For the last seven years my sales have steadily increased and achieved a record quantity for 2021. In 2022 the projection from the first six months indicated that my upward trend would continue but coinciding with system changes thereafter, and the dramatic drop in views, sales have fallen also and finished the year equal to previous years record. Income I'm afraid has fallen far short and doesn't even deserve comment.

☹️ 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Sales up 52%, gross revenue up 12%, gross revenue per sale down 27%. A good year but drop in gross revenue per sale takes the shine off it a bit. Above sounds good expressed as % but in reality they are small numbers, I'm not a player really. Average gross per sale $12.69. With a small and very narrow portfolio, and the fact that wildlife is very popular with contributors I'm lucky to get anything published. Happy with my lot.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Best year ever for sales and revenue. I'm still pushing my uploads hard as I'm seeing positive results. Net revenue is higher, despite the commission change, but I'm having to sell a lot more images because the average price has dropped.

2022.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 2

For me it was 88 sales for $1,576 gross, $602 net, from a portfolio of about 5,000 images.

A disappointing year. Last year I had 117 sales for $2,864 gross, $1184 net.

My net has fallen by almost 50% due to tumbling licence fees at Alamy and cut in our commission.

On a per image/year basis (in UK pence).

• My Alamy portfolio generated about 10p net per image / year.
  • My 500 image micro-stock portfolio "experiment" generated 20p net / image / year
  • My 500 image POD collection generated 30p net / image / year

It funds my hobby, but nothing more.

Mark

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Sales up 10%

Income down 33%

Average image sale $11

Down from $18 last year

Images added in 2022 very few.

Need to do more to improve number of sales but sadly have no confidence for increase of sales value. 

• Thanks 1

My charts. New contributors need to know that when I started in 2009 we got 60%, then it got dropped to 50%, so that 'they' could establish a sales office in the US, then dropped to 40% 'just because they could', so as the above Revenue chart is gross, the real picture is much, much worse. Rising sales, steeply falling income.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p4q5nj74y99edf/Sales chart end of 2022.jpg?dl=0

(Could someone please remind me how to inset a jpg directly to a post? TIA)

Edited by Cryptoprocta
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

My charts. New contributors need to know that when I started in 2009 we got 60%, then it got dropped to 50%, so that 'they' could establish a sales office in the US, then dropped to 40% 'just because they could', so as the above Revenue chart is gross, the real picture is much, much worse. Rising sales, steeply falling income.

Falling revenue and reduced commission share is why I went non-ex in 2012.

I think that the negative impact is shown in 2013-14 downturn in figures on my graphs ( possibly). 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Thanks 1

I'm with those who are reporting a good year. 2022 was better than the last two years in all respects - greater number of sales, higher overall revenue, higher average fee. And this is despite a horrible period mid-year after the Great Website Change when I had nothing but a small handful of $ sales for 3 months.

Alan

• Like 2

My sales volume was up on the previous 2 years ( no surprise there ), but for less uploads. Revenue kept pace just about with the sales, Average price per sale $28.30  Zooms dissapeared over the last few months virtually.  However, reading through the above leaves me feeling quite positive, and definitely going to upload more this year as last year I was sidetracked. 

• Like 1

2022 gave me my highest sales volume EVER on Alamy.

BUT only my third highest gross sales value.

My highest gross sales value was achieved in 2016.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

On 01/01/2023 at 13:34, Ed Rooney said:

183 sales in 2022, my most ever. You all know about the lowered prices, smaller cut %, and our reduced income.

Take note that vertical images earn more than horizontals because they are often sold for books and magazine rather than websites.

Edo

Gee, I got 5 'thank yous' for my tip on verticals. So I'll add to that: this morning, I went over all my verticals to make sure I had 'copy space' as a tag in all those with that space. It took me over an hour but I think it's worth it. 

Happy . . . what is it? Christmas, New Year, or Easter?

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

My journey so far.

2018  -  Joined in June, no sales, 560 images by end of year.

2019  -  4158 views, 41 zooms, 12 sales, $419 gross (ave. $34.91), 1175 images by end of year.

2020  -  4622 views, 34 zooms, 24 sales, $799 gross (ave. $33.29), 1872 images by end of year.

2021  -  6760 views, 47 zooms, 31 sales, $489 gross (ave. $15.77), 2400 images by end of year.

2022  -  9151 views, 82 zooms, 35 sales, $447 gross (ave. $12.77), 3065 images by end of year.

Another year of progress, especially in views and zooms, and sales were up again. The only down side is the money, the gross average way down on Alamy's stated figure.

And of the 82 zooms I got this year only 6 turned into sales, so it seems a zoom is not quite the (almost) sure thing it used to be.

But I'm here now, well nuanced in the dark arts of captions and tags, and I've got a payment due this month, so I think I'll hang around a bit longer. The money isn't great but it's money I wouldn't otherwise have had. And who knows, who knows . . . .

• Like 2

Highest number of sales ever with 172 which is an increase of 42. Lowest gross revenue since 2015. Add to that the commission rates, and, over-moderation of the forum means the current Alamy/PA experience is no longer a happy one. Hope you all had a good holiday period. Slange Var

Edited by Sultanpepa
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Total of 796 sales with a gross income of $13,649 for the year. 

Last years' figures were 737 and $17,589.

Not reached the heady heights of 2016 when I had 868 sales for $27,798 gross. Those ships have sailed. 😒

Interesting to divide this year into two parts, pre and post Alamy changes in July

First 6 months of 2022: Views: 164,431; Zooms 1087, Sales 393

Second 6 months:  Views: 116,310;  zooms 1006;  sales: 403

So significant reduction in views (-30%) , but no significant change in zooms (-8%)  and sales (+2.5%).

Not in NU or Distribution apart from USA and Japan. 

All the best to you all for 2023

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Sales keep increasing year on year, from 445 in 2021 to 549 in 2022, my best results to date.  I've also generated more income (for Alamy), with 2021's $6907 gross increasing to $7294 gross in 2022.  My nett, alas, has decreased by $141 to $2879 in 2022. 

802 zooms, 82824 views for a CTR of 0.97 isn't too bad but numbers have dropped a little in the last couple of months.

Overall, not a bad year but, like many on here, there's the feeling of paddling furiously just to stay still!  Happy New Year to all.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

27 sales for $2306, but that is mainly due to one $$$$ license. Number of sales are about the same as the last 3 years, and revenue would have been half of the last 3 years, if it wasn't for the $$$$ sale.

Sales dropped significantly for me after the re-rank/change in July. I am worried about 2023, but happy to see that many of you have good results for 2022.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2