Images sold in August

Manchester, UK, 13th August, 2021. Manchester, Trafford, Greater Manchester, and district seen from the air. Old Trafford Football Ground, home of Manchester United Football club or MUFC. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. Country: Worldwide Media: All media  Start: 17 August 2021 Duration: Unlimited. $ only but all sales welcome.

2GDGG8R.jpg

Banner at a Covid 19 or covid-19 or coronavirus vaccination Service NHS or national health service site in Manchester, UK. Country: Worldwide. Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media. Media: Website, app and social media. $ only but all sales welcome.

2G8FEWW.jpg

United Kingdom railway signalling. Colour light signal, Red; Signal Identification Plate CE53 and GSM-R Alias Plate 996. Oxenholme Station, West Coast Main Line, Cumbria, U.K., Europe.

united-kingdom-railway-signalling-colour-light-signal-red-signal-identification-plate-and-gsm-r-alias-plate-oxenholme-station-cumbria-uk-T95C1H.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2021
End: 01 July 2026
Poland, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

typical-primary-middle-school-classroom-

Mid ££

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 16 August 2021
Duration: In perpetuity Use within a single production, to be shown across all media, worldwide and in perpetuity this price can also be used for BBC PSR

Curious if anybody happens upon it on a BBC show.

horses-leave-the-start-of-the-sky-bet-ha

As it's Ebor races this week I've had a mini flurry of low costs editorial sales with shots from last year. One question I do have is what's the difference between Unlimited and In Perpetuity in duration?

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

I always thought that was a nice looking slide-copying setup!

Yes, excellent unit for 35mm to 6x7 digitising.

Edited by ReeRay

U.S. Educational Editorial Web use for mid $$.  This is my best seller from my trip to Egypt.  Was on a Nile cruise and saw these guys irrigating a crop along the Nile...it has sold way more than any of the iconic Egypt places I shot. 

egypt-nile-river-an-irrigation-system-pumps-water-from-the-nile-to-B9WDKM.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 3

On 14/08/2021 at 07:27, Colblimp said:

I’m thinking more in terms of a van with kitchen, washroom, tv point, solar, electric hookup etc. 

We owned a used 10 year-old class A motor home for a year or two. I never cooked in it other than warming canned soup in the microwave. i was on holiday, too, and was not going to spend it cooking. We had a portable bbq grill to cook on outdoors occasionally.  It had a bathroom with shower…never used but nice to have in case of emergencies. There was a wash up sink outside of the bath for brushing teeth and washing our faces. We didn’t want to deal with finding places often to dump black water. There were all these dials for filling the water tank, dumping, electrical and so on. Just looking at them, let alone figuring out what do do made my heart quiver, but I did it.

My husband’s dementia was just then getting to the point that he, who was once so good at many things, couldn’t retain the logistics of running things. He basically drove (still a great driver) and backed us into motor home spaces in parks. I did all the mapping, had to tell him what roads to catch and constantly reassure him he was on the correct highway.

Our last trip was spectacular, but the burden of every tiny thing was on me, and mechanical systems were not my forte. We had about 4 nights out of the three week vacation that were cold, and even with the manual, we couldn’t get the heater on. I begged hubs to talk to one of the other men at the park to help, but his pride wouldn’t allow it, and he wouldn’t allow me to ask.  So we froze. When we got home, I did call someone and found all we needed to do was bleed the air out of the gas line. A simple turning on the kitchen stove would have done that, but I didn’t cook, HAH!

The stocking up for the trip, clothes, camera equipment, food, meds, everything pre-trip was on me, also. While the holiday was wonderful, there was quite a bit of stress involved which took the edge off of “wonderful.”

After that 2009 trip, we sold it. If things had been different, having a camper on wheels would have been spectacularly wonderful.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

U.S. Educational Editorial Web use for mid $$.  This is my best seller from my trip to Egypt.  Was on a Nile cruise and saw these guys irrigating a crop along the Nile...it has sold way more than any of the iconic Egypt places I shot. 

egypt-nile-river-an-irrigation-system-pumps-water-from-the-nile-to-B9WDKM.jpg

Mundane things are easily overlooked. That's mundane to us 😁.

