Images sold in April 2021

This sale today takes me over my best monthly record ever in terms of number of sales.

Some of my recent sales seems to be very old ones, this one has been available on Alamy for 9 years.

Book to the UK - $$ (not a Presentation, yeah!!!!!)

EP1KGX.jpg

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I was afraid April was going to be a big goose egg for me, but finally a sale dropped in. Low $$. The Hungry Tree at King's Inn Park in Dublin.

68 MB
3986 x 5979 pixels 
5 MB compressed
Editorial , Book, print and/or e-book, Print run: up to 50,000, Placement: Inside ,Duration: 5 years, Country: Any size

TYT6X3.jpg

• Love 4

1 minute ago, Jay D said:

Just received my 2nd sale, could someone please explain how to share the image with you on here ( sorry i'm sure this has been asked many times ). 

Separate a browser tab, go to the image's Alamy sales page (the one with the price panel), click on the image, drag and drop it in the message window. it's easier if you have twin monitors.

If you're happy with a smaller image, just zoom it up in Image Manager, then right-click on it, "copy image link" and paste into the message.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Jay D said:

Just received my 2nd sale, could someone please explain how to share the image with you on here ( sorry i'm sure this has been asked many times ). 

Hi Jason, congrats! You can drag the photo into a post from another browser window it's open in. But it will tend to look distorted when viewed on different size screens.

Best way is find your photo on Alamy. Click on the thumbnail so you're on the Alamy page selling that particular photo. Click on the photo so it expands to fill the page. Then, holding down shift on your keyboard, right click on the photo and select 'copy image link'. Go back to the Forum post you want to put the picture in. Click on the 'insert image from URL' button at the bottom of our post. Right click in the box that appears and paste the link. Done!

Steve

• Love 1

Low $$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 March 2021
End: 01 March 2026
Spain, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

romanesque-facade-of-la-seu-durgell-cath

• Love 1

Jeez what a faff...Anyway, my 2nd sale woohoo...Low $$ which impressive as i couldn't remember the location ;)

Usage: Personal use, Persönliche Ausdrucke, Karten und Geschenke oder Referenz für Künstler. Nur nicht kommerzielle Verwendung, nicht zum Weiterverkauf bestimmt.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use

dramatic-weather-with-black-clouds-above

• Love 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Separate a browser tab, go to the image's Alamy sales page (the one with the price panel), click on the image, drag and drop it in the message window. it's easier if you have twin monitors.

If you're happy with a smaller image, just zoom it up in Image Manager, then right-click on it, "copy image link" and paste into the message.

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Hi Jason, congrats! You can drag the photo into a post from another browser window it's open in. But it will tend to look distorted when viewed on different size screens.

Best way is find your photo on Alamy. Click on the thumbnail so you're on the Alamy page selling that particular photo. Click on the photo so it expands to fill the page. Then, holding down shift on your keyboard, right click on the photo and select 'copy image link'. Go back to the Forum post you want to put the picture in. Click on the 'insert image from URL' button at the bottom of our post. Right click in the box that appears and paste the link. Done!

Steve

Thank you both, think i'm bugged...no right-click menu appears when over the image but finally found a work around...

Really appreciate your help, nice to be able to join in...onwards n upwards ;) 

• Love 1

Click on the thumbnail so you're on the Alamy page selling that particular photo..........right click on the photo and select 'copy image link'.

Right-click is disabled on the sales page. That's why you have to drag and drop, as I said.

3 minutes ago, Jay D said:

no right-click menu appears

See above.

But it will tend to look distorted when viewed on different size screens.

Double-click on the image and tick "preserve aspect ratio".

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Right-click is disabled on the sales page. That's why you have to drag and drop, as I said.

See above.

I just tested. Right click works in Firefox (which I normally use), not in Chrome.

Just now, spacecadet said:

See above.

Yeh dragging and dropping directly wouldn't work and when right clicking no menu would appear but i found by dragging the expanded image into a blank menu bar the URL would pop up which i could then copy and paste. It worked so i'm chuffed, thank you :) 

I don't usually follow this thread but today I have absolutely loved looking at everyone's ingenuity and contributions. Such an inspiring lots of peeps you are!

Low $ but sold last month for a decent whack!

Hampton Court Palace, England, UK Stock Photo

Much better $$$ - best $ so far this month! 🙂 

Goldman Sachs' Plumtree Court European headquarters building on Stonecutter Street, City of London, UK Stock Photo

Decent $$ - Tilbury is well worth a visit IMHO, lots to take pics of!

The exterior facade of the Odeon Covent Garden, London, UK Stock Photo

Another decent $$!

An Empire Windrush commemorative flag and plaque at the London Cruise Terminal at Tilbury Docks, Tilbury, Essex, Stock Photo

Happy with this one too good $$

Signage outside the London Stock Exchange coat of arms - My Word is My Bond (Dictum Meum Pactum), outside the LSE on Paternoster Row, London, EC4, UK Stock Photo

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Steve F said:

I just tested. Right click works in Firefox (which I normally use), not in Chrome.

Typical, i always use Safari but downloaded Chrome to test that so assumed it was my mac, either way i now know for the future going by my size port will probably forget by next year lol

15 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Did you press shift at the same time?

😮thanks for that, never come across it before, and I thought I was pretty good on my legacy ctrl-shift-windows and stuff. Great time-saver.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1

clevedon-somerset-uk-1st-jan-2019-a-bracing-dip-in-the-marine-lake-clevedon-is-a-popular-way-of-seeing-in-the-new-year-the-water-temperature-was-a-chill-6-degrees-c-wet-suits-were-optional-credit-mr-standfastalamy-live-news-RA3AHA.jpg

A news picture gets a second outing. The marine lake in Clevedon New years Day swim.

Usage: Editorial, Any editorial use, print or digital use, any size, single placement only, cover or inside. Excludes advertorial and advertising use. In context archive rights included in perpetuity.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 22 April 2021
End: 22 April 2026

• Love 2

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

In Safari right-click works in the image manager with the image enlarged. Then I can copy the image address and "insert image from URL".

Paulette

Exactly how I do it, Paulette. I probably followed your instructions back when I was asking how-to! 😊

On 01/04/2021 at 18:08, gvallee said:

I am chuffed!! 7 sales dropped in on the 1st for an Australian newspaper. $$

All bar 1 are from Arnhem Land, a vast remote and rugged Aboriginal wilderness in Northern Territory, notoriously difficult to get permits to visit and camp. One usually has to book for months in advance. Then it's hundred of kms of very rough roads with heavy corrugation, not all vehicles can make it.

Thing is, we were there during the first Covid lockdown when State borders were closed. Northern Territory is not the most touristic place at the best of time, but there were next to zero tourists. Even Kakadu National Park was free. So it was very easy for us to get the permits and go to two separate areas.

I'm so chuffed that I'll make an exception to the rule of one pic a day, and post a few.

2CCJMFM.jpg

2CCP20P.jpg 

2CN4RPB.jpg

2CCP2FE.jpg

excellent - good news

• Love 2

gvallee What a stroke of luck, to be able to explore Arnhemland whilst the borders were closed!  I always had the impression the region was closed to independent travellers; tour operators charge $$$$.  You certainly made the best of the opportunity.  Meanwhile visitors to Kakadu National Park are being deterred by reports of poor maintenance and arbitrary closures. (wanted to quote your original post here but the Forum structure seems too clunky).

• Love 1
  • Like 1