Gone for awhile...maybe

Not sure if this is even a topic for these forums. Alamy will remove it, if needed. 

I will be leaving next mid-week for a 16-hour drive to Tennessee. Just me and Echo, my parrot. Stop one night on the way.  Boy, do I dread fighting the semi trucks (16 wheelers) on I-40. (Lorries, to you) My daughter-in-law is dying of stage 4 metastatic breast cancer and she and my son need my support and help.

Maybe I’ll have a chance to check in to the forum, maybe not. I’m only telling you because I didn’t want you to wonder where I’d gone to. After all, I probably will soon become part of the worn out forum furniture. 😊 I have no idea how long I’ll be gone, weeks, possibly, but my grandson and family will be house-sitting for me during his interim from Mexico mission work.

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to check in on my trusty iPad once in awhile.

It’s not been a good couple of years. Meanwhile, I’ll be here for a few more days.

Betty

• Love 1

❤️ Thank you. It’ll be one of the most difficult of times. My son is beside himself, and his wife needs a woman’s touch. She is a sweet woman, and nursing doesn’t come naturally to my son. I have a medical instinct. Always have had.

Betty

Hi Betty (Friend),

As I said in my email to you. Take care on your drive. Echo will be nice company for you. You are a lovely caring person.

I know you are going through a lot of "Not very good times" just now. Just concentrate on the driving.

Allan (Friend)

My heart goes out to you.  My wife I had a similar experience 5 years ago with our daughter.  You will be appreciated and will make a huge difference.  Be strong.