Post positive results for 2020...

On 14/07/2020 at 12:37, Pekka Liukkonen said:

I have no sales since mid February. I´m slowly removing photos from Alamy and not submitting any more. 
I lost my interest in this game.

I won't do that if i were you, because you won't incur any loses just by leaving the pictures on Alamy. Never say never when someone buys it, beside, it is just doing keywords, description etc etc, u dun need to do any marketing daily. 

Not seen a $$$ sale for quite a while, but a $150 lease appeared yesterday. I can never understand how the pricing works, this photo has sold in the past for a good deal less, it's not one of my major works so to speak, but a very welcome outcome. Thanks Alamy!

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

No sales since April, but then again, Iv'e had a full time job for year and a half, so have hardly been uploading, started going through some old files and uploaded a photo of a train station on the 13th, passed the next day and sold for double digit PU yesterday 20th!

CC

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations. That's encouraging to hear, especially this month.

Yes it looks good next to a run of news tiddlers above it in my sales list. 

On 28/07/2020 at 21:05, Colblimp said:

This morning I passed last year's number of sales (156).  I'm now on 172 for this year, with gross revenue about $250 short on last year's total.  Life is good!

Is it due to live news going strong? Or is your stock also selling well? 

21 minutes ago, andremichel said:

Is it due to live news going strong? Or is your stock also selling well? 

Approx. 90% Live News.  I don't sell much stock, but then I don't upload much stock any more.  I'll do some stock pics if I can't be bothered to go looking for news stories, but that's quite rare. 

12 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Approx. 90% Live News.  I don't sell much stock, but then I don't upload much stock any more.  I'll do some stock pics if I can't be bothered to go looking for news stories, but that's quite rare. 

Thanks for the info. Your monthly numbers have been impressive especially recently while many have struggled. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andremichel said:

Thanks for the info. Your monthly numbers have been impressive especially recently while many have struggled. 

Thanks. I’ve taken full advantage of C19 and photographed everything from face mask wearers to COVID test centres to Garda check points. I’ve worked really hard, shooting almost every day from before dawn to after dusk. I’ve done very well with Irish nationals and Cork based papers too.  News is where it’s at, seemingly...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

And I have just had my best sale ever, upper $$$ taking my sales value to 30% above the whole of last year and my sales numbers to only 10% less than all 2019. 

Fantastic. Bill!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

And I have just had my best sale ever, upper $$$ taking my sales value to 30% above the whole of last year and my sales numbers to only 10% less than all 2019. 

Well done, Bill. Brilliant news!

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe things are looking up. I am one sale short of the total for 2019 and three short of 2018 which was my best year ever. Gross $ value so far this year exceeds the total for any complete year already and even allowing for the extra slice Alamy have taken my net is better too.

More than that though my sales are 50% more in the last 12 months than any calendar year and more than 50% up in value terms.

I am still not going to be rich any time soon though.

• Love 2