Images sold in August

This licence turned up this morning. Not a lot of money but a pleasure to remember meeting Sqd Ldr Johnson, he is now the last surving member of the RAF crews who bombed the Dams in WW2. He was at Temple Meads station, they were naming a train after him. Sqd Ldr Johnson was a bomb aimer on the raid on the Sorpe Dam. Everybody remembers the film "Dambusters" where the planes flew at low level across the water, but the  Sorpe raid was different. The shape of the lake meant they had to dive on to the Dam and this boy sat in the the very front of the plane.  I can't imagine what that was like. This picture was taken in 2018 and he still had his nerve, just before I took the picture he was giving the head of GWR some earache about late trains. It was magic to watch.

This was also the first day I had a Press pass. When I showed my son he said, thats great, but it does say "access all public areas"!

Stay safe.

bristol-uk-22nd-june-2018-johnny-johnson-who-is-97-has-had-a-train-named-after-him-at-bristol-temple-meads-stationalso-honoured-is-wartime-transport-pilot-joy-lofthouse-mrs-lofthouses-daughter-lyn-hartman-attended-mr-johnson-was-the-bomb-aimer-in-lancaster-t-tommy-which-bombed-the-sorpe-dam-after-the-war-he-stayed-in-the-raf-and-retired-as-a-squadron-leader-jmf-newsalamy-live-news-P4G58N.jpg
  • Love 5

We cherish our heroes. All of those allied together in the war. How nice for you to see him.
My stepfather fought in France/Germany on the ground. He never would talk about it or answer any of my curious questions about his experiences. As a 8-9 year-old girl, I couldn’t understand it. The Vietnam war and how it affected the fighting men made me realize the trauma involved, and why so many had to put it behind them if they could.

My stepfather brought home a German helmet. Now I can only imagine the scenario that made that possible. It was never on display, but hidden deep in a closet. I imagine it only represented the winning of the war, not the killing involved.

• Love 1

This dropped in today.

Icicle hanging from overflow pipe

icicle-hanging-from-overflow-pipe-M8JP01.jpg

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 26 August 2021
End: 26 August 2026

Low $$

Someone looking forward to winter.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

Correct had a few from that view for news/weather. The new system knocks the stuffing a bit.

Cheers - great part of the world for photography and life - hoping to get back, some day, to Casey's  and travelling the coast and ocean for the whales and dolphins.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, Nodvandigtid said:

Cheers - great part of the world for photography and life - hoping to get back, some day, to Casey's  and travelling the coast and ocean for the whales and dolphins.

Its a fantastic part of the world, we also have "lost" Walrus at the moment that keeps hauling out onto small boats, cabin cruisers etc. The trouble is his weight sinks them! Wally the Walrus is not a very popular bunny at the moment among the boating people.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, PuffinsPictures said:

Argentina, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

A few more and I can buy a cup of coffee. 😅

A wild Spectacled Flying Fox sleeps among the dense rainforest foliage near a wildlife rescue centre in Kuranda, Queensland. Stock Photo

I don't always think "peaceful" for a bat but this guy seems to be having sweet dreams.

Paulette

• Love 1

3 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Its a fantastic part of the world, we also have "lost" Walrus at the moment that keeps hauling out onto small boats, cabin cruisers etc. The trouble is his weight sinks them! Wally the Walrus is not a very popular bunny at the moment among the boating people.

He's popular with me coz I made some sales of him!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Low $$ for this one.  But it'll buy me a coffee or two...

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 28 August 2021
End: 28 August 2026

Traditional Punch and Judy puppets at the Wolsingham village show in the north of England. Stock Photo

• Love 3