Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I just crept over the $40,000 gross sales mark. It's taken a while and it will be interesting to see if I get to pass the $50,000 hurdle before the clogs get popped!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My first $$$ sale (book use, exclusive image) of 2020 showed up today. The year has started off quite well with nine sales so far. However, I can't help noticing that every image that has licensed this month is a dependable repeat-seller. I guess there is a message there.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

However, I can't help noticing that every image that has licensed this month is a dependable repeat-seller. I guess there is a message there.

That's very interestiing.  Goes against the whole 'upload more' ethos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Colblimp said:

That's very interestiing.  Goes against the whole 'upload more' ethos.

 

It also shows the importance of having a stable of repeat-sellers if you want to generate regular income. I'd be toast without mine.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

It also shows the importance of having a stable of repeat-sellers if you want to generate regular income. I'd be toast without mine.

My stable must need mucking out then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2020 at 03:53, Bryan said:

Yesterday I just crept over the $40,000 gross sales mark. It's taken a while and it will be interesting to see if I get to pass the $50,000 hurdle before the clogs get popped!

Wow - over what period of time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris1603 said:

Wow - over what period of time?

 

Not that impressive Chris, I've been here a while.  I started with Alamy in Dec 2007, but was working full time at that point, so I didn't get properly involved until I retired late in 2010.  There were some great fees available in those earlier times, 3 figure sales were relatively common, now approaching the status of hens' teeth, while the total number of images available here has been hugely increased. Things are much, much tougher now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bryan said:

 

Not that impressive Chris, I've been here a while.  I started with Alamy in Dec 2007, but was working full time at that point, so I didn't get properly involved until I retired late in 2010.  There were some great fees available in those earlier times, 3 figure sales were relatively common, now approaching the status of hens' teeth, while the total number of images available here has been hugely increased. Things are much, much tougher now.


Yes, I get that impression from other threads too. Still, got to be in it to win it - as Lewis Hamilton’s dad always said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chris1603 said:

Still, got to be in it to win it - as Lewis Hamilton’s dad always said.

 

Hmmm... I wish I could find more comparisons between competing in Formula 1 and contributing to Alamy...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bryan said:

 

Not that impressive Chris, I've been here a while.  I started with Alamy in Dec 2007, but was working full time at that point, so I didn't get properly involved until I retired late in 2010.  There were some great fees available in those earlier times, 3 figure sales were relatively common, now approaching the status of hens' teeth, while the total number of images available here has been hugely increased. Things are much, much tougher now.

 

Bryan, I'm not mentioning this to brag. However, I started submitting in 2007 as well, and I'm now at almost $82K gross. There is really nothing special about my relatively small (these days) collection, so I think this shows how tough it is for UK photographers in the newspaper scheme. Not complaining, just sayin'... 😶

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 21:22, John Mitchell said:

 

Bryan, I'm not mentioning this to brag. However, I started submitting in 2007 as well, and I'm now at almost $82K gross. There is really nothing special about my relatively small (these days) collection, so I think this shows how tough it is for UK photographers in the newspaper scheme. Not complaining, just sayin'... 😶

 

You've got to be doing something right John to make that kind of cash! I have found that the photos that I took in the States when our son lived there did proportionally a lot better than my UK shots, and infinitely better than my non UK European stuff, but they're now becoming old and dusty and not selling anything like as well. Can't face the prospect of long haul red eye flying these days, so having to stay relatively local  -  better for the planet that way too....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one for Jan     $$$

 

Country: United States
Usage: Editorial
Media: Museum display (single use)
Print run: Single use only
Image Size: Any size
Start: 22 January 2020
End: 22 January 2023
The image will appear in a travelling museum exhibit from January 28, 2020 through May 20, 2021 to locations in Florida, Wisconsin, Virginia and Ohio.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.