Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Steve F said:

 

I just tested. Right click works in Firefox (which I normally use), not in Chrome.

 

Typical, i always use Safari but downloaded Chrome to test that so assumed it was my mac, either way i now know for the future going by my size port will probably forget by next year lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Steve F said:

 

I just tested. Right click works in Firefox (which I normally use), not in Chrome.

All I get on right-click in FF is this

Screenshot-2021-04-23-Stock-Photo-White-

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

In Safari right-click works in the image manager with the image enlarged. Then I can copy the image address and "insert image from URL".

 

Paulette

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

All I get on right-click in FF is this

 

Did you press shift at the same time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Did you press shift at the same time?

😮thanks for that, never come across it before, and I thought I was pretty good on my legacy ctrl-shift-windows and stuff. Great time-saver.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
clevedon-somerset-uk-1st-jan-2019-a-bracing-dip-in-the-marine-lake-clevedon-is-a-popular-way-of-seeing-in-the-new-year-the-water-temperature-was-a-chill-6-degrees-c-wet-suits-were-optional-credit-mr-standfastalamy-live-news-RA3AHA.jpg
 

 

 

 

 

A news picture gets a second outing. The marine lake in Clevedon New years Day swim.

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, Any editorial use, print or digital use, any size, single placement only, cover or inside. Excludes advertorial and advertising use. In context archive rights included in perpetuity.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 22 April 2021
End: 22 April 2026

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYCat said:

In Safari right-click works in the image manager with the image enlarged. Then I can copy the image address and "insert image from URL".

 

Paulette

Exactly how I do it, Paulette. I probably followed your instructions back when I was asking how-to! 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2021 at 18:08, gvallee said:

I am chuffed!! 7 sales dropped in on the 1st for an Australian newspaper. $$

 

All bar 1 are from Arnhem Land, a vast remote and rugged Aboriginal wilderness in Northern Territory, notoriously difficult to get permits to visit and camp. One usually has to book for months in advance. Then it's hundred of kms of very rough roads with heavy corrugation, not all vehicles can make it.

 

Thing is, we were there during the first Covid lockdown when State borders were closed. Northern Territory is not the most touristic place at the best of time, but there were next to zero tourists. Even Kakadu National Park was free. So it was very easy for us to get the permits and go to two separate areas.

 

I'm so chuffed that I'll make an exception to the rule of one pic a day, and post a few.

 

2CCJMFM.jpg

 

2CCP20P.jpg 

 

2CN4RPB.jpg

 

2CCP2FE.jpg


excellent - good news

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

gvallee What a stroke of luck, to be able to explore Arnhemland whilst the borders were closed!  I always had the impression the region was closed to independent travellers; tour operators charge $$$$.  You certainly made the best of the opportunity.  Meanwhile visitors to Kakadu National Park are being deterred by reports of poor maintenance and arbitrary closures. (wanted to quote your original post here but the Forum structure seems too clunky).

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Philip Game said:

gvallee What a stroke of luck, to be able to explore Arnhemland whilst the borders were closed!  I always had the impression the region was closed to independent travellers; tour operators charge $$$$.  You certainly made the best of the opportunity.  Meanwhile visitors to Kakadu National Park are being deterred by reports of poor maintenance and arbitrary closures. (wanted to quote your original post here but the Forum structure seems too clunky).

 

Indeed Philip. Anyone can visit Arnhem Land if:

 

1. You have an adequate 4x4 vehicle (it's not a requirement, it's for your own benefit!). Believe me, you'll find severe corrugation, lots of it, for hundreds of kms. If you break down or get a flat tyre, there's no servo or anyone around to help. No telephone coverage either.

 

2. You apply for a series of permits: access permit, camping permits and alcohol permit. This bit is a nightmare and has normally to be done months in advance. I also applied for a drone permit.

