Images sold in August

Mont Pourri in the Vanoise National Park, France, taken in 1976 on my second visit to the Alps.  This was one of the first images I sent to Alamy, taken on good old 35mm Kodachrome with an Olympus OM1.   It has been a repeat seller (14) over the years - up until the last two sales it was always to 'North America, educational text book'.  This and the previous sale are listed as 'worldwide', though this latest sale is listed as 'reuse' so I suspect it's for the same text book.  $50.00.   We climbed the mountain later via the glacier sloping up on the left of the peak - great days.

mont-pourri-from-the-lac-de-letroit-in-t

Edited by Vincent Lowe
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Mont Pourri in the Vanoise National Park, France, taken in 1976 on my second visit to the Alps.  This was one of the first images I sent to Alamy, taken on good old 35mm Kodachrome with an Olympus OM1.   It has been a repeat seller (14) over the years - up until the last two sales it was always to 'North America, educational text book'.  This and the previous sale are listed as 'worldwide', though this latest sale is listed as 'reuse' so I suspect it's for the same text book.  $50.00.   We climbed the mountain later via the glacier sloping up on the left of the peak - great days.

mont-pourri-from-the-lac-de-letroit-in-t

Terrific image. I got my OM1 for Christmas 1978 (a combo Christmas & Birthday gift) after my father decided the photos I'd taken on a family trip with his old 1950's Yashica were better than the photos he & my sister took on their brand new DSLRs. That camera was later stolen from a friend's house in California, found at Pawn shop (and I later learned repurchased by my friend), and I still have it. My daughter used it for her photo class in high school - traditional black and white darkroom - millenials love vintage stuff.

I was thinking while textbook prices are coming down, at least you got a reuse sale. I have one image that has been in successive editions of a best-selling travel book and while initial price was good, when I found it in a later edition, despite being RM, Alamy advised me that the sale covered all future editions, the sales info on the site notwithstanding. 

Film images really do have a very different look, we don't worry about pinpoint sharpness at 200%. Lovely work!

Edited by Marianne
Wrong year in my initial post - the 70's were a long time ago, but still, not usually the kind of mistake I make. My husband and I have been exhausted the last few days. He told me this morning he figured out the problem - he bought decaf by mistake.
  • Love 2

Re-emerging from the back of woop woop, so catching up

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Repeat use.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

$$

KH9J91.jpg

Presentation

P7ME6W.jpg

Presentation

P7ME96.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

$

BY91C4.jpg

• Love 3

On 07/08/2021 at 14:03, Allan Bell said:

This sale came in today.

Pelham Bridge is CLOSED - Get It

pelham-bridge-is-closed-get-it-2G75NB7.jpg

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 06 August 2021
End: 06 August 2022

$+cents.   I get 70 cents.   Wasn't worth the free bus ride into town.🥴

Allan

Cleveland Bridge in Bath is also closed.

"Which signs do I put up?"

"All of them!"...

Roadworks and maitenance to Cleveland Bridge in Bath Somerset UK Stock Photo