Images sold in August

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

And right on cue a low $$$ from the US. I suspect an image to illustrate climate crisis but with a fifty year licence they're hedging their bets.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 04-August-2021 ; End: 04-August-2071

car-driving-through-floodwater-during-the-high-tide-storm-surge-following-storm-ciara-in-southend-on-sea-essex-uk-submerged-zebra-crossing-2AXHM61.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dave Richards said:

London, England.

That's a good pointer, thanks Michael. I'll have a good look out for American themed stuff next time I'm out. I'm sure there must be plenty in London if I look for it. Will be interesting to see if anything comes good from that.

Another clue. Head out when it's bucketing down and keep eyes peeled for natural disasters!! 

Edited by Dave Richards
added text

Image just licenced for a few cents nett. Odd details for quantity.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Start: 04-August-2021 ; End: 04-August-2026 ; Additional Details: For Editorial use in: Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, Stoke, Celtic Publications - Fifa World Cup Publications, Books & eBooks maximum of 12 - Specials maximum of 6 - Any new club publications like for business.

Very topical Alamy/wealth/fairness etc.....

placard-at-a-nhs-protest-against-missing-out-on-the-public-sector-pay-increase-and-to-honour-the-health-staff-killed-by-covid-19-at-basildon-essex-2CARERB.jpg

4 hours ago, Dave Richards said:

London, England.

That's a good pointer, thanks Michael. I'll have a good look out for American themed stuff next time I'm out. I'm sure there must be plenty in London if I look for it. Will be interesting to see if anything comes good from that.

Don't forget to use American English keywords as well. Actually those may well be more important than taking new images.

If you speak the Queen's English in the US they think you have a funny accent. 😂

Besides autocorrect and most of the spellcheckers in the world use American English spelling: colors; neighborhood etc.

wim

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Don't forget to use American English keywords as well. Actually those may well be more important than taking new images.

If you speak the Queen's English in the US they think you have a funny accent. 😂

Besides autocorrect and most of the spellcheckers in the world use American English spelling: colors; neighborhood etc.

wim

Good point Wim

10 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

On the West Coast I was sometimes taken for an educated East Coast visitor.😀

"Where the Cabots talk only to God".

Edited by spacecadet

6 hours ago, Stan Pritchard said:

Organ pipes ( detail ) . All Saints Church , Orton , Cumbria , England , United Kingdom, Europe . 

organ-pipes-detail-all-saints-church-orton-cumbria-england-u-k-europe-AH6HKH.jpg

Usage: Website, Websites, Apps, soziale Medien und Blogs (keine Werbung). Weltweit für 5 Jahre.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 03 August 2021
End: 03 August 2026

Snap! Same details:

E450WF.jpg

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Like 1

This sold yesterday for full price US PU, $$, then was immediately refunded. I guess the buyer decided to go to the store in person.
 G3PHGW.jpg
This one of Hairy Crabgrass sold today for barely $$. A piece of my lawn before I hired a lawn care company.

P9G78J.jpg

Last, this was zoomed with two more 2 days ago. Sold for higher $$.

PDHTBE.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

wim

Thanks Wim.

I do try to include American spellings, e.g. harbor, theater, etc. but I guess a trawl through my images to see what I may have missed would be worthwhile.

I'd be happy with a sale every other day, but I'm afraid it won't last. Decent start to the month though...

August 2 -- Netted less than one dollar

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media

Boats line the harbor of the colorful, touristic Italian city of Portovenere, along the Ligurian Coast of the Italian Riviera. Stock Photo

August 4 -- mid $$

Usage: Website, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

View from the sea of the Monaco Aquarium Oceanographic Museum of marine sciences in Monaco-Ville, Monaco. Stock Photo

• Love 1

Low to mid $$

Usage: Editorial, Editorial Newspaper Use (Print or Digital with in-context online and social media rights in perpetuity)
Media: Newspaper - national
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: Any size
Start: 04 August 2021
End: 04 August 2026

White Tesla Model S car parked on a street in Fremantle Western Australia.

white-tesla-model-s-car-parked-on-a-street-in-fremantle-western-australia-2B19M5T.jpg

• Like 1

This one popped in today.

The Bath house Lincoln Castle October 2020

the-bath-house-lincoln-castle-october-2020-2DF93AC.jpg

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.

Low $$

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

On 02/08/2021 at 11:17, spacecadet said:

That's just plain abusive. I'd complain for a cent.

On 02/08/2021 at 14:51, Phil Crean said:

This kind of refund/resale needs to be nipped in the bud.... Please complain strongly.

The original sale was under old contract so should still be credited at 50%

Phil

On 03/08/2021 at 11:45, aphperspective said:

So would I its not the amount but the principle if nothing else it sends a message to Alamy plus it also probhably makes them use up their measly commision gain in administration replying to your emails. 

Tried, no joy. Just reported a news use in April that was never invoiced and I have another 10 to let them know about next week - all should have been reported before the commission change. Alamy have made a lot of money out of the work that I have done over the past few years finding and reporting uses of my photos that I assume they would otherwise never know about.

• Like 2

2A1JE2G - PU $$

2A1JE2G.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
130 MB
5504 x 8256 pixels 
4 MB compressed

Carol

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

A few cents for unlimited duration. Not good for my wellbeing.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Start: 05-August-2021 ; Duration: Unlimited ; Additional Details: personneltoday.com and Occupational Health & Wellbeing publication

jeremy-hunt-mp-arriving-at-house-of-commons-for-their-last-day-of-debates-before-parliament-is-dissolved-in-preparation-for-the-2019-general-election-2A84N7N.jpg

Presentation, for full price, $$

B0CAEP.jpg

Same details as above, $$, probably bought together since they are the same subject. This month is off to a great start for me. Very unusual.

G2JM1B.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 3

A woman looks at hundreds of supportive notes, pictures, flags and anti racist messages on the giant  Manchester United player  Marcus Rashford mural in Withington, Manchester, England, United Kingdom, that was vandalised  with abusive graffiti after England's Euro2020 football loss on July 11th, 2021. The mural was created by French-born street artist Akse P19 on the wall of the Coffee House Cafe on Copson Street. Marcus Rashford is a Manchester United football player. Akse fully repaired the damaged mural by 13th July, 2021. Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media  Media: Website, app and social media Start: 05 August 2021 End: 05 August 2022. $ only but all sales welcome.

2G7P76X.jpg

Monument to Robert Southey (detail). Parish church of St.Kentigern, Crosthwaite, Keswick. Lake District National Park, Cumbria. 

monument-to-robert-southey-detail-parish-church-of-stkentigern-crosthwaite-A43H8X.jpg

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 05 August 2021
Duration: In perpetuity