1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I can see this selling for sure.  It could illustrate environmental issues. Even articles about mosquitoes spreading disease because they love to breed in water that collects in old discard tyres.  

Fab!  Hope you're right... 👍

$$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Marketing Package Use.  Internal and external marketing communications. Excludes advertising. Repeat use within the terms of the license. ;  Industry Sector: Construction & Property ;  Start: 28-April-2021 ; End: 28-April-2023

eastbury-manor-tudor-mansion-house-in-barking-essex-england-seen-from-CPY8F3.jpg

NT property. Taken from the street, naturally, officer.;)

A propos another thread about old images- including this one, in the last year I've had licences of images from every single Alamy reference letter I've ever submitted up to the end of 2019, from C up to 2A.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Haha 2

I’ve been mining old images recently and have had a sale and zooms on them. It pays to look at what you have from past years.  I found some that didn’t withstand upsizing back then are perfectly fine at native resolution, or downsizing. Who would have known that a rule back then would change.

• Like 2

Same here Betty! One of my cicada photos recently sold.  They were 17 years old and I just uploaded them.  I have not seen it show up in my sales yet but Google Alerts sent me an email with a link to the use.  I have Google Alerts set to send me an email whenever it finds "Michael Ventura Alamy" together.  It misses a lot of uses but once in a while it find uses that I may not have known about. 

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/4815696?hl=en

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Low $$. Direct so at least I get 50%! Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial presentation, single design ;  Industry Sector: Non Profit - other ;  Start: 28-April-2021 ; End: 28-April-2026

HDRJYY.jpg

Phil

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Same here Betty! One of my cicada photos recently sold.  They were 17 years old and I just uploaded them.  I have not seen it show up in my sales yet but Google Alerts sent me an email with a link to the use.  I have Google Alerts set to send me an email whenever it finds "Michael Ventura Alamy" together.  It misses a lot of uses but once in a while it find uses that I may not have known about. 

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/4815696?hl=en

Thanks Michael - I didn't know you could do that!

• Like 1
On 26/04/2021 at 16:38, Gina Kelly said:

Great photo!! I have a question. . .  I have some cool old family photos but wasn't sure about the legalities of uploading, since I don't hold the copyright/wasn't the photographer. I've looked up info online but it gets very confusing. Can you help me understand guidelines or direct me to a link, if you have the time? Thanks!

The photo was taken by my great grandfather who died in 1940. This print ended up with my Dad and then passed on to me. I must admit that I haven't actually asked all the other descendants of those in the photo/ my great grandfather but am confident that I am okay in terms of copyright.

I suppose it depends on your family. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 2

He might be ! 😈

editorial web use.

An edition of 'The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom' magazine , being handed out in the street in London, Stock Photo

An edition of 'The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom' magazine , being handed out in the street in London, UK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mid $$

Two Australian cyclists riding their bikes in a natural park along Danube River, between Mauthausen and Grein, Austria

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 19 April 2021
End: 19 April 2031

two-australian-cyclists-riding-their-bikes-in-a-natural-park-along-E0J42A.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mid-high $$

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 28 April 2021
End: 28 April 2026

rusted-iron-in-the-sculpture-of-the-comb

• Like 1

Interior , looking East . Church of Saint Mary the Virgin , Hambleton , Lancashire , England , United Kingdom , Europe . 

interior-looking-east-church-of-saint-mary-the-virgin-hambleton-lancashire-B0274N.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 28 April 2021
End: 28 April 2026

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Nick Hatton said:

Chalk Hill Blue butterfly, just dropped in $95 so very happy.

CChalkhill Blue butterfly, came in this morning $95

Beautiful!

Paulette

18 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

He might be ! 😈

editorial web use.

An edition of 'The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom' magazine , being handed out in the street in London, Stock Photo

An edition of 'The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom' magazine , being handed out in the street in London, UK.

Is Alamy real .. or, is Alamy Satan? Ohh, they're watermarks. I thought they were the titles of the pamphlet.

24 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Is Alamy real .. or, is Alamy Satan? Ohh, they're watermarks. I thought they were the titles of the pamphlet.

I sometimes think Satan works in Alamy's pricing department !

• Haha 1

A second little sale slips in for the month. Dublin City Council Building. Mid $

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 March 2021
End: 01 March 2026
One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article

2A99777.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1