Post positive results for 2020...

7 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Just passed 4,000 pics in my port.  Slower getting there than I'd like, but I'm there now and looking to 5,000. 😁

Congrats Andy, we were neck and neck for a while but you seem to have put a bit of a spurt on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davidhu said:

Congrats Andy, we were neck and neck for a while but you seem to have put a bit of a spurt on.

Thanks - you're not far behind.  I've been shooting like mad during this C19 panicdemic so that's the reason my image count has gone a lot higher. 🙂

7 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I had a big licence fee back in January.

Today, the licence was renewed/extended. The two sales fees come to the princely sum of $1600.00 gross.

So a BIG thank you to Alamy's US team 🙂.

That's fantastic! Not only great for the fees, but the fact that the original licence was only for 3 months! I don't think that I've ever had a licence for less than a year - and I haven't seen one of those in, erm , well, years! They're usually 5. 10,  or even more, these days.

Not fishing, but I'm guessing that it must have been some kind of advertising?

On 07/04/2020 at 20:42, Avpics said:

It's purely an ego thing, but I've seen my pseudo name rolling past in the credits of a tv program for the first time, rather than just Alamy. Feels pretty cool.

Which TV programme was it? Usually, like you say, it just says Alamy.

John.

17 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I had a big licence fee back in January.

Today, the licence was renewed/extended. The two sales fees come to the princely sum of $1600.00 gross.

So a BIG thank you to Alamy's US team 🙂.

Yes I've had the same.  The original sale for $950 was from one of those emails asking if I'd be willing to give exclusivity for book cover use for 10 years and I agreed to that.  However as Alamy changed the restrictions some time ago exclusivity can't be that precise so it was restricted for editorial use for 10 years.  This renewal if for a further 25 years of exclusivity and I wasn't asked if I was happy with that.

I doubt my particular image would ever sell many times so I'm not complaining in this instance but there is a principle at stake here I think.

Pearl

Edited by Pearl
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stokie said:

Which TV programme was it? Usually, like you say, it just says Alamy.

John.

Escape to the Château DIY. It featured the Queen's former head coachman Philip Barnard-Brown who is now busy doing as the show's title, with image P19E31 used to illustrate his former life.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Escape to the Château DIY. It featured the Queen's former head coachman Philip Barnard-Brown who is now busy doing as the show's title, with image P19E31 used to illustrate his former life.

Interesting. I've only ever sold a handful of images for TV use, and i've never seen them on screen. It would be an ego trip to see your name mentioned on the telly!

John.

On 07/04/2020 at 17:21, Lisa said:

With today's deposit into my Pay Pal account I just joined Alamy's 10K club. 🥂

My 1,500 photos on Alamy stock:

PayPal Net Revenue  

2013        $307

2014     $1,656

2015     $1,901

2016     $1,337

2017     $1,440

2018     $1,869

2019     $1,253

2020        $249     

Total as of 7 APR 2020 = $10,013 

And my 950 iPhone photos for sale on Alamy's app PayPal total = $1,074.

Thanks Alamy. 👏

Congratulations Lisa! Are you locked down in the US or the UK?

Kumar

18 hours ago, losdemas said:

That's fantastic! Not only great for the fees, but the fact that the original licence was only for 3 months! I don't think that I've ever had a licence for less than a year - and I haven't seen one of those in, erm , well, years! They're usually 5. 10,  or even more, these days.

👍

Not fishing, but I'm guessing that it must have been some kind of advertising?

Hello losdemas,

It was for a book cover, as with Pearl's post 3 below yours.

The picture wasn't that special. Something that we all have at home. And so do your neighbours !

Stay safe,

Phil

😷👍

On 10/04/2020 at 09:24, Pearl said:

Yes I've had the same.  The original sale for $950 was from one of those emails asking if I'd be willing to give exclusivity for book cover use for 10 years and I agreed to that.  However as Alamy changed the restrictions some time ago exclusivity can't be that precise so it was restricted for editorial use for 10 years.  This renewal if for a further 25 years of exclusivity and I wasn't asked if I was happy with that.

I doubt my particular image would ever sell many times so I'm not complaining in this instance but there is a principle at stake here I think.

Pearl

Update - I received an email last night asking for my permission!

Pearl

• 2 weeks later...

I've done it, I've finally done it! I now have more images here on Alamy than I have posts in the forum! 😉 :) Whoo-hoo!

...on another note...I've now got 3000+ images here (not known for my speed). Can I retire now? 😂

• Love 5

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

I've done it, I've finally done it! I now have more images here on Alamy than I have posts in the forum! 😉 :) Whoo-hoo!

...on another note...I've now got 3000+ images here (not known for my speed). Can I retire now? 😂

if this is a motivation for you, maybe you should add 500 posts in next week 😉 

33 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

if this is a motivation for you, maybe you should add 500 posts in next week 😉 

Haha

Now there's a plan!

Though truth be told, the two things that would genuinely motivate me are:

1. Sales
  2. A little proactive movement from Alamy re: abuse of licensing terms
Edited by losdemas
..truth be told