Post positive results for 2020...

49 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Fifth sale of the month dropped in today. I can live with that. Best $99 and $75.

You guys are lucky in the States, they charge more there. 5 sales, best $36. Well done anyway!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve F said:

You guys are lucky in the States, they charge more there...

Just had two US calendar sales pop in for perhaps five times that previously seen for UK licenses. The dates are odd:

Country: North America ; Usage: Consumer goods ;  Media: Calendar ;  Print run: up to 100,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 24-April-2020 ; End: 24-April-2021 ; Additional Details: Use of image for use on note cards, greeting cards and other stationary & printed products. One year rights granted starting January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.

A calendar for this year normally goes on sale in the last months of the previous year, so perhaps seven months ago. I probably shouldn't complain, given the high value.

• Love 1

On 24/04/2020 at 08:53, Avpics said:

Just had two US calendar sales pop in for perhaps five times that previously seen for UK licenses. The dates are odd:

Country: North America ; Usage: Consumer goods ;  Media: Calendar ;  Print run: up to 100,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 24-April-2020 ; End: 24-April-2021 ; Additional Details: Use of image for use on note cards, greeting cards and other stationary & printed products. One year rights granted starting January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.

A calendar for this year normally goes on sale in the last months of the previous year, so perhaps seven months ago. I probably shouldn't complain, given the high value.

I work with a few calendar companies and they generally print in August of the previous year, and start sending out contracts as early as late January the year before, but the contract provides for payment after March of the "calendar" year - i.e., the contract is signed in early to mid-2019, calendar goes to press and is released August 2019, it's a 2020 calendar so you are paid after March of 2020. 

Congrats on multiple sales! Are you willing to share the "high value" you received? 

Edited by Marianne

23 minutes ago, Marianne said:

Are you willing to share the "high value" you received? 

$225 each. Generally forum members don't share actual values, the theory being that a customer may see a figure that another has paid which may be lower and therefore knock their fee down. In this case I'd be quite happy for future calendar sales to match these ones!

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

$225 each. Generally forum members don't share actual values, the theory being that a customer may see a figure that another has paid which may be lower and therefore knock their fee down. In this case I'd be quite happy for future calendar sales to match these ones!

Thanks. That's an excellent price. Since you said $$$, I figured it wasn't going to be one we'd rather not become public. Appreciate your sharing. $450 for two photos is excellent! Congrats!

On 25/04/2020 at 10:12, Angler said:

Milestone achieved!! Joined Alamy May 2003 first sale in Aug 2003 and just passed $500k in sales, happy days.

Brilliant and Congratulations !

But a pity you can't go to the pub and celebrate !

Enjoyed looking thru your collection. Your name is often in the Found Images thread.

• Love 2

eERWMEh.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Wraparound
Image Size: 2 page spread
Start: 29 April 2020
End: 29 April 2030
Front and Back cover

$$$

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Sorry to hijack the thread, but...is it just me or does there seem to be a widening of results here?  It just appears that there have been quite a few more $$$ sales than in the recent past, combined with a lot more tiny $ sales and a boom in PU/presentations. A lot of decent value licenses seem to be coming out of the USA (no surprise there), but also quite a few v good results from Germany.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, stipe said:

Front and Back cover

$$$

What a breath of fresh air that picture is... in these days of lockdown...

• Love 2

I'm afraid that this is the best that I can offer right now, but it feels somewhat positive for me.  My uploads for this month are now at 200+.  Now I know that that is chicken-feed and a bog-standard monthly effort for many here (there are those who would do that in a day, every day - I'm thinking in particular of someone who used to post here v regularly for a few years!). But for me this is major - it's my highest monthly upload ever🤯 I am well aware that this in no way equates to selling more here (even relative to my own paltry efforts), and I don't just throw everything to the wall to see what sticks, but I'm pretty rubbish at being brave enough to be selective to sell!  I believe (and hope!) that most of my predominately editorial (that's what I've found sells for me here) uploads this month will prove effective a few months down the line.  If they do, then they'll be getting 50% at least. :)

• Love 2

14 hours ago, stipe said:

eERWMEh.jpg

Front and Back cover

$$$

Beautiful shot!...and licenced well $$$

• Love 1

On 21/04/2020 at 21:33, BobD said:

I have never had the opportunity to post in this thread before but my first 3 figure sale for 3 years dropped in this morning.

Well done Bob....gives you a lift when a better sale drops in.....

6 hours ago, losdemas said:

I'm afraid that this is the best that I can offer right now, but it feels somewhat positive for me.  My uploads for this month are now at 200+.  Now I know that that is chicken-feed and a bog-standard monthly effort for many here (there are those who would do that in a day, every day - I'm thinking in particular of someone who used to post here v regularly for a few years!). But for me this is major - it's my highest monthly upload ever🤯 I am well aware that this in no way equates to selling more here (even relative to my own paltry efforts), and I don't just throw everything to the wall to see what sticks, but I'm pretty rubbish at being brave enough to be selective to sell!  I believe (and hope!) that most of my predominately editorial (that's what I've found sells for me here) uploads this month will prove effective a few months down the line.  If they do, then they'll be getting 50% at least. :)

Still a good effort there....we can only do what's relative to us...but the more pics in the lottery, gives us more chance of a return stating the obvious...I have been catching up on a backlog of images myself....It gives us something to do in these troubled times...It's still positive, you have to appreciate what opportunities we individually have. 

Edited by William Caram
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sally said:

My CTR has risen above 0.6 for the first time ever. 😁

I never know, when people mention their CTR, exactly what they are referring to. Is it their total for the rolling year, or their average (if more than one pseudonym)? Or is it either total or average for the rolling month? It makes quite a difference as to which figure you choose.

Alex

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

I never know, when people mention their CTR, exactly what they are referring to. Is it their total for the rolling year, or their average (if more than one pseudonym)? Or is it either total or average for the rolling month? It makes quite a difference as to which figure you choose.

Alex

I meant the CTR showing on the monthly graph.

2 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I would have thought with the amount of sales you have had it would be much higher!

In comparison if you are talking about April CTR, mine was 1.04

Live News don't have an input into CTR, until after they hit the main stock side, and then the descriptions may get a few more false results, so I can see why the CTR of a successful Live News could lead to interesting results, depending on number of images per submissions.... 

Edited by meanderingemu