Slow start to the year?

January has been pretty good so far with 11 sales and two of those are +$$$.  On the assignment front, however, I am off to a slow start.  Looking at past Januarys, I was much busier.  I do have a new assistant working with me and she has been great so far, lots of energy and eager to learn photography!  She even went to my old high school...of course only the name and location are the same.  They rebuilt the school and I am very certain she had no teachers that I had.

• Love 2

15 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

That $250 target is looking a long way away at the moment. 

It's  $250 gross from last 1 July to this 30th June, Alamy's Revenue Year, clause 12 in our contract.

Meanwhile, I have two sales this year: total net: $2.49.

Edited by Cryptoprocta
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

It's  $250 gross from last 1 July to this 30th June, Alamy's Revenue Year, clause 12 in our contract.

Meanwhile, I have two sales total net: $2.49.

I stand corrected. The substantive point about slow sales so far this year is valid though, for me at least.

9 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Meanwhile, I have two sales total net: $2.49.

Just summed my gross sales column, well in to retain 40% during last year. So far gross sales varied from $1.67 to $99. Hopefully sales will remain a viable mix of high and low value, though would prefer not to have the low ones, but can't see that changing. So far January is slow.

One zoom. ---------------------- No sales. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Early days.

Allan

One zoom out of 23 photos in my new portfolio.  They looked; they zoomed (but they also zoomed on five others which were probably whole Leicas).  The shot is one I've rather liked for a while, camera intimate details.  I don't think it was ever zoomed in my first three or so years with Alamy, certainly never sold.

• Love 2

No sales yet but CTR is above 1.00 so potential for various sales from various locations. Trying to start the year with a positive outlook. Grant funds landed in my account today from a business incubator program i completed in December, so that is a nice way to start the year, but there's much work to be done to meet the goals I've set for 2022.