Images sold in April 2021

8 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

It's not rubbish, I didn't say it's rubbish.

I know, only kidding.

If an image I take is technically OK (as per Alamy rules) then I will submit it and let the buyers decide if it's worth purchasing.

John.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I know, only kidding.

If an image I take is technically OK (as per Alamy rules) then I will submit it and let the buyers decide if it's worth purchasing.

John.

I'm the same - I upload anything and everything, such as this stock pic recently...  It will probably never sell, but who knows? 2FA062N

stacks-of-old-and-used-car-tyres-2FA062N.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I'm the same - I upload anything and everything, such as this stock pic recently...  It will probably never sell, but who knows? 2FA062N

This thread is so inspiring. I used to get sales literally for anything in 2013-14 which no one could have even imagined.. but it seems alamy can sell anything even in 2021. Gonna search my hard disk for old stuffs :D

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

That's right. If you don't buy a ticket you won't win the lottery!

John.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Saurabh said:

This thread is so inspiring. I used to get sales literally for anything in 2013-14 which no one could have even imagined.. but it seems alamy can sell anything even in 2021. Gonna search my hard disk for old stuffs :D

As I said, if it's technically correct, let the buyers decide if it's worth purchasing.

I've had some surprising sales from images that I thought would be difficult to sell.

Upload your old images and sit back and await all those sales!😉😄

John.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, Saurabh said:

Inspired by old tyres. I like your style;)

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I can see this selling for sure.  It could illustrate environmental issues. Even articles about mosquitoes spreading disease because they love to breed in water that collects in old discard tyres.  

• Love 1

A nice low $$$ just arrived.

Usage: Editorial ;  

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  

Print run: up to 50,000 ;  

Placement: Inside ;  Start: 28-April-2021 ; End: 28-April-2026

the-monopteros-with-tourists-in-englisch

• Love 4
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I can see this selling for sure.  It could illustrate environmental issues. Even articles about mosquitoes spreading disease because they love to breed in water that collects in old discard tyres.  

Fab!  Hope you're right... 👍

$$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Marketing Package Use.  Internal and external marketing communications. Excludes advertising. Repeat use within the terms of the license. ;  Industry Sector: Construction & Property ;  Start: 28-April-2021 ; End: 28-April-2023

eastbury-manor-tudor-mansion-house-in-barking-essex-england-seen-from-CPY8F3.jpg

NT property. Taken from the street, naturally, officer.;)

A propos another thread about old images- including this one, in the last year I've had licences of images from every single Alamy reference letter I've ever submitted up to the end of 2019, from C up to 2A.

Edited by spacecadet

I’ve been mining old images recently and have had a sale and zooms on them. It pays to look at what you have from past years.  I found some that didn’t withstand upsizing back then are perfectly fine at native resolution, or downsizing. Who would have known that a rule back then would change.

• Love 2

Same here Betty! One of my cicada photos recently sold.  They were 17 years old and I just uploaded them.  I have not seen it show up in my sales yet but Google Alerts sent me an email with a link to the use.  I have Google Alerts set to send me an email whenever it finds "Michael Ventura Alamy" together.  It misses a lot of uses but once in a while it find uses that I may not have known about. 

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/4815696?hl=en

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Low $$. Direct so at least I get 50%! Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial presentation, single design ;  Industry Sector: Non Profit - other ;  Start: 28-April-2021 ; End: 28-April-2026

HDRJYY.jpg

Phil

• Love 4

On 26/04/2021 at 16:38, Gina Kelly said:

Great photo!! I have a question. . .  I have some cool old family photos but wasn't sure about the legalities of uploading, since I don't hold the copyright/wasn't the photographer. I've looked up info online but it gets very confusing. Can you help me understand guidelines or direct me to a link, if you have the time? Thanks!

The photo was taken by my great grandfather who died in 1940. This print ended up with my Dad and then passed on to me. I must admit that I haven't actually asked all the other descendants of those in the photo/ my great grandfather but am confident that I am okay in terms of copyright.

I suppose it depends on your family. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 2

Mid $$

Two Australian cyclists riding their bikes in a natural park along Danube River, between Mauthausen and Grein, Austria

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 19 April 2021
End: 19 April 2031

two-australian-cyclists-riding-their-bikes-in-a-natural-park-along-E0J42A.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1