Images sold in August

Going to start this month’s thread, but not really good news. An image sold prior to the contract change for $ refunded at 50% commission and resold for a few cents less at 60% commission! If it was a bigger sale, I think I’d complain.

• Love 1

Had an early start to the month for a change. Just a small sale for $ though. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 02-August-2021 ; End: 02-August-2026 ; 
   Additional Details: Social Media and Prospect Website.

Foodbank drop off point in the Woking branch of Nationwide Building Society in Surrey, UK, during the coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic, 2021 - Stock Image

• Love 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sally said:

Going to start this month’s thread, but not really good news. An image sold prior to the contract change for $ refunded at 50% commission and resold for a few cents less at 60% commission! If it was a bigger sale, I think I’d complain.

This kind of refund/resale needs to be nipped in the bud.... Please complain strongly.

The original sale was under old contract so should still be credited at 50%

Phil

• Love 1
  • Like 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/BG4T33/colonnade-columns-of-the-byron-white-us-courthouse-denver-colorado-BG4T33.jpg

Courthouse - Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals on Stout Street Denver Colorado (from my hotel room window).

Worldwide Editorial - mid low $$

B#, but 1st sale ever.

wim

• Love 3
  • Like 1

first of the month  $$ just

freemasons hall baddeck [cape breton island] canada Stock Photo

Baddeck  cape breton island

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 02 August 2021
End: 02 August 2026
App. Rights: Any size, single placement on one app. Duration: 5 years; Worldwid

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 02/08/2021 at 11:17, spacecadet said:

That's just plain abusive. I'd complain for a cent.

So would I its not the amount but the principle if nothing else it sends a message to Alamy plus it also probhably makes them use up their measly commision gain in administration replying to your emails. 

• Like 4

Two sales dropped in this morning:

A low $$ Worldwide editorial book and ebook

E92GGW.jpg

and a low $$$ Worldwide editorial single company (Media, Design and Publishing)

EG704G.jpg

The hovering tern sold in June too.

Edited by Russell Watkins
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Dave Richards said:

Waiting......................................(sigh).

Trying to figure how I can attract the three figure sales some of you guys are getting. Taking better pictures might help. 🤔

Not sure where you live but I think many of the $$$ sales are coming from U.S. buyers and often they are looking for U.S. centric photos, but not always.  Some of the other $$$ are from TV uses and those are not all from the US buyers.  It's tough fishing out there....lots of sardines with an occasional marlin or blue fin tuna in the nets.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Not sure where you live but I think many of the $$$ sales are coming from U.S. buyers .......

And right on cue a low $$$ from the US. I suspect an image to illustrate climate crisis but with a fifty year licence they're hedging their bets.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 04-August-2021 ; End: 04-August-2071

car-driving-through-floodwater-during-the-high-tide-storm-surge-following-storm-ciara-in-southend-on-sea-essex-uk-submerged-zebra-crossing-2AXHM61.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Organ pipes ( detail ) . All Saints Church , Orton , Cumbria , England , United Kingdom, Europe . 

organ-pipes-detail-all-saints-church-orton-cumbria-england-u-k-europe-AH6HKH.jpg

Usage: Website, Websites, Apps, soziale Medien und Blogs (keine Werbung). Weltweit für 5 Jahre.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 03 August 2021
End: 03 August 2026

• Love 3

11 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Not sure where you live but I think many of the $$$ sales are coming from U.S. buyers and often they are looking for U.S. centric photos, but not always.  Some of the other $$$ are from TV uses and those are not all from the US buyers.  It's tough fishing out there....lots of sardines with an occasional marlin or blue fin tuna in the nets.

London, England.

That's a good pointer, thanks Michael. I'll have a good look out for American themed stuff next time I'm out. I'm sure there must be plenty in London if I look for it. Will be interesting to see if anything comes good from that.

• Love 1