Image sold November 2022

Three African American police officers politely talk with a mature adult woman at a street celebration in Montgomery Stock Photo

Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use onlyEditorial print + digital use.
Industry sector: Education
Start: 11 November 2022
Duration: In perpetuity

Decent $$ for this repeat seller.

Rick

• Love 1

just some signage stuff, nothing big

low $. Usage: Editorial. Media: Editorial website. Duration: In perpetuity

unicef-united-nations-childrens-fund-formerly-united-nations-international-childrens-emergency-fund-signage-at-their-new-york-offices-2HBPFWA.jpg

low to mid $$. Usage: Editorial, World, English language, editorial educational single placement digital use, rights in perpetuity as per placement.
Media: Editorial presentation, single design. Duration: In perpetuity

asian-americans-for-equality-signage-for-an-asian-american-civil-rights-social-justice-and-community-development-organization-2JJ4PPT.jpg

low $$. Usage: Personal use. Duration: In perpetuity

krispy-kreme-doughnuts-signage-on-a-wall-of-a-retail-store-2H6CRD7.jpg

• Like 1

Crime scene Do not enter tape across field entrance Fen Road Milton Cambridge

crime-scene-do-not-enter-tape-across-field-entrance-fen-road-milton-H3MFPJ.jpg

Mid $ gross.

Usage: Editorial, Kamera One: Repeat use editorially online, when accompanying a single news clip. Images can not be used separately from clip. In perpetuity
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 17 November 2022
Duration: Unlimited

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Just returned from a short break to a couple of sales

2AFDFDH.jpg

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
103 MB
7743 x 4645 pixels 
6 MB compressed
Start: 10 November 2022

low $$

2H5JE8D.jpg

Usage: Marketing package, Einmalige Verwendung in einer Marketingkampagne, weltweit (Werbung ausgeschlossen). Dieses Paket ist für eine Marketingkampagne zur Förderung eines Unternehmens gedacht.
125 MB
5504 x 7952 pixels 
4 MB compressed
Start: 16 November 2022

High $$$ very happy, fingers crossed it sticks

Carol

• Love 2
  • Like 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/TRP846/dessau-renovated-plattenbau-flats-apartment-buildings-prefabricated-with-large-concrete-panels-in-the-ddr-gdr-era-dessau-former-east-germany-TRP846.jpg

Renovated DDR/GDR era housing estate.

Worldwide Editorial, E-learning, website and social media and app, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity. Duration: Unlimited

First time sale. Low ¢¢ gross.

wim

• Love 1

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/TRP846/dessau-renovated-plattenbau-flats-apartment-buildings-prefabricated-with-large-concrete-panels-in-the-ddr-gdr-era-dessau-former-east-germany-TRP846.jpg

Renovated DDR/GDR era housing estate.

Worldwide Editorial, E-learning, website and social media and app, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity. Duration: Unlimited

First time sale. Low ¢¢ gross.

wim

Wim, This one interests me as an example and I would greatly value your thoughts.

Your opinion on straightening verticals with shots like this.

How do you decide, what is your thinking?

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Wim, This one interests me as an example and I would greatly value your thoughts.

Your opinion on straightening verticals with shots like this.

How do you decide, what is your thinking?

That's not an easy answer. This was from my RX100, but I did have a tilt/shift on my FF Sony and I used it a lot that day. So I made that decision right there in front of that building. It's only one frame after two of a non renovated block. Then there's a couple of the train station. And then there's the Bauhaus. Obviously my subject that day. That's one answer: just an image in passing to document something I may get back to the following day, but I didn't. And back home I liked the image and the subject enough to process it. And even upload it. I do normally straighten most of my images, even those taken with a shift lens. Mostly in DXO Viewpoint inside Photoshop. So it's an easy step in my workflow. And I just went back to the raw image and did straighten it. And the answer is it becomes a totally different image. Yes of course it does, but also a different story. Like showcasing what a fantastic job the architect did. Or how wonderful these houses still are and what a great job the GDR did. And they did mind you.

But I would definitely have been more careful in choosing my viewpoint if I had wanted to tell some story like that. That's how it remained a casual documentary snapshot with almost no post processing. I probably only hit auto and put a little more white in, because the white facade stayed a bit muddy otherwise.

So that's the answer to this specific image. More in general: the shift lens or the straightened image looks more neutral on the page, but in fact it isn't. Still because that's what our preconditioned eye expects I often use it.

To see a building totally undistorted and at the right scale one needs a viewpoint that is very far off. Infinity would be best. 😁 Andreas Feininger did some wonderful images to prove that.

This is not entirely true of course, because from a viewpoint near the building our eye does see that building with falling lines. Just like the camera with the 24mm (equivalent) sees it in the example above. It is actually undistorted but we call it distorted, because our brain thinks it's distorted.

Why use so called distorted images with falling lines? For me usually to bring out character in an expressionist way. Or like above to maintain a sort of casualness or a documentary feel. With the shift lens I sometimes do the same expressionist thing btw by using a 17mm, only now with straight lines:  E665TT  PK60P6

wim

this topic previously on this forum

• Love 1

Detail from an 1868 Map of the County Palatine of Lancaster, so Lancashire as it was then, From the Ordnance Survey by J. Bartholomew F.R.G.S.; this section showing Manchester to the North, including Blackley, Didsbury, Gorton, Leigh, Clifton, Denton, Ashton under Lyne (all then in Lancashire), with Cheshire to the South, including  Altrincham, Stockport, Lymm, Cheadle,  $.

2J6MEG2.jpg

• Love 2

40 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

A Saturday sale from South Korea for a magazine use for low $$.  Poe's gravesite in Baltimore, Maryland.

usa-maryland-md-baltimore-the-grave-of-p

So that's where he is... The Village seems to have many spots with signs that he lived here. They say that Grace Church inspired him to write "The bells, bells, bells, bells, bells..."

Paulette

Mid $$ sale on this one - doing quite well this month!

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 18 November 2022
Duration: Unlimited

Gateway to The Poison Garden at Alnwick Gardens, Northumberland, England

Gateway to The Poison Garden at Alnwick Gardens, Northumberland, England. Stock Photo

• Love 2

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

So that's where he is... The Village seems to have many spots with signs that he lived here. They say that Grace Church inspired him to write "The bells, bells, bells, bells, bells..."

Paulette

Yes, he got around in his short 40 years but spent time in Baltimore and died there a poor drunk.  Baltimore is very proud of him, hence the NFL football team being called The Ravens.  He also spent time in Richmond, Virginia.  There is a small brick rowhouse, in downtown Baltimore, where he once lived in the attic room, now a museum....just blocks from his grave.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Yes, he got around in his short 40 years but spent time in Baltimore and died there a poor drunk.  Baltimore is very proud of him, hence the NFL football team being called The Ravens.  He also spent time in Richmond, Virginia.  There is a small brick rowhouse, in downtown Baltimore, where he once lived in the attic room, now a museum....just blocks from his grave.

1849 to 1875…isn’t that 26 years?