Gone for awhile...maybe

4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

It’s over as of yesterday.  I’ll probably go home in about one week. Very sad. I’m doing what I can to help everyone.

Tennessee is a beautiful place. Maybe I can get some shots of the great Smokey mountains on my way back. Not that there isn’t a million images already on Alamy. I need to look at them and see if I can do a few shots differently. If not, they’ll make wall art.

Betty

So sorry to catch up with this news, Betty. Glad that you can think of the beauties of nature in the midst of your sadness.

2 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

So sorry to catch up with this news, Betty. Glad that you can think of the beauties of nature in the midst of your sadness.

Thank you all. And yes, for what it’s worth, which is a lot to me, nature is my greatest healer. All my prayers are said outdoors, rain, snow or shine. 

I will be home on the 25th. Both of my daughters will be coming for the services and one will drive back with me. We will spell each other driving. It’s a 16 hour trip but will take longer because I may shoot a few pictures.

You guys and gals are the best.

Betty

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I will be home on the 25th. Both of my daughters will be coming for the services and one will drive back with me. We will spell each other driving. It’s a 16 hour trip but will take longer because I may shoot a few pictures.

You guys and gals are the best.

Betty

Can't you split that up into 2 days? There must be a Motel 6 or something. Shame to miss the opportunity. I remember doing 536 miles in one day once, Newport Beach to Tahoe, and it was a mistake. I did get to see Mt. Whitney though.

I can't add anything to what has already been said above but am in total agreement with the sentiments.

Hope you get home safe.

Allan

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Can't you split that up into 2 days? There must be a Motel 6 or something. Shame to miss the opportunity. I remember doing 536 miles in one day once, Newport Beach to Tahoe, and it was a mistake. I did get to see Mt. Whitney though.

Actually, yes. I spent two days coming and will do that going.  I stayed at a mid-range Days Inn and it was very clean. 

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

You are the best mom I'm sure. I hope you will be getting lots of hugs.

Paulette

I have gotten lots of hugs. And sooo many people have said they were so glad I was here for the family. I knew my son would need me and he has. I’ve been through this minefield recently and have insights. But mostly, it’s emotional support.

And I appreciate you all and your support.

I’m back home as of noon today. Sure feels good. Echo is happy to be in her large cage again, too. Drove in a lot of rain today, but the trip was uneventful otherwise.

My son went back to work today. He’s been off for a couple of months caring for his wife, but his employer has paid him full wages for the whole time instead of full pay for two weeks, then 60% the rest of the time. That’s a wonderful boss. 

BTW, I took back roads on the way home and didn’t have to fight hundreds of semi trucks (lorries). Wonderfully peaceful.

Thank you all for your compassion. It meant a lot.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue
Add text
  • Love 4