Images sold in April 2021

9 hours ago, Philip Game said:

gvallee What a stroke of luck, to be able to explore Arnhemland whilst the borders were closed!  I always had the impression the region was closed to independent travellers; tour operators charge $$$$.  You certainly made the best of the opportunity.  Meanwhile visitors to Kakadu National Park are being deterred by reports of poor maintenance and arbitrary closures. (wanted to quote your original post here but the Forum structure seems too clunky).

Indeed Philip. Anyone can visit Arnhem Land if:

1. You have an adequate 4x4 vehicle (it's not a requirement, it's for your own benefit!). Believe me, you'll find severe corrugation, lots of it, for hundreds of kms. If you break down or get a flat tyre, there's no servo or anyone around to help. No telephone coverage either.

2. You apply for a series of permits: access permit, camping permits and alcohol permit. This bit is a nightmare and has normally to be done months in advance. I also applied for a drone permit.

Re. Kakadu, I don't blame people for hesitating going. We were at Gunlom, on the first day of re-opening after the lockdown. The ranger told us there would normally be 200 campers, we were 12. Thing is, the top of the waterfall was closed because during path maintenance work, workers deviated from its initial location and went through sacred aboriginal ground. Hence a dispute and the matter is now in court. That's Kakadu number 1 attraction, a real jewel, closed at the top. So we swam in the waterfall pool at the bottom. Next day, they sighted a croc there and closed the access totally. They tried to capture it for a number of weeks but failed. Other attractions are kilometres apart if you want to see something else but Yellow Waters Billabong which I recommend any time (especially the sunrise and/or the sunset cruise). 

Edited by gvallee

22 hours ago, gvallee said:

Indeed Philip. Anyone can visit Arnhem Land if:

1. You have an adequate 4x4 vehicle (it's not a requirement, it's for your own benefit!). Believe me, you'll find severe corrugation, lots of it, for hundreds of kms. If you break down or get a flat tyre, there's no servo or anyone around to help. No telephone coverage either.

2. You apply for a series of permits: access permit, camping permits and alcohol permit. This bit is a nightmare and has normally to be done months in advance. I also applied for a drone permit.

Re. Kakadu, I don't blame people for hesitating going. We were at Gunlom, on the first day of re-opening after the lockdown. The ranger told us there would normally be 200 campers, we were 12. Thing is, the top of the waterfall was closed because during path maintenance work, workers deviated from its initial location and went through sacred aboriginal ground. Hence a dispute and the matter is now in court. That's Kakadu number 1 attraction, a real jewel, closed at the top. So we swam in the waterfall pool at the bottom. Next day, they sighted a croc there and closed the access totally. They tried to capture it for a number of weeks but failed. Other attractions are kilometres apart if you want to see something else but Yellow Waters Billabong which I recommend any time (especially the sunrise and/or the sunset cruise). 

Thanks very much Genevieve, most interesting. If this pandemic thing continues much longer, I'll have to get myself a 4x4... We were in the Top End recently, but reliant on tour operators, which can be frustrating at the best of times.  It was the Gunlom shutdown which drew the attention of ABC TV's recent news feature, plus the unrest amongst aboriginal stakeholders. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Philip Game said:

Thanks very much Genevieve, most interesting. If this pandemic thing continues much longer, I'll have to get myself a 4x4... We were in the Top End recently, but reliant on tour operators, which can be frustrating at the best of times.  It was the Gunlom shutdown which drew the attention of ABC TV's recent news feature, plus the unrest amongst aboriginal stakeholders. 

Do it anyway. Off-road travel and camping is awesome. Far from the madding crowds. We've been on the road for almost two years now and had an incredible time. We're currently in FNQ and guess what, they 're having a late Wet! Raging waterfalls and torrential rain! Plenty of time to catch up on Alamy edits.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Adriana said:

Another sale this month, I hope  it continues like this :) 

PU, $$.

PX07CD.jpg

Surreal comes to mind for me. It looks like her shadow is upside-down. The shadow of the photographer, I assume. Unless she is a ghost.

Paulette

• Love 1

High $ for presentation, newsletter, PowerPoint, etc.  First sale since February.   Was looking at a light tent on B&H today since most of what I'm  selling are still lifes. 

nicaraguan-basket-holding-pillows-RREDXG

It's also my first weekend sale. 

• Love 1

This is one of the older images I uploaded just 2 1/2 weeks ago from 2009. Lower $$. But a quick sale. Also sold today, Sunday.

Lit up sign advising of bus schedules to and from Mt. Desert Island, Acadia National Park, Maine, USA.

2F7DNED.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue

I remember a few months ago someone on the forum asking if defocused images were ok to upload and if they sell...

Well this one just sold, albeit not for much.

Royalty-free

Usage: Editorial, Upday Monthly Allowance - 400 images - Upday personalised news app exclusive to Samsung
Media: Website, app and social media
46 MB
4896 x 3264 pixels 
582KB compressed
Start: 25 April 2021
End: 25 April 2026

If you already had sales with Upday, you know the price.

defocused-marquee-with-lights-in-the-eve

• Love 1

family-group-portrait-around-1920-cogan-

My dad between his dad's knees at back of terraced housing in Agnes Street, Cogan where they lived. c 1920

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Education
Start: 06 April 2021
Duration: Unlimited

Unfortunately, I had this down as non-exclusive when it is actually exclusive. And no Alamy would not change that. Though funnily enough will do so when the reverse happens. It's only few quid but....

$ 50.87
Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 4

First $$$ (just over) sale of the year:

Single flower stem of the cottage garden perennial lady's mantle, Alchemilla mollis, on a white background Stock Photo

Lady's mantle, Alchemilla mollis, on a white background - one of my lockdown studio shots.

Country: Ireland ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Museum display (single use) ;  Print run: Single use only ;  Start: 26-April-2021 ; End: 26-April-2031 ;

Additional Details: For the life of the panels; Outdoor interpretation panels - single use

• Love 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, geogphotos said:

family-group-portrait-around-1920-cogan-

My dad between his dad's knees at back of terraced housing in Agnes Street, Cogan where they lived. c 1920

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Education
Start: 06 April 2021
Duration: Unlimited

Unfortunately, I had this down as non-exclusive when it is actually exclusive. And no Alamy would not change that. Though funnily enough will do so when the reverse happens. It's only few quid but....

$ 50.87

Great photo!! I have a question. . .  I have some cool old family photos but wasn't sure about the legalities of uploading, since I don't hold the copyright/wasn't the photographer. I've looked up info online but it gets very confusing. Can you help me understand guidelines or direct me to a link, if you have the time? Thanks!

On 16/04/2021 at 23:57, gvallee said:

Sadly Marianne, see the Bad News thread 😭😭

Looks like you did a creditable job from the FB post! Disheartening when the weather isn't perfect, but looks pretty amazing nonetheless!

• Love 1

On 24/04/2021 at 19:38, Adriana said:

Another sale this month, I hope  it continues like this :) 

PU, $$.

PX07CD.jpg

On 25/04/2021 at 07:48, NYCat said:

Surreal comes to mind for me. It looks like her shadow is upside-down. The shadow of the photographer, I assume. Unless she is a ghost.

Paulette

Indeed that shadow is awesome!

• Love 1