Images sold in August

2 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

I've been driving VW motorhomes for 50 years; my advice to potential owners is: rent one for a few days or weeks to help you define which features you need or will use. The VW split screens and baywindow models look so cool but they are seriously underpowered for to-day's roads. And the brakes are rubbish! They are stupidly overpriced. My 1989 transporter has a powerful petrol engine and good breaks. Do not buy the underpowered diesel version of any of the type 25 early models before they went front wheel drive.  Cooking is best done on a little portable gas ring OUTSIDE the van. An internal fitted cooker is going to stink and steam up the interior. If you want a shower & toilet you are going to need something a little bigger. A fixed high roof lets you stand up and gives you a lot more volume of air, but you will find a few height restrictions from time to time. A back-up starting device just in case; there are clever versions coming on the market. A small folding shovel/entrenching tool will help you in many ways.

I’m thinking more in terms of a van with kitchen, washroom, tv point, solar, electric hookup etc. 

Just noticed this sale made yesterday. RM, usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines. Mid $, PU sales pay more. Napier Barracks, second sale.

since-september-2020-ex-mod-napier-barracks-folkestone-have-been-used-by-the-home-office-to-provide-temporary-accommodation-for-single-adult-male-refugees-who-are-seeking-uk-asylum-the-camp-is-operated-by-clearspring-ready-homes-previously-around-25-of-the-camps-refugees-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-caused-by-a-serious-lack-of-facility-for-social-distancing-the-barracks-have-also-been-declared-unsuitable-for-human-accommodation-by-independent-inspectors-high-fencing-around-the-napier-barracks-is-topped-by-barbed-wire-pictured-gate-entrance-to-the-napier-barracks-2FWNXX0.jpg

Only $

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 15 August 2021
End: 15 August 2026

University of Melbourne student residential college Medley Hall in Drummond Street Carlton Melbourne Victoria Australia

university-of-melbourne-student-residential-college-medley-hall-in-drummond-street-carlton-melbourne-victoria-australia-2ADWR30.jpg

• Like 1

I'm expecting some refunds to show soon as today I have an image licensed as a P.U. 9 times for exactly the same use by the same buyer !

Hope I'm wrong 😀

Edited by ReeRay

Yeh, I can see someone wanting a good example of a wooden groyne. We used to have lots of them in East Anglia but they are being replaced by piles of granite which take up a lot more room and are hazardous for kids to play on. Most of the stone seems to be imported from Norway!

8 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

KH06JD.jpg

I've a few similar ones taken here and had a few sales. Not a huge amount of money but worth hanging around for a while waiting for some people to walk past.

I have done that in Lincoln. Lined up the object and waited for someone to walk by on a wide busy main pedestrian area. No one appeared in the line of fire and when I took the camera down there were two lines of people waiting both sides for me to take the shot. Very considerate so I smiled and said thank you to them all and as they were walking through raised my camera to my eye again and they all dashed out of view.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I have done that in Lincoln. Lined up the object and waited for someone to walk by on a wide busy main pedestrian area. No one appeared in the line of fire and when I took the camera down there were two lines of people waiting both sides for me to take the shot. Very considerate so I smiled and said thank you to them all and as they were walking through raised my camera to my eye again and they all dashed out of view.

Camera... tripod... lock in chosen composition. RC 'clicker' to fire the shutter while you're looking away... 😄

• Love 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Camera... tripod... lock in chosen composition. RC 'clicker' to fire the shutter while you're looking away... 😄

Unfortunately the street is really too busy for the use of a tripod and would probably be done for obstructing the pavement. Well they do call it High Street.🙂

Allan

RM, just touched $$

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 16 August 2021
End: 16 August 2026

jump-is-now-lime-rebranded-jump-bike-on-london-pavement-2DHBTAH.jpg

Not taken any Highland Games pictures this year (no Highland Games!) but yesterday I sold one from 2018... tossing the caber... low $$

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in an editorial newsletter.
Start: 16 August 2021
End: 16 August 2026

Aberdeen, Scotland - Jun 17, 2018: A competitor in the caber toss, a traditional Scottish Highland Games event, about to toss the caber. Credit: AC Images/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

• Love 1

Medium $$$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  Print run: Unlimited transmissions ;  Placement: Use within body of show ;  Start: 17-August-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity ; Additional Details: All rights all media worldwide in perpetuity

film-copying-and-digitizing-setup-leica-

Edited by ReeRay
  • Love 2
  • Like 3

Nice when you get up and your sales for the month jumped a bunch. Low $$$, second sale for this fountain in New Orleans.

P11Y1R.jpg

57 MB
5478 x 3652 pixels 
2 MB compressed
Image use: Editorial Details of use: Museum display (single use) Image Size: Any size Print run: Single use only Duration: up to 10 years Country: Worldwide Additional Details: Educational on New Orleans Cultures, Minimum of 10 years or for the life of the exhibit/in perpetuity

• Love 1
  • Like 2