BBC report Keith Morris missing

Arrived back from the north of the UK on Thursday night and only discovered this tragedy yesterday. I am still shell-shocked. I'm sort of an Alamy oldie and have always taken note of his very good advice and comments over the years. For those who are familiar with his words and philosophy it would be a nice tribute to move forward with these in mind to help make us all better Stock photographers.

My sincere condolences to his family and close ones.  

• Love 3

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:28, Alamy said:

We've published a short blog post in tribute to Keith. Comments are open if you wanted to add your thoughts.

https://www.alamy.com/blog/our-friend-and-talented-photographer-keith-morris

Alamy

Good for Alamy,  I did not know Keith, but had a few Whiskey infused communications with him via the Alamy Forum.

I salute Keith and may his images live on.

Chuck Nacke

• Love 1
  • Like 2

On 08/10/2019 at 17:28, Alamy said:

We've published a short blog post in tribute to Keith. Comments are open if you wanted to add your thoughts.

https://www.alamy.com/blog/our-friend-and-talented-photographer-keith-morris

Alamy

Only just seen this via the blog after trying to find the discussion page, for a catch up, but found this.

This is really shocking news, my condolences to Keith and his family and friends, I don't know the circumstances, but obviously Keith was a master at stock and live photography with Alamy and was an inspiration to anyone who wanted to do get into stock & live photography. To do what he did for  Alamy and photography in a small town in West Wales is incredible. RIP Keith

• Love 2

A charming last trip. I'm glad to see Keith continuing the tradition of the VW Camper being the choice of transport for so many photographers. The baywindow version seems to have been highjacked a bit by the surfing community but I can live with that. I've had two which have served me well for fifty years. I've just had the later one tidied up and it looks good for many years yet.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

A charming last trip. I'm glad to see Keith continuing the tradition of the VW Camper being the choice of transport for so many photographers. The baywindow version seems to have been highjacked a bit by the surfing community but I can live with that. I've had two which have served me well for fifty years. I've just had the later one tidied up and it looks good for many years yet.

You will be OK when the new electric one hits the streets.

Allan

• 5 weeks later...

I somehow missed this tragic news. Very sad to read. As a new Alamy photographer, I was inspired by his success and greatly cheered by his commitment to shoot local. I think of him often when shooting my own beach on stormy days. A terrible reminder that the sea can be beautiful but deadly, even to those most familiar with its whims. Very sad. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NYCat said:

Seeing a report on another sale of a photo by Keith I looked to see if there is any new information. No new news but a nice tribute here... https://photoarchivenews.com/news/photographer-keith-morris-dies-aged-61-his-pictures-published-in-the-national-papers-nearly-every-week/

Paulette

What a nice tribute, and a smashing photo of him capturing his love of life and photography. I’m sad all over again.

Betty

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, David Pimborough said:

Regardless of the validity or seriousness of the allegations I can't but help to find it all very tragic. Sincere sympathies for his family, his kids.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rob C said:

For Gods sake, what’s the point in posting that.

If you mean the report of the inquest, many of us here were concerned about the circumstances. We contained our speculations at the time out of respect.

As some others no doubt did I thought he might have got caught out by one of his storms. This is even more tragic.

Anyway it's public information. Just google his name. I for one am grateful to David. At least we know. What there is to know anyway.

If you're referring to my post, well, just a thought. Call it black humour if you like. If it's unwelcome, ignore it. If it offends you I'll remove it and you can remove yours.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 8
  • Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, Rob C said:

For God’s sake, what’s the point in posting that?

I thought the same at first as he was so well respected, and admired, but then we are all consumers of news and our time here is spent trying to produce news (even if it's stock), so as unpalatable as it may be... it's news.

• Love 2