nice surprise on Alamy measures this morning!

I had 3 sales, 2038 views and 32 zooms yesterday, the later both being record amounts!

They were all related to Stoke-on-Trent or Staffordshire, presumably for calendars, as that was what the 3 sales were for.

John.

• Love 4

On 02/09/2020 at 14:57, KODAKovic said:

This post let me think, as in the same boat of me.. 're you succeeding guys making often use of AoA to get better trends which sale?

Not applicable to news, although I did use to have a look before I changed to press.

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

Small cluster of reasonably priced sales over the last two days , one low $$$ (magazine) and a couple of high-ish $$ Good start to the month !

Glad to hear that. Similar situation for me, and I see that a $$$ sale was invoiced today. Perhaps September will be a charmed month. We need one.

• Love 2

My positive results will probably pale in comparison to many but for a niche port with low numbers it's not getting off to too bad a start. Sold four images this year, one twice. Just had a sale for a photo of Manchester come in, glad I marked it as exclusive as otherwise it'd have been in single figures. At the start of the year I had around 200 images and now over 1000 so hoping the wheels are in motion now and next year will see more of an uptick. Also need to add more photos of people into my port, I'm fairly good at street but haven't done it in a long time so the courage to go out and point a camera at strangers has waned.

One theme that continually comes around for me is I am tending to sell images that I don't expect to sell, so I am cautious of binning images in a set that are technically sound because they might be sellers!

• Love 4
  • Like 3

I have now earnt a dollar more than last year. And still 3 months to go ! 

ps....is it me, or has the library not being updated for a couple of days now ?     stuff I keyworded on Wednesday still not showing, despite it stating that they are on sale in AIM, and my Forum no. of images going up 😕

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

ps....is it me, or has the library not being updated for a couple of days now ?     stuff I keyworded on Wednesday still not showing, despite it stating that they are on sale in AIM, and my Forum no. of images going up 😕

I'm not sure whether it's 24 or 48 hours behind but yes, it hasn't updated. Frustrating.

27 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I'm not sure whether it's 24 or 48 hours behind but yes, it hasn't updated. Frustrating.

I think it's been over 48 hours, but it seems to be starting to update now - I can see a few of my photos captioned 2 days ago coming through.

6 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

I think it's been over 48 hours, but it seems to be starting to update now - I can see a few of my photos captioned 2 days ago coming through.

On the basis that 24 hours 'behind' is normal, in that it updates the following day, then yes, more than 48 hours in total.

11 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I have now earnt a dollar more than last year. And still 3 months to go ! 

Same here - the Wednesday batch acting "ghostly" 😉 

23 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Er, no it isn't, unless you're paying to take photographs! If you'd earned nothing, that would be a reduction of 100%.

thanks - yes would be quite poor if I was paying to be on Alamy- I should rephrase and say income has dropped to a third of previous year