Images sold in April 2021

Mid-high $$

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 28 April 2021
End: 28 April 2026

rusted-iron-in-the-sculpture-of-the-comb

• Love 1

Interior , looking East . Church of Saint Mary the Virgin , Hambleton , Lancashire , England , United Kingdom , Europe . 

interior-looking-east-church-of-saint-mary-the-virgin-hambleton-lancashire-B0274N.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use

• Love 1

18 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

He might be ! 😈

editorial web use.

An edition of 'The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom' magazine , being handed out in the street in London, Stock Photo

An edition of 'The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom' magazine , being handed out in the street in London, UK.

Is Alamy real .. or, is Alamy Satan? Ohh, they're watermarks. I thought they were the titles of the pamphlet.

A second little sale slips in for the month. Dublin City Council Building. Mid $

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 March 2021
End: 01 March 2026
One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article

2A99777.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Church of Saint Mary the Virgin , Hambleton , Lancashire , England , United Kingdom , Europe.

church-of-saint-mary-the-virgin-hambleton-lancashire-england-united-B02AM7.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, Stan Pritchard said:

Church of Saint Mary the Virgin , Hambleton , Lancashire , England , United Kingdom , Europe.

church-of-saint-mary-the-virgin-hambleton-lancashire-england-united-B02AM7.jpg

Nice picture Stan

I think Alamy should contact the Church of England and advertise our church pictures for Personal Use and also for parishes to sell postcards, print etc

Lots of people might be interested in a photo of the parish church where they live or their ancestors used to live.

Maybe genealogy websites would also be worth targeting. 

I'll have to remind myself to try this for Suffolk churches!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Nice picture Stan

I think Alamy should contact the Church of England and advertise our church pictures for Personal Use and also for parishes to sell postcards, print etc

Lots of people might be interested in a photo of the parish church where they live or their ancestors used to live.

Maybe genealogy websites would also be worth targeting. 

I'll have to remind myself to try this for Suffolk churches!

Thanks for the comments. As you might have noticed, I sold two images of this church this week, both for personal use, I would guess by someone who has a connection with the church in question. I have several hundred images of churches and am sorry to say that they very rarely sell but I still enjoy taking them, which for me is the object of the exercise.

A few years ago I took a holiday in Suffolk and had a great time photographing the churches there, which were so different to the ones in my local area.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EFG03W/shark-valley-everglades-visitors-observation-tower-everglades-national-EFG03W.jpg

Shark Valley Tower in the Everglades.

Worldwide iQ sale - Corporate client - Editorial website. Lower mid $$ (or higher low $$), but 5 different ones, so I'm not complaining.

wim

• Love 3

Just now, Michael Ventura said:

Had one just like Wim's above.  Nothing sharp about this photo but it has sold many times, including a Nat Geo use one of their magazines.   I'm lucky it passed QC!

usa-louisiana-la-cajun-country-breaux-bridge-atchafalaya-swamp-near-B1CH45.jpg

Haha! Nothing sharp means shouts emotion!

Great image!

(one more Ben's Chili Bowl among mine)

wim

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Haha! Nothing sharp means shouts emotion!

Great image!

(one more Ben's Chili Bowl among mine)

wim

Thanks Wim!  That was a memorable evening in Henderson, Louisiana...in the middle of Cajun Country.  Shot for a newspaper travel section and they ran this photo as the lead photo really big!

Ben's Chili Bowl is always worth shooting pics when possible.  Very iconic DC food spot.

This is a PU. Why do I think it’s not a PU? Because I take the Oklahoma City online newspaper, and recently read how they were closing this place for a year for massive renovations. I imagine this was sold to a news outlet.

It’s possible the city could have bought it for historical means, a print hanging in the gift shop after renovations, but I’m not sure if that would still be commercial. You are charged a fee to get in.

The Crystal Bridge located in the Myriad Botanical Gardens in downtown Oklahoma City, USA, at Reno and Robinson.

Inside the Crystal Bridge, you’ll find tropical plants from all over the world.

E17ETE.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thanks Wim!  That was a memorable evening in Henderson, Louisiana...in the middle of Cajun Country.  Shot for a newspaper travel section and they ran this photo as the lead photo really big!

Ben's Chili Bowl is always worth shooting pics when possible.  Very iconic DC food spot.

It turns out the Whiskey River Landing is easy to find on Google Maps. Lots of images many of which blurred 😁

Sadly Google says: permanently closed.

We went into the Bayou somewhere around there too, but I haven't been able to locate the exact spot yet, so the images will have to wait for that. Maybe ask my wife. Next time I want a camera with built in GPS.

Aha didn't need to: Big Brother Google knows exactly where I have been. It was on the other side of Breaux Bridge ten miles from The Whiskey Landing to the West. So we missed the whiskey because we shot right past it on the elevated Hwy. The very funny route that day brings it all back: lots of car trouble. With outside temperatures topping 100°F the AC died on us. Never knew September could be that hot down there. We went through 4 rental cars in 4 weeks. (Alarm going off now and then for no reason sounds not too bad, until it goes off in the middle of the night in a very quiet State Park campsite.  😠😠 🤷‍♂️ 😠😠)

Beautiful country down there! Must go back.

wim

21 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

It turns out the Whiskey River Landing is easy to find on Google Maps. Lots of images many of which blurred 😁

Sadly Google says: permanently closed.

We went into the Bayou somewhere around there too, but I haven't been able to locate the exact spot yet, so the images will have to wait for that. Maybe ask my wife. Next time I want a camera with built in GPS.

Aha didn't need to: Big Brother Google knows exactly where I have been. It was on the other side of Breaux Bridge ten miles from The Whiskey Landing to the West. So we missed the whiskey because we shot right past it on the elevated Hwy. The very funny route that day brings it all back: lots of car trouble. With outside temperatures topping 100°F the AC died on us. Never knew September could be that hot down there. We went through 4 rental cars in 4 weeks. (Alarm going off now and then for no reason sounds not too bad, until it goes off in the middle of the night in a very quiet State Park campsite.  😠😠 🤷‍♂️ 😠😠)

Beautiful country down there! Must go back.

wim

What a shame it has closed, it was packed when I was there but pandemic probably did it in.  Yes, beautiful area for sure.