Post positive results for 2020...

My first $$$ sale (book use, exclusive image) of 2020 showed up today. The year has started off quite well with nine sales so far. However, I can't help noticing that every image that has licensed this month is a dependable repeat-seller. I guess there is a message there.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

However, I can't help noticing that every image that has licensed this month is a dependable repeat-seller. I guess there is a message there.

That's very interestiing.  Goes against the whole 'upload more' ethos.

On 11/01/2020 at 03:53, Bryan said:

Yesterday I just crept over the $40,000 gross sales mark. It's taken a while and it will be interesting to see if I get to pass the $50,000 hurdle before the clogs get popped!

Wow - over what period of time?

1 hour ago, Chris1603 said:

Wow - over what period of time?

Not that impressive Chris, I've been here a while.  I started with Alamy in Dec 2007, but was working full time at that point, so I didn't get properly involved until I retired late in 2010.  There were some great fees available in those earlier times, 3 figure sales were relatively common, now approaching the status of hens' teeth, while the total number of images available here has been hugely increased. Things are much, much tougher now.

45 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Not that impressive Chris, I've been here a while.  I started with Alamy in Dec 2007, but was working full time at that point, so I didn't get properly involved until I retired late in 2010.  There were some great fees available in those earlier times, 3 figure sales were relatively common, now approaching the status of hens' teeth, while the total number of images available here has been hugely increased. Things are much, much tougher now.

Yes, I get that impression from other threads too. Still, got to be in it to win it - as Lewis Hamilton’s dad always said.

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Bryan, I'm not mentioning this to brag. However, I started submitting in 2007 as well, and I'm now at almost $82K gross. There is really nothing special about my relatively small (these days) collection, so I think this shows how tough it is for UK photographers in the newspaper scheme. Not complaining, just sayin'... 😶

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

On 16/01/2020 at 21:22, John Mitchell said:

Bryan, I'm not mentioning this to brag. However, I started submitting in 2007 as well, and I'm now at almost $82K gross. There is really nothing special about my relatively small (these days) collection, so I think this shows how tough it is for UK photographers in the newspaper scheme. Not complaining, just sayin'... 😶

You've got to be doing something right John to make that kind of cash! I have found that the photos that I took in the States when our son lived there did proportionally a lot better than my UK shots, and infinitely better than my non UK European stuff, but they're now becoming old and dusty and not selling anything like as well. Can't face the prospect of long haul red eye flying these days, so having to stay relatively local  -  better for the planet that way too....

• Love 1

Nice one for Jan     $$$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Museum display (single use)
Print run: Single use only
Image Size: Any size
Start: 22 January 2020
End: 22 January 2023
The image will appear in a travelling museum exhibit from January 28, 2020 through May 20, 2021 to locations in Florida, Wisconsin, Virginia and Ohio.

• Love 3