Post positive results for 2020...

10 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I would have thought with the amount of sales you have had it would be much higher!

In comparison if you are talking about April CTR, mine was 1.04

Yes, my CTR is stubbornly low despite a lot of work culling tags to make them as specific as possible. But I have noticed my images appearing relatively high up on search terms. I think the kernel must be in Alamys’ comment that CTR is only a part of the overall ranking.

And my CTR has since dropped below 0.60 anyway. I’ve long since given up worrying about it.

8 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Live News don't have an input into CTR, until after they hit the main stock side, and then the descriptions may get a few more false results

Which is why I always try to edit the captions of Live News images to be only relevant to what a particular image shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Total CTR is currently twice the Alamy average, three sales this month for a total of $$$ and if (but it's a big if) sales continue at the level achieved so far this year I might end the year 20% up on last year.

• Love 2

Just had a low $$$ sale pop up!

I've 6 sales this month and the lowest of those is $30 with an average of $54.50, when I usually average about $25.

My Revenue total so far this month is the best for 10 months - with 10 days still to go!!

John.

• Love 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

Just had a low $$$ sale pop up!

I've 6 sales this month and the lowest of those is $30 with an average of $54.50, when I usually average about $25.

My Revenue total so far this month is the best for 10 months - with 10 days still to go!!

John.

Well done, great news!  Gives me hope. 👍

• Like 1

A sale reported in April of last year was finally paid for and I'll be getting a payout around the first week in June.  Fish photos, which seem to be low three figures the two times I've sold those.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 23/01/2020 at 21:22, Abiyoyo said:

Just now one for $635

Distributed, but still very nice. Hopefully not refunded as it happened this month with one at $165 changed to $65 few weeks later.

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 December 2019
End: 01 December 2020
Japan, Travel brochures

Nice!

2 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

Nice!

Thanks Bill. The same image was reused/resold the following month for nearly half, by the same buyer I think so, and finally in March by  another half. Not too bad. 

• Love 1

A small achievement for many of you, but still giving me hope.

Today I had my first zoom since February.

Had sales since Feb, but not a single zoom, and my CTR was sliding down down down...

Hopefully this will slow the sliding.

7 minutes ago, Regis said:

A small achievement for many of you, but still giving me hope.

Today I had my first zoom since February.

Had sales since Feb, but not a single zoom, and my CTR was sliding down down down...

Hopefully this will slow the sliding.

Sorry everyone, pls switch off. Regis, I'm in Darwin. You suggested we could meet. I'm all for it. How can we get in touch? 

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Sorry everyone, pls switch off. Regis, I'm in Darwin. You suggested we could meet. I'm all for it. How can we get in touch? 

In about 30 minutes I am going to the city for an ice cream.

Are you in the city?

13 minutes ago, gvallee said:

If too short notice, we could try to catch up tomorrow afternoon, if you don't already have other plans?

3 minutes ago, Regis said:

If too short notice, we could try to catch up tomorrow afternoon, if you don't already have other plans?

I did not mean so quickly!! I'm actually at Douglas Daly but will be in Darwin in the next few days. Given the distances in Oz, me saying I'm in Darwin sounded right. LOL!!.

Can you e-mail me at genvallee33 at gmail dot com?

3 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I did not mean so quickly!! I'm actually at Douglas Daly but will be in Darwin in the next few days. Given the distances in Oz, me saying I'm in Darwin sounded right. LOL!!.

Can you e-mail me at genvallee33 at gmail dot com?

🤣

Ok,

No worries.

Don't freeze on the way up here.

(It is unusually cold for us up here now. 20 degrees Celsius just right now. And this morning I turned the heater on in my car for the first time in years)

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Regis said:

It is unusually cold for us up here now. 20 degrees Celsius just right now

It's the same 20 degree celsius here in UK and we call it Summer 🙂

• Love 1

23 hours ago, Regis said:

🤣

Ok,

No worries.

Don't freeze on the way up here.

(It is unusually cold for us up here now. 20 degrees Celsius just right now. And this morning I turned the heater on in my car for the first time in years)

I feel so sorry for the poor b****ers from Darwin who rushed to camp here for the first weekend after lockdown, and it's 20 degrees. Lots of jumpers, fleece and camp fires. I love the smell of the fires drifting towards us.

Even if nothing else clears next week I'm due for my largest payout since joining Alamy (excluding additional DACS). That's a great boost whilst feeling COVID-trapped.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Finally got to 7000 images uploaded last night. (captions proofread and amended this morning). CTR is above average. Still on page 1 of BHZ. Just need those sales to keep coming. ;) 

• Like 3