Google Shadoof Nile to see the older version. Which can probably still be seen in places. I saw a different kind operated by foot, which I cannot find online. Not even here. But I have a slide somewhere.

I don't know if water wheels are still in use in Egypt, but they are among the things that the Egyptians did for us.

(There used to be a series on British Television: What the Romans did for us. (Look them up on Youtube.) But not about the Egyptians. Which is a pity, because who would think that they not only invented the Obelisk; Pyramids (btw they didn't) but air conditioning; bellows (for air, not the camera, but the principle is the same) and the vending machine (for Holy Water).

Adam Hart-Davis is probably too old now at 78.

Coin-in-the-slot scent  dispenser, patented 1889,  operates on the same  principles as holy water  dispenser by Stock Photo

Vending machine for Holy Water by Hero of Alexandria.

OK it could well be argued that Alexander actually was some sort of Roman or at least a Hellenistic or Hellenized Egyptian. 

Today's evening will be lost: off to viewing all things Adam Hart-Davis on Youtube.

https://render.fineartamerica.com/images/rendered/default/greeting-card/images/artworkimages/medium/2/folding-bicycle-adam-hart-davisscience-photo-library.jpg?&targetx=-49&targety=0&imagewidth=749&imageheight=500&modelwidth=700&modelheight=500&backgroundcolor=7A7B78&orientation=0

Maybe first his Brompton.

Ah.. the rabbit hole of rabbit holes. 🐇🐰 😂

wim

Edited by wiskerke
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ReeRay said:

Yes, excellent unit for 35mm to 6x7 digitising.

I remember it from the slide copying thread, but Leica BEOONs are pretty scarce and expensive these days. My adapted Bowens Illumitran serves a similar purpose, but it isn't as photogenic!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

We owned a used 10 year-old class A motor home for a year or two. I never cooked in it other than warming canned soup in the microwave. i was on holiday, too, and was not going to spend it cooking. We had a portable bbq grill to cook on outdoors occasionally.  It had a bathroom with shower…never used but nice to have in case of emergencies. There was a wash up sink outside of the bath for brushing teeth and washing our faces. We didn’t want to deal with finding places often to dump black water. There were all these dials for filling the water tank, dumping, electrical and so on. Just looking at them, let alone figuring out what do do made my heart quiver, but I did it.

My husband’s dementia was just then getting to the point that he, who was once so good at many things, couldn’t retain the logistics of running things. He basically drove (still a great driver) and backed us into motor home spaces in parks. I did all the mapping, had to tell him what roads to catch and constantly reassure him he was on the correct highway.

Our last trip was spectacular, but the burden of every tiny thing was on me, and mechanical systems were not my forte. We had about 4 nights out of the three week vacation that were cold, and even with the manual, we couldn’t get the heater on. I begged hubs to talk to one of the other men at the park to help, but his pride wouldn’t allow it, and he wouldn’t allow me to ask.  So we froze. When we got home, I did call someone and found all we needed to do was bleed the air out of the gas line. A simple turning on the kitchen stove would have done that, but I didn’t cook, HAH!

The stocking up for the trip, clothes, camera equipment, food, meds, everything pre-trip was on me, also. While the holiday was wonderful, there was quite a bit of stress involved which took the edge off of “wonderful.”

After that 2009 trip, we sold it. If things had been different, having a camper on wheels would have been spectacularly wonderful.