 

Re. Kakadu, I don't blame people for hesitating going. We were at Gunlom, on the first day of re-opening after the lockdown. The ranger told us there would normally be 200 campers, we were 12. Thing is, the top of the waterfall was closed because during path maintenance work, workers deviated from its initial location and went through sacred aboriginal ground. Hence a dispute and the matter is now in court. That's Kakadu number 1 attraction, a real jewel, closed at the top. So we swam in the waterfall pool at the bottom. Next day, they sighted a croc there and closed the access totally. They tried to capture it for a number of weeks but failed. Other attractions are kilometres apart if you want to see something else but Yellow Waters Billabong which I recommend any time (especially the sunrise and/or the sunset cruise). 

 

 

 

Edited by gvallee
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

Indeed Philip. Anyone can visit Arnhem Land if:

 

1. You have an adequate 4x4 vehicle (it's not a requirement, it's for your own benefit!). Believe me, you'll find severe corrugation, lots of it, for hundreds of kms. If you break down or get a flat tyre, there's no servo or anyone around to help. No telephone coverage either.

 

2. You apply for a series of permits: access permit, camping permits and alcohol permit. This bit is a nightmare and has normally to be done months in advance. I also applied for a drone permit.

 

Re. Kakadu, I don't blame people for hesitating going. We were at Gunlom, on the first day of re-opening after the lockdown. The ranger told us there would normally be 200 campers, we were 12. Thing is, the top of the waterfall was closed because during path maintenance work, workers deviated from its initial location and went through sacred aboriginal ground. Hence a dispute and the matter is now in court. That's Kakadu number 1 attraction, a real jewel, closed at the top. So we swam in the waterfall pool at the bottom. Next day, they sighted a croc there and closed the access totally. They tried to capture it for a number of weeks but failed. Other attractions are kilometres apart if you want to see something else but Yellow Waters Billabong which I recommend any time (especially the sunrise and/or the sunset cruise). 

 

 

 

Thanks very much Genevieve, most interesting. If this pandemic thing continues much longer, I'll have to get myself a 4x4... We were in the Top End recently, but reliant on tour operators, which can be frustrating at the best of times.  It was the Gunlom shutdown which drew the attention of ABC TV's recent news feature, plus the unrest amongst aboriginal stakeholders. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philip Game said:

Thanks very much Genevieve, most interesting. If this pandemic thing continues much longer, I'll have to get myself a 4x4... We were in the Top End recently, but reliant on tour operators, which can be frustrating at the best of times.  It was the Gunlom shutdown which drew the attention of ABC TV's recent news feature, plus the unrest amongst aboriginal stakeholders. 

 

Do it anyway. Off-road travel and camping is awesome. Far from the madding crowds. We've been on the road for almost two years now and had an incredible time. We're currently in FNQ and guess what, they 're having a late Wet! Raging waterfalls and torrential rain! Plenty of time to catch up on Alamy edits.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jansos said:

Never Forget Stephen Lawrence and a fabulous portrait of Baroness Doreen Lawrence. Newspaper <$10

Never Forget Stephen Lawrence electronic billboard in Wandsworth, southwest London, UK Stock Photo

 

Good picture but a great ad!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Adriana said:

Another sale this month, I hope  it continues like this :) 

 

PU, $$.

 

PX07CD.jpg

 

Surreal comes to mind for me. It looks like her shadow is upside-down. The shadow of the photographer, I assume. Unless she is a ghost.

 

Paulette

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

High $ for presentation, newsletter, PowerPoint, etc.  First sale since February.   Was looking at a light tent on B&H today since most of what I'm  selling are still lifes. 

 

nicaraguan-basket-holding-pillows-RREDXG

 

It's also my first weekend sale. 

  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of the older images I uploaded just 2 1/2 weeks ago from 2009. Lower $$. But a quick sale. Also sold today, Sunday.

Lit up sign advising of bus schedules to and from Mt. Desert Island, Acadia National Park, Maine, USA.

 

2F7DNED.jpg

 

 

Edited by Betty LaRue
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Sunday sale for us too! Personal use (again). The  Wisteria in our garden several years ago.

 

japanese-wisteria-CW0W0H.jpg

Edited by Thyrsis
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.