Images sold in August

Evening Standard Souvenir special edition celebrating the 1972 exhibition of ancient artifacts from the tomb of Tutankhamun Stock PhotoEvening Standard Souvenir 24 page special edition celebrating the 1972 exhibition of ancient artifacts from the tomb of Tutankhamun Back cover Stock Photo

Rights Managed

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 04 November 2021
End: 04 November 2031

Identical price mid $$ for me after a long dry spell.

Digging out old relics around the house during lockdown has paid off again.

40% instead of 50% and could I be being cynical that these were zoomed ages ago but only reported after the cut in commission?

Surely not.

• Love 1

Low $$. Not bad for a photo I took from my car window while stopped at a traffic light. The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC.

PAG6R6.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2021
End: 01 July 2026
Italy, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Cool.  I want a motorhome, dying to get one in fact! 

I've had two VW versions spanning about 50 years. They are pretty reliable. But they don't score highly on domestic niceties like  washing up of either bodies or laundry.  They are great at putting you in a position for dawn or dusk shots. Hardly ever parked up at official locations but that is getting more problematic. I really hate parking up for the night in sight of anyone else

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

I've had two VW versions spanning about 50 years. They are pretty reliable. But they don't score highly on domestic niceties like  washing up of either bodies or laundry.  They are great at putting you in a position for dawn or dusk shots. Hardly ever parked up at official locations but that is getting more problematic. I really hate parking up for the night in sight of anyone else

I’m after one with all the mod cons so not only will I be able to get to locations for sunrises, I’ll also be able to take herself away on breaks. 

The Town Hall. Kendal, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom Europe.

the-town-hall-kendal-cumbria-england-united-kingdom-europe-BM5FP9.jpg

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 12 August 2021
End: 12 August 2026

Home sweet home.

• Love 1

A U.S. newspaper use for near mid $$.  My daughter's vaccination card...she was someone who got her jabs early being in the healthcare profession.  So I zipped over to her place and took the photo outside since we were not suppose to mingle so much.

Woman holding a Covid 19 Moderna Vaccine Card for proof of the first dose issued by the CDC USA Government Stock Photo

• Love 2

Been a decent week for sales.  ROW educational editorial use for mid $$.  "Shotgun houses" in a very poor area of Mississippi (Greenwood).

I was worried that this not would pass QC (due to the lens flare) but glad it did!

usa-mississippi-ms-miss-baptist-town-greenwood-two-kids-walk-past-DRW7XM.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Been a decent week for sales.  ROW educational editorial use for mid $$.  "Shotgun houses" in a very poor area of Mississippi (Greenwood).

I was worried that this not would pass QC (due to the lens flare) but glad it did!

usa-mississippi-ms-miss-baptist-town-greenwood-two-kids-walk-past-DRW7XM.jpg

The flare adds to the image IMO, given the subject matter. Glad that someone is seeing some sales/licenses this month.

P.S. The house with the AC unit and new paint job looks to be fixed up quite nicely.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

The flare adds to the image IMO, given the subject matter. Glad that someone is seeing some sales/licenses this month.

P.S. The house with the AC unit and new paint job looks to be fixed up quite nicely.

I was told that the actor, Morgan Freeman, spent much of his childhood in this community and a lot of "blues" history here too.  Cotton is a big crop around Greenwood so many of these homes were lived in by families working the cotton fields.

This one came in for same $ as last post.

River Windrush Bourton-on-the-Water Cotswolds village Gloucestershire

river-windrush-bourton-on-the-water-cotswolds-village-gloucestershire-EBTHTN.jpg

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 13 August 2021
End: 13 August 2022

Again I get 70 cents only.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

On 12/08/2021 at 20:36, Colblimp said:

There's a 40% Covid tax on them right now due to staycationers.... wait for the crash when the borders re-open fully.

On 12/08/2021 at 20:36, Colblimp said:

I've been driving VW motorhomes for 50 years; my advice to potential owners is: rent one for a few days or weeks to help you define which features you need or will use. The VW split screens and baywindow models look so cool but they are seriously underpowered for to-day's roads. And the brakes are rubbish! They are stupidly overpriced. My 1989 transporter has a powerful petrol engine and good breaks. Do not buy the underpowered diesel version of any of the type 25 early models before they went front wheel drive.  Cooking is best done on a little portable gas ring OUTSIDE the van. An internal fitted cooker is going to stink and steam up the interior. If you want a shower & toilet you are going to need something a little bigger. A fixed high roof lets you stand up and gives you a lot more volume of air, but you will find a few height restrictions from time to time. A back-up starting device just in case; there are clever versions coming on the market. A small folding shovel/entrenching tool will help you in many ways.

Edited by Robert M Estall