Images sold in August

Had a flurry of 6 German distributor sales drop in today, all of European butterflies and moths. Sadly they were only for very low $$ each, and the 24% I get doesn't add up to much.

Book, print and/or e-book; Bulk discount, flat rate sales.

Here's one of them. Nine-spotted moths (Amata phegea).

Nine-spotted (yellow belted burnet, Amata phegea) moths mating on grassland in Hungary, Europe Stock Photo

• Love 4

$$ 

Usage: Corporate client. Wall Décor. Any size. Any placement. Single Design only.
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Start: 05 August 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

Last time I had a licence like this (2014) the fee was over $400. I feel a bit like these passengers. And what's the point of RM if Alamy are going to sell perpetual licences? The last one was 3 years for goodness' sake.

archive-image-of-commuters-on-a-northern-line-train-london-underground-G127PA.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

After a quiet couple of weeks I was happy to see three sales this morning.......until I read details. Very low $, And distributor sales to boot. So I get a miserly 24% of almost nothing. Giving me a few cents for each licence. All are RM & exclusive. I'm sad to say, that the 3 downloads I also had this morning on one of "those" sites were all for more than I received from Alamy. Which leaves me wondering............should I be moving some images over.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 July 2021
End: 01 July 2026
Germany, Editorial website; Intranet use; Bulk discount, flat rate

giant-australian-cuttlefish-sepia-apama-AGJ11C.jpg

Edited by cbimages
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Placards which lobby for women's safety and flowers at the statue of Emmeline Pankhurst in St Peter's Square, Manchester, England, United Kingdom, left after the vigil in the memory of Sarah Everard on 13th March, 2021. A London Metropolitan police officer was charged with Sarah Everard's kidnapping and murder on 12th March. He appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 13th March and was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on 16th March. Emmeline Pankhurst was the leader of the suffragette movement in the United Kingdom. The bronze statue was sculpted by Hazel Reeves. Just into $$.

2F361WA.jpg

Placards which lobby for women's safety and flowers at the statue of Emmeline Pankhurst in St Peter's Square, Manchester, England, United Kingdom, left after the vigil in the memory of Sarah Everard on 13th March, 2021. A London Metropolitan police officer was charged with Sarah Everard's kidnapping and murder on 12th March. He appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 13th March and was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on 16th March. Emmeline Pankhurst was the leader of the suffragette movement in the United Kingdom. The bronze statue was sculpted by Hazel Reeves. Just into $$. Demo placards with a simple message do sell, though this was an attractive arrangement after the demo.

2F362WP.jpg

2 hours ago, David eastley said:

duplicate   but not sure how to delete

You can't actually completely delete a post but don't worry- you can edit to delete all the content and just type "duplicate". Then we'll know that you 've just done what we've all done a few times.

1 hour ago, aphperspective said:

That Rat has a lump on his ear. 😃

Don't call the young man a rat.😮

Allan

• Love 1

This sale came in today.

Pelham Bridge is CLOSED - Get It

pelham-bridge-is-closed-get-it-2G75NB7.jpg

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 06 August 2021
End: 06 August 2022

$+cents.   I get 70 cents.   Wasn't worth the free bus ride into town.🥴

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

I've heard they make very good pets wonder if I can domesticate the one's in my compost heap.

WHAT! Young boys?

Allan

From lockdown in England when i was bored and we weren’t allowed out. I looked around the house for things to photograph. I’ve had a few low value sales then today this - 2x licences, PU, mid $$ each. 

seattle-mariners-baseball-team-souvenir-

• Love 2

Distributor sale to German TV. They paid lowish $$ for TV use and low $ for website use. My 24 % is just $. 

voi-e-scooter-thrown-in-to-the-sea-2BX9H

It was used to illustrate an article about using drones to find sunk e-scooters from River Rhine. 

https://www1.wdr.de/nachrichten/rheinland/verleiher-wollen-e-scooter-aus-rhein-bergen-koeln-100.html

The image was taken in Helsinki and the e-scooter in image is definitely not in Rhine.

53 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

The image was taken in Helsinki and the e-scooter in image is definitely not in Rhine.

That's normal, I had a newspaper sale last month where a picture of some flats in England were used to illustrate the rental market in Australia.

On 07/08/2021 at 14:13, aphperspective said:

I've heard they make very good pets wonder if I can domesticate the one's in my compost heap.

Young boys can never be domesticated. Ask their sisters.

Whilst I seem to be doing best with relatively local - i.e. Australian - themes, not classic tourist images, with a few juicy $$ amongst the penny dreadfuls.  Perhaps the Alamy sale office in Brisbane is earning its keep!  Monthy gross, all up, hovers around $100, really just pin money.