2022 was just short of last year's record number of sales but nearly the worst year for revenue since I started.  

sales/average gross

2020  -  194 / $51

2021  -  254 / $42

2022  -  243 / $33

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

When the re-rank and all the other changes happened mid year I thought the year was going to be grim. In the second half year my views and zooms did indeed crash and were down 60% but I was surprised that sales kept coming but at a slower rate. For me prices were much better in the second half year with very few tiddlers and a steady number of $$$ so my second half had reduced sales but better revenue. Following 12 consecutive years of growth 2022 ended slightly down but still my second best year ever. Sales were down by just 7 sales and revenue by around $400. Given the turbulence caused mid year, and that Alamy now has over 300 million images for clients to pick from I can live with that. Lets hope my views and zooms pick up to get back to winning ways.

Happy new year everyone

• Like 1

After receiving a very late sale this morning I can say the following:

Total Sales:  62  The highest ever for me and not bad considering how few images I have in my port.

My gross sales were 27% higher than 2021 but my gross income (not net) was 30% lower.

Interesting fact on this year's sales, RF per sale was $59.39 average and RM per sale was $19.09!  This is just the opposite of last year.

My overall average per sale (RF & RM) was $24.95 which is close to half what it was in 2021.

The industry is certainly changing.  To compare; I sold 36 in 2020 but averaged $77 per sale, my highest gross since starting on Alamy.

Rick

• Love 2

I had 389 licenses for $7685 gross, which was my best ever for number of licenses and income.

Number of licenses was up 46% on last year (my previous highest).

Gross income was up 32%, but net income only up by 19.2%

My average license fee continued to go down a little, but I had a few nice infringement fees to balance that out a bit.

Edited by VbFolly
corrected error in numbers
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

My best year for sales. I’ve steadily increased my sales volumes over the past five years with 2021 ending on 83 sales.

2022 ended with 200 sales at an average of $11 per sale

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

Compared to last year 143/78 so 183% of last year's sale volume. However gross income is 134%. By the time you factor in the reduction from 50% to 40% contributor commission as well as what seems like an increase in distributor sales not sure if 2022's net income is actually higher than 2021's.   My avg sales price/image is at $32 this year vs $44 last year. 

Edited by antonsrkn
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Second best year for total number of sales. Gross revenue was up about 18% from 2021. That said, I made roughly the same amount (gross) in 2010 from one-third the number of sales.

Interestingly, the last three years have been fairly consistent for me:

sales / average price

2020  --  153 / $44

2021  --  151 / $35

2022  --  160 / $39

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Sales numbers are essentially meaningless for me since those micro sales to China started last year.  For example:

2020   148 sales $24 average gross

2021   281   $21

2022   394   $18

Having said that, my revenue doubled between 2020 (a particularly bad year) and 2022.

Edited by Reimar
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Best year ever for number of sales, up 35% but revenue down 17.5%.

I'm happy with that as I haven't uploaded since June 2022 due to uprooting my location and travelling. Now I've touched base and soon my possessions will be with me and uploading will recommence.

I'm very optimistic for 2023.

Edited by ReeRay

Everything was going well in 2022 until the re-rank or whatever happened. Then sales collapsed.

Result: less sales than last year, highest revenue ever but data are skewed by the recent $$$$ sale, so in reality, it's less sales, lower net income.

Overall, I'm a whisker under $90,000. So I have no chance to ever make it to the $100k Club.

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Sales up 24% to 297 but gross revenue down 8% compared to last year.

Gross revenue down 37% on best ever year which was 2017, it has fallen every year since, despite adding more images and seeing more sales.

Net income, let's not go there .....

Edited by Bryan
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2