BBC report Keith Morris missing

From what I saw over the years, Keith appeared to be one of the finest local (national) photographers around and he made his work on the Alamy site a great success both in terms of monetary return via Live News and from the beautiful moments he recorded along his beloved west Wales coast. He will be greatly missed as an inspiration to us trying to eke out a living in editorial photography. RIP Keith.

• Love 1

Just to reiterate. I absolutely respect what Keith did as a photographer. To have done what he did in such a small geographical area is nothing of phenomenal in this day and age.

i guess my original post didn’t convey that.

And again, the last thing I really want to be seeing is someone we all know losing their life. It is extremely tragic and beyond sadness when someone is taken before their time.

• Like 9

Keith Morris is gone? How shocking, it is hard to take this news in. He was a cornerstone of live news and his succinct, incisive comments here on the forum showed a man on top of his game - as did the quality images he made day in day out. I never knew him, but I'm gutted. He was someone to look up to. Sincere condolences to his family and friends. 

On 05/10/2019 at 16:54, aphperspective said:

Great tragedy it was his "thanks Alamy for paying for my house" that made me choose Alamy. Crying shame he was an inspiration to somebody starting out in stock.

Same story here. his article convinced me to join Alamy. Sad news. 

1 hour ago, Colin Woods said:

That really wasn't my intention at all Julian. It was just that Keith's idea of taking photos in and not of struck me so forcefully at the time that I could remember almost word for word the post in which it appeared. Looking at it now I should not have mentioned your name, but it really was not to compare your photos (which I really like by the way) to his. Apologies to Julian and to the 8 red arrows - grow up.

Colin. Thanks! Apology accepted and no offense has been taken.

I think it is sad that you kind enough to give the reply you did and you get your own red arrow just for being courteous.

Right now I am in Vietnam doing something similar to Keith. I am staying in Hoi An for two weeks (long story why), learning Vietnamese and photographing local people’s portraits. My geographical area is extremely limited but what I have done is made many connections by making new friends. I am trading English lessons for help in learning Vietnamese. The language is helping me get images most others wouldn’t.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, geogphotos said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49950422

A touching tribute to Keith

I would only hope that when my time comes, I would be valued 1/10th as much as Keith.

A very thoughtful, meaningful tribute. He left a huge hole in his community.

I hope his family reads all of our thoughts and knows how much he was respected.

betty

• Like 1

legendary-welsh-photographer-keith-morriKeith was a legend, I'd known him for years, he even built/hosted my web site, we'd had our disagreements over the years but always respected each others work and achievements. It was a mark of the man when he credited me in his Alamy blog of 2017 for recommending Alamy to him as a natural outlet for his work. I'm totally devastated by this sad loss and my heart goes out to Keith's family. This picture shows him working at Brecon Jazz Festival 2010. RIP Keith you will missed by many.

Edited by Angler
photo added
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

Sad news indeed, condolences to Keith's family and friends. Earlier on in this thread someone mentioned an old forum friend David Kilpatrick; there's a nice tribute to Keith on David's Facebook page.