Image sold November 2022

5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I am not going to argue or discuss the ins and outs of violas/pansies, just to say they were bought as violas from a garden nursery for my lady friends window box many years ago.

Maybe I planted them upside down. Or even downside up.😃

Allan

English --  spoken in all sorts of countries separated by dialect.   UK, what I call impatiens are Bouncing Betties, according to my friend, the British Nurse (Ret.). 

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I am not going to argue or discuss the ins and outs of violas/pansies, just to say they were bought as violas from a garden nursery for my lady friends window box many years ago.

Maybe I planted them upside down. Or even downside up.😃

Allan

I’d put “pansies”in as a tag to cover your bases. I imagine most buyers in the US would search pansies. Where is John Richmond when we need him? 😁

Edited by Betty LaRue

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’d put “pansies”in as a tag to cover your bases. I imagine most buyers in the US would search pansies. Where is John Richmond when we need him? 😁

Yes I will do that Betty. Where is John Richmond?

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Yes I will do that Betty. Where is John Richmond?

Allan

He said he didn't want to identify plants on this forum any more if I recall.

• Like 1

Exterior of the Women's Liberation Centre in Manchester, England, United Kingdom, in the mid 1970's. The Centre offered support in the areas of domestic and sexual violence, pregnancy testing, rape counselling and more. An old one for decent $$. I probably used a Zenith SLR as it was all I had then. Thank you to the Students Union at the University of Manchester for letting me use their darkroom to develop the Tri x. 

2BJ1CA8.jpg

• Love 2

a couple of low $$ this morning

W4F9YK

Bacton

Usage: Editorial newspaper any editorial digital use, one time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 23 November 2022
End: 23 November 2024

2D896R3

St Catherines hill

Usage: Editorial, The Customer's global based web pages and associated social media platforms.
Media: Website, app and social media
Duration: Unlimited

• Like 1

'Welcome to Cumbria', boundary sign. Killhope Cross. Killhope Head, Cumbria / Weardale boundary, England, U.K., Europe. 'Welcome to Cumbria', boundary sign. Killhope Cross. Killhope Head, Cumbria / Weardale boundary, England, U.K., Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Duration: In perpetuity Single use in online platforms, social channels and Editorial use in owned DOOH when used in an editorial context and in owned media.

Two more popped in this morning.

That makes six for November, which is good by my normal modest sales achievements.

Usage: Editorial newspaper editorial print and digital use, inside, one time use only
End: 23 November 2024

OK'ish $$

people-out-and-about-by-the-lake-in-the-landscaped-garden-at-chiswick-house-trees-showing-autumn-colour-london-england-uk-2D8Y70R.jpg

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use in publications printed by Dods Group Limited and published on associated social media channels.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Duration: Unlimited

Mid $ tiddler

the-main-entrance-to-guys-hospital-london-england-uk-2JKRF66.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Still alive (just) but up to my eyeballs in other work.  I'm a volunteer at a major UK garden - www.thegardenhouse.org.uk - where I do a lot of their photography, write and illustrate 3+ social media posts a week, write and illustrate articles and press releases for local and national papers and magazines, and am involved in other promotional work for the garden, including our forthcoming snowdrop festival in the New Year (we have a major UK collection that attracts thousands of visitors).  With that, taking and prepping images for stock, and my domestic commitments (my wife is disabled and doesn't drive) I simply don't have the time I once had.  I drop into the forum to keep current and thank anyone who's found one of my images but I have little time or energy for anything else.  Sorry.

Good to hear from you. You were always very generous with your time and knowledge here on the Forum and I see you are keeping it up with that beautiful garden. I wish I could see it in person.

Paulette

• Thanks 1

A garden visitor to a holiday cottage in the Scottish Highlands.

Usage: Commercial electronic, use in a single wbsite, app and social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.

Media: Website, app and sccial media.

Image size: