Images sold in August

11 hours ago, Russell Watkins said:

Low $$$ for this again. A book cover this time. It has also been used as a book lining inside a hardback.

DHMD88.jpg

Why did I pay thousands to travel and trek up mountains through jungle to snap mountain gorillas when I could have just concentrated on peeling wallpaper in my bedroom?

Good question. I licensed a photo of a concrete block wall today, but for a lot less. That's a very nice background BTW. It shows that clients are often willing to pay decent prices if they really like an image. It could be time for some new bedroom wallpaper, though. 🤠

Three sales have shown up (finally) during the past two days. This PU one is the lowest ($, RF) of the trio, but I found it intriguing.

Cement-block wall -- makes a lovely gift or greeting card 😁

Rectangular concrete block wall background Stock Photo

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

A man holds a placard saying: "Homosexuals Fight Back" while the Gay Activists Alliance group protests outside a W H Smith's shop in London, England in Summer 1978. W H Smith, as a chain, had decided to stop selling the newspaper 'Gay News', triggering the protests. The Gay Activists Alliance groups around the uk protested at many different W H Smith shops in that era. Country: United Kingdom Usage: Editorial Media: Television (editorial) Print run: Unlimited transmissions Placement: Use within body of show Start: 19 August 2021 End: 19 August 2026 7 years SVOD on Britbox, UK only. incl in context promo.  $$ so very welcome. My old bw LGBT ones continue to do ok. I must scan some more negs. 

2BH6FNY.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

although this is a low value $ sale  it now means that the number of sales ( not quite the value yet) now matches my best year ever. I expect the revenue to exceed my best year in the next couple of months . Even with the reduced commission looks like a good year for me

santander sponsored bikes for hire at canary wharf in london Stock Photo

This must be the 7th or 8th time this simple image has sold over the years

• Love 3

A speaker addresses the audience at the Campaign for Homosexual Equality (CHE) Conference in Malvern, Worcestershire, England, United Kingdom, in 1974. It has been reported that this conference "signalled a formal coalescence between the separate strands represented by GLF and CHE, and CHE's formal commitment to a policy of militant reformism". Country: United Kingdom Usage: Editorial Media: Television (editorial) Print run: Unlimited transmissions Placement: Use within body of show Start: 19 August 2021 End: 19 August 2026 7 years SVOD on Britbox, UK only. incl in context promo. $$ very welcome. A shot I took 47 years ago.

2BHF9BA.jpg

• Love 2

Only $, for Prospect Magazine (I was surprised they included that info in the details!) I'm in Oregon and have a bunch of images of the smoke from last year's horrific wildfires. It's not the kind of thing I normally shoot, but there was no way I couldn't, it hung around our area for 10 days, thick and orange.

2CGEYGJ.jpg

Edited by Gina Kelly
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Back off hols, and what sold while away won't pay for them, so I won't add to the moans about being culturetripped for ever.

mid $$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 12 August 2021
End: 12 August 2026

matabiau-railway-station-building-1903-05-toulouse-haute-garonne-france-EFJ141.jpg
  • Love 1

Very slow month for me. It hasn't been so slow for ages.

Presentation

2FJXJ2K.jpg

Magazine, editorial print and digital use, cover and/or inside, repeat use within a single issue

Mid $$

BDTJYF.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

ah the irony,  after a drought this is first sale under the new contract where "exclusive" means nothing.  This is the actual image I got ruling from Alamy on this forum as to the definition of exclusive vs one taken a couple seconds later without the passerby's look, ruled it was exclusive.

To make it worse, Affiliate so left with 34% (so drop of 22% from prior contract)

Low-mid $$, 

Affiliate Sale; Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 23-August-2021 ; End: 23-August-2026   

father-christmas-and-a-female-elf-walking-away-hand-in-hand-getting-look-from-passer-by-on-london-street-2A9C12R.jpg

• Like 1

Low $$ distributor sale, my 24% not enough for a coffee. The 6th licence of image via Alamy.
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2021
End: 01 July 2026
Bulk discount, flat rate

luzon-sea-star-echinaster-luzonicus-showing-a-five-arm-regeneration-EJPHHW.jpg

• Love 3

Taken from an open top bus. Los Angeles .Mid $$

Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 23 August 2021
Duration: In perpetuity All rights all media worldwide in perpetuity, including in context promotions

the-comedy-store-sign-8433-sunset-boulev

• Love 1