Post positive results for 2020...

5 hours ago, Pearl said:

An Alamywhack showed in measures from yesterday's searches and just came through as a $$$ sale.

Pearl

I had an sort of whack but don’t expect it will net me $$$. The name of a well known Scottish figure - three images only in Alamy which I find surprising and all mine.

• Love 1

On 29/02/2020 at 13:47, William Caram said:

Wow!   2 sales this month  (settle down Bill )   Image BA1F68  for $12.62 Gross and Image B2XBDC for $ 10.30 Gross.......

Still have backlog of images to process and upload, so working at folio building and have just upload 6 more pics ( awaiting Q.C. ) but that will take me to 4000 online here...A milestone for me and will work harder to get to the 5000 mark.

Yeah well done Bill.....Yeah thanks mate 😁 

Edited by William Caram

7 hours ago, Sally said:

I had an sort of whack but don’t expect it will net me $$$. The name of a well known Scottish figure - three images only in Alamy which I find surprising and all mine.

i had one of those in december.  One of 6, all mine.  upper $.  you would think Alamy would find a way to get more money for rarity. 

On 06/03/2020 at 19:19, Sally said:

Another sort of whack over the weekend of the name of a hotel I stayed in. Only 3 images on Alamy and all mine and two zoomed. I'm still waiting for either of these to turn up in sales though....

• Like 1

after a struggling week to alter my plans, make it back to Canada and now start a mandatory Self Isolation (symptoms free thankfully) with nothing appearing on my sales feed, did a search on name to find two new hits....  one culture trip and one Telegraph picture of the day for the last live event i will attend for a few weeks....  the amounts will not be great, but it did make my day....

(this is the Telegraph image, based on search results (they are paywall)

2B4FCT2.jpg

• Love 2

Post positive results for 2020...

Half way through my recommended Quarantine (traveller), still major symptoms free, though exhausted of worrying about any bodily change.  Last night set up online chess game with my 10 year old nephew who i can hear running above me, that was nice, except he has gone much better than me.... 

seeing positive in small things...  

• Love 2

My March has already drawn level with the totals from December to February, and generally feels much more alive with high zooms and increasing CTR. I hope that can continue through difficult times.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

My sweet sea otter is on Alamy's Twitter! I've never had that before. I wonder if it results in sales.

Paulette

Congratulations! You take amazing pictures and they are all Twitter-worthy.😊

Thank you, Betty. I had the most wonderful time with that sea otter. I was on a pedestrian bridge over the bay and he was sleeping in the sun. Then the current would take him into the shade under the bridge and he'd wake up and swim out to the sun again. I watched and took photos for a long time. Not often you can get that point of view of a wild sea otter.

Paulette

14 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thank you, Betty. I had the most wonderful time with that sea otter. I was on a pedestrian bridge over the bay and he was sleeping in the sun. Then the current would take him into the shade under the bridge and he'd wake up and swim out to the sun again. I watched and took photos for a long time. Not often you can get that point of view of a wild sea otter.

Paulette

No, and you proved that patience is a virtue!

Licensed 11 wildlife pictures since the beginning of January, a difficult subject to sell.

7 of them were birds which used to be my main sellers but had mysteriously dried up. They seem to be picking us again.

Not that the money is great but it's heart warming to see them sell given the efforts going into bird photography.

• Love 3

Joined Alamy 2 years ago, according to AIM just passed 3000 images and 39 sales today. I live in a very small Irish village, 1 pub, 1 shop and about 60 people. Nearest town (a small one 7k away) Nearest city 90k away, so happy with that effort so far.

• Love 3
  • Like 6

This month, even before the end of the month, I have had the best revenue month in the last five years.... Roughly three or four times my normal average. 

several $$$ sales, one of an NHS protest I must have taken two or three years ago and another old photo used by a television company.  One of the best sales was a locally taken “car in a sink hole” local works as per a Welsh photographer who’s name has slipped my mind (1984). 

I strongly suspect that it’s all rapidly downhill from here....

Interestingly I have been unable to find any of the high value sales and only one of the low value so I have to guess where they appeared.

• Love 1
  • Like 4