Sorry you didn't get more joy out of your motor home (camper) They do give you a comfortable place to sleep and arise to an opportune photo moment, but hooking up to electricity and running up and out of water and then dealing with grey or black water is not so great. Best keep it as simple as possible. I do most of the cooking,  but you really don't want to cook and generate lots of washing up. For blokes, a pee on a bush is just fine, entrenching tool might be handy. As you say, a portable BBQ is better than getting a camper kitchen going. Getting your heating working is a very good plan! My first VW in 1972 ran for 17 years and did  150,000 miles; my second 1989 model is still going strong and has only a slightly higher mileage. My 1972 sold for a bit more than I paid for it, my current one has cost a bit to keep in such good repair, but I am offered a lot more than I paid for it. Crazy! Our departed CEO James West also drove a VW van converted to run on used cooking oil for his diving travels, but last I heard had moved over to a hybrid family car. The stuff you get to know!

Edited by Robert M Estall

Editorial RF images sold for PU at the usual low $$

If you are a fan of Louisville, bourbon, the Hard Rock Cafe or just partying, I can see this as PU, but it could also be cheap buy of a full size image. Still, these days, all sales are welcome. It's been a slow summer here. 

fourth-street-live!-a-louisville-kentucky-dining-and-entertainment-destination-on-the-famous-bourbon-trail-TTR067.jpgdi

2 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Sorry you didn't get more joy out of your motor home (camper) They do give you a comfortable place to sleep and arise to an opportune photo moment, but hooking up to electricity and running up and out of water and then dealing with grey or black water is not so great. Best keep it as simple as possible. I do most of the cooking,  but you really don't want to cook and generate lots of washing up. For blokes, a pee on a bush is just fine, entrenching tool might be handy. As you say, a portable BBQ is better than getting a camper kitchen going. Getting your heating working is a very good plan! My first VW in 1972 ran for 17 years and did  150,000 miles; my second 1989 model is still going strong and has only a slightly higher mileage. My 1972 sold for a bit more than I paid for it, my current one has cost a bit to keep in such good repair, but I am offered a lot more than I paid for it. Crazy! Our departed CEO James West also drove a VW van converted to run on used cooking oil for his diving travels, but last I heard had moved over to a hybrid family car. The stuff you get to know!

Sounds like great fun, Robert. We parked at State Parks or RV camps, made for everything from tents to large RVs. There were always  clean toilets and showers available. Out of 3 weeks, since we rambled wherever our noses led us, 4 times we didn’t make one of those places by nightfall. We parked in Walmart parking lots two different nights, and a roadside area with a large parking lot and toilets one night. The 4th night, we sneaked behind a state building set next to a tiny two-lane road that had NO CAMPING signs everywhere. It was about one am, and we had gotten lost. We were exhausted. So funny…we were so worried we’d get caught it was like whack a mole with one of our heads popping up every 10 minutes to peer out of a window! After 3 hours our necks hurt, so we gave it up and moved on. We made it to Lake Placid, upper New York by sunup. We were on a leaf-peeping trip through all of New England in autumn, and the foliage was stupendous. Our two African Gray parrots traveled with us.

• Love 1

Happy to see this licensed again,

Low birth weight baby born to a woman who used Crack Cocaine during her pregnancy Stock Photo

An image from one of the best set of photographs I have ever done.

Yes I had permission from the parent.  This image has licensed many

many times as well as other images from the same day,

$$ but I really do not care.

Chuck

• Love 1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Wow, you had quite the experience. I owned a caravan in the late ‘90’s so am used to doing the essential things. 
Owning a motorhome would be so useful for me - waking up to shoot the sunrise then going straight back to bed appeals to me, as does using it as a base for when I’m out with my event printer. 
I saw a converted transit van the other day and spoke to the owner but I wish I hadn’t as I really, really want one now!

Low $$$ for this again. A book cover this time. It has also been used as a book lining inside a hardback.

DHMD88.jpg

Why did I pay thousands to travel and trek up mountains through jungle to snap mountain gorillas when I could have just concentrated on peeling wallpaper in my bedroom?

Edited by Russell Watkins
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Mid $$

Usage: Website, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 19 August 2021
End: 19 August 2026

detail-of-hell-in-michelangelos-the-last

• Like 1