Images sold in April 2021

Small $, but a positive feeling to press 'go' and see a sale already.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 01-April-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity ; Additional Details: For Editorial for use online www.theconversation.com

leigh-road-leigh-on-sea-essex-uk-10th-aug-2020-the-southend-branch-of-extinction-rebellion-held-a-protest-outside-the-iveagh-hall-constituency-office-of-david-amess-conservative-mp-for-southend-west-the-climate-change-protesters-held-a-banner-stating-tell-the-truth-in-relation-to-the-uks-target-of-reaching-net-zero-emissions-by-2050-which-they-believe-is-too-late-noaa-have-forecast-a-blue-ocean-event-of-melting-arctic-ice-2CB3XA6.jpg

• Love 2

I got one of the newspaper sales the same as Gen (first post in this thread). Smallish $$. First licence of this image.

Usage: NewspaperEditorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 01 April 2021
End: 01 April 2022

fighting-kangaroos-in-the-sculpture-garden-at-mistletoe-wines-pokolbin-DYC4WK.jpg

• Love 5

24 minutes ago, cbimages said:

I got one of the newspaper sales the same as Gen (first post in this thread). Smallish $$. First licence of this image.

Usage: NewspaperEditorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 01 April 2021
End: 01 April 2022

fighting-kangaroos-in-the-sculpture-garden-at-mistletoe-wines-pokolbin-DYC4WK.jpg

Very happy for you Carol, I love the statues. Per coincidence, I am about to upload the real thing, two roos fighting at dawn, exactly in that position. Watch this space!

• Love 2

Do you try to capture the cherry blossoms in spring, Michael? I did them once for stock and twice on assignment. None worked out well. Lots of rain and wind that blew the blossoms to hell. 🤪🤨

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Do you try to capture the cherry blossoms in spring, Michael? I did them once for stock and twice on assignment. None worked out well. Lots of rain and wind that blew the blossoms to hell. 🤪🤨

I've given up.  Last time I photographed them was on film.  It is too crowed, even at sunrise, and no place to park.  Getting too feeble to walk with gear at least a half mile.  Also just so many good photos already exist.  I do admire good photos taken of them but its just not my thing anymore.  Was just listening to the news and they are at peak blossom right now but we are expecting below freezing temps tonight so that could make them brown but it will be a sunny weekend.  The park police said if it gets too crowded, they will close off the Tidal Basin to tourists, due to Covid.  

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yeah and unpredictable as well. Still a great subject that gave me a couple of perennial sellers. Just not this year it seems.

As for that great boardwalk image of Michael (which makes me quite jealous): A word is worth a thousand ....😁  OK maybe not, but pretty important it is.

wim

7 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Yeah and unpredictable as well. Still a great subject that gave me a couple of perennial sellers. Just not this year it seems.

As for that great boardwalk image of Michael (which makes me quite jealous): A word is worth a thousand ....😁  OK maybe not, but pretty important it is.

wim

Thanks Wim!

Sale on Good Friday, wasn't expecting this, especially after the last couple months... middish $$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ; Media: Editorial website ; Industry Sector: Education ; Start: 02-April-2021 ; End: 02-April-2026 ;
Additional Details: Single use, Any size, 5 year

person-entering-wardrobe-sculpture-in-cs-lewis-square-in-east-belfast-2B88AHY.jpg

• Love 2

Trying to figure out the best time for New England autumn foliage is also a nightmare. I researched for months trying to decide when to plan a motor home trip there for peak foliage.
Well...it depends on when the first frost is. Which can be different times in different areas and can cover several weeks. It depends on if strong windstorms come in...forget it, the leaves blow off the trees. If a killing freeze comes early, everything (mostly) turns brown.

All I got online were suggestions. So we left Oklahoma the last week of September and were gone for three weeks, 3-4 days of that coming home.

We hit it pretty much perfectly and it was glorious. Rambled through Connecticut, New Jersey, New Hampshire, upper New York, Vermont and Maine.  I might have left something out. Lake Placid, Green mountains, White Mountains, waterfalls, all lovely.  We covered upper New York and Maine, and followed the peak turning of the leaves zig-zagging downwards.  
I raved about it to my sister and she and her husband went the next year. The night after their plane landed, a huge storm swept through New England and blew 3/4 the leaves off.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Trying to figure out the best time for New England autumn foliage is also a nightmare. I researched for months trying to decide when to plan a motor home trip there for peak foliage.
Well...it depends on when the first frost is. Which can be different times in different areas and can cover several weeks. It depends on if strong windstorms come in...forget it, the leaves blow off the trees. If a killing freeze comes early, everything (mostly) turns brown.

All I got online were suggestions. So we left Oklahoma the last week of September and were gone for three weeks, 3-4 days of that coming home.

We hit it pretty much perfectly and it was glorious. Rambled through Connecticut, New Jersey, New Hampshire, upper New York, Vermont and Maine.  I might have left something out. Lake Placid, Green mountains, White Mountains, waterfalls, all lovely.  We covered upper New York and Maine, and followed the peak turning of the leaves zig-zagging downwards.  
I raved about it to my sister and she and her husband went the next year. The night after their plane landed, a huge storm swept through New England and blew 3/4 the leaves off.

one advantage with Autumn leaves is that it covers a big area, so you can start Northern of Montreal, and head south if past peak.  Same as cherry blossom in Japan (well South to North there).  But yeah, one big storm and it can go...

Edited by meanderingemu

I have a photo of a car with Vermont plates in my portfolio -- dedicated tree peepers in northern Virginia.  Most distant plate I ever saw.  Some people do follow the peak for days and maybe weeks.  Here, no autumn, and this year no really dry season so far.  One of my orchids is into a second flush, not one of the gaudier ones unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

one advantage with Autumn leaves is that it covers a big area, so you can start Northern of Montreal, and head south if past peak.  Same as cherry blossom in Japan (well South to North there).  But yeah, one big storm and it can go...

Japanese cherry and plum blossoms can start coming out as early as late February in Vancouver. We have a number of different types of trees that flower at different times, so the season can actually last several weeks. Many trees have been late this year due to cool temps and are only reaching full bloom now. Lovely and fun to photograph but not great sellers I've found. I believe that I have only one cherry blossom image that has licensed, a closeup of a small cluster of blossoms.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, wiskerke said:

wim

I forgot I had these on Alamy and have sold in the past.  Took these when my daughter was in middle school and part of the choir and they got to participate in the Cherry Blossom Festival parade in DC. The trees were not in bloom at the time of this parade. 

Washington DC The National Cherry Blossom festival and parade on Constitution Avenue Stock Photo  

Washington DC The National Cherry Blossom festival and parade on Constitution Avenue flags Stock Photo

Washington DC The National Cherry Blossom festival and parade on Constitution Avenue Stock Photo

• Love 3

12 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Japanese cherry and plum blossoms can start coming out as early as late February in Vancouver. We have a number of different types of trees that flower at different times, so the season can actually last several weeks. Many trees have been late this year due to cool temps and are only reaching full bloom now. Lovely and fun to photograph but not great sellers I've found. I believe that I have only one cherry blossom image that has licensed, a closeup of a small cluster of blossoms.

I’ve sold only 9 blooming trees of one kind or another in all of this time. If I count the ones that have birds or bees in them, then a lot more. I have very few blooming trees in my portfolio, though, none of cherry blossoms. But I have many more licenses of blooming shrubs and vines.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’ve sold only 9 blooming trees of one kind or another in all of this time. If I count the ones that have birds or bees in them, then a lot more. I have very few blooming trees in my portfolio, though, none of cherry blossoms. But I have many more licenses of blooming shrubs and vines.

Not sure that I've ever licensed a blooming tree. Shrubs and vines definitely do better. I have one flowering vine image (taken in my backyard) that licenses regularly. Much to my surprise, it sold four times in February to the same UK magazine publisher and has already been zoomed again this month. My lucky vine...🌿

• Love 1

3 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Not sure that I've ever licensed a blooming tree. Shrubs and vines definitely do better. I have one flowering vine image (taken in my backyard) that licenses regularly. Much to my surprise, it sold four times in February to the same UK magazine publisher and has already been zoomed again this month. My lucky vine...🌿

I had one of those lucky vines in Oklahoma City. I don’t have it here. It requires quite a heavy trellis, tree or something to grow on and I can’t build one. Before I had a dead peach tree with limbs half cut off that I let the vine climb on. I got enough pictures of it, though. I found the one that sold most often was of the whole vine, over the closeups. And I noticed what competitors had on Alamy were closeups.