Images sold in April 2021

19 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

This is one of the older images I uploaded just 2 1/2 weeks ago from 2009. Lower $$. But a quick sale. Also sold today, Sunday.

Lit up sign advising of bus schedules to and from Mt. Desert Island, Acadia National Park, Maine, USA.

2F7DNED.jpg

I see today this is a PU. One that pays less than I have always gotten before. This was searched over the weekend by the search term “island explorer” and immediately purchased. Why do I think this isn’t a legitimate PU? Maybe I just have a suspicious mind. 

On 25/04/2021 at 06:48, NYCat said:

Surreal comes to mind for me. It looks like her shadow is upside-down. The shadow of the photographer, I assume. Unless she is a ghost.

Paulette

My thoughts too :)

Bottle of Talisker Skye single malt Scotch whisky. 

bottle-of-talisker-skye-single-malt-scotch-whisky-2BDWW8N.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 05 March 2021
End: 06 March 2021
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

Distributor, low $$. Country: Brazil ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 5,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-March-2021 ; End: 01-March-2026 ;

Additional Details: Brazil, Book, print and/or e-book; Bulk discount, flat rate

E7EBR9.jpg

Phil

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Distributor, low $$. Country: Brazil ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 5,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-March-2021 ; End: 01-March-2026 ;

Additional Details: Brazil, Book, print and/or e-book; Bulk discount, flat rate

E7EBR9.jpg

Phil

I've taxed vehicles in worse condition than that 🤣

22 hours ago, Gina Kelly said:

Great photo!! I have a question. . .  I have some cool old family photos but wasn't sure about the legalities of uploading, since I don't hold the copyright/wasn't the photographer. I've looked up info online but it gets very confusing. Can you help me understand guidelines or direct me to a link, if you have the time? Thanks!

Copyright is property like anything else and can be inherited, so if you inherited the photographs you can fairly assume you own the copyright as well. It might be something to discuss with other family members, but I don't think it's necessary unless they're particularly valuable.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Copyright is property like anything else and can be inherited, so if you inherited the photographs you can fairly assume you own the copyright as well. It might be something to discuss with other family members, but I don't think it's necessary unless they're particularly valuable.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Gina Kelly said:

Thanks!

You may want to ask any people still around, who are in the photos, if they have any problems with you uploading them to Alamy.  After all, they would be the only ones to possibly give you trouble.  I have some old family photos on Alamy fron the early 1900s.  My living family members are fine with it.  They are marked as having no releases.

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

You may want to ask any people still around, who are in the photos, if they have any problems with you uploading them to Alamy.  After all, they would be the only ones to possibly give you trouble.  I have some old family photos on Alamy fron the early 1900s.  My living family members are fine with it.  They are marked as having no releases.

It may be a courtesy but Gina asked about copyright- merely being in a photograph doesn't give you any rights over it.

Not the most exciting of images, and not surprisingly never sold before!

Just below mid $$.

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 26 April 2021
End: 26 April 2026

John.

Car park at Festival Park retail park Stoke-on-Trent Stoke North Staffs Staffordshire The Potteries West Midlands England, UK

car-park-at-festival-park-retail-park-stoke-on-trent-stoke-north-staffs-C712GG.jpg

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Stokie said:

Not the most exciting of images, and not surprisingly never sold before!

Just below mid $$.

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 26 April 2021
End: 26 April 2026

John.

Car park at Festival Park retail park Stoke-on-Trent Stoke North Staffs Staffordshire The Potteries West Midlands England, UK

car-park-at-festival-park-retail-park-stoke-on-trent-stoke-north-staffs-C712GG.jpg

I love it because it shows that absolutely anything can sell on Alamy! 👍

• Thanks 1

view-of-storm-canyon-from-cleveland-national-forest-san-diego-county-DHTFHC.jpg

Third sale this month, this time for mid $$ Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

View of Storm Canyon and Laguna Mountains, California. At this point I have about half as many sales as in 2020 but twice the revenue. Of course, 2020 was a terrible year for both, but still good to see my chart going in the right direction. 

12 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I have a few but in a casual setup. That's me in the two reds and the white.  I took three, my deceased husband took those I’m in.

HW050K.jpg

• Love 1

McCrackens Rest viewpoint of Great Southern Ocean driving to Invercargill, New Zealand South Island

mccrackens-rest-viewpoint-sign-and-dista

Only $,  but kinda nice to see travel pic sold in these times of pandemic lockdowns

• Love 5

11 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I love it because it shows that absolutely anything can sell on Alamy! 👍

Yes, any old rubbish can sell on Alamy! 😁

• Love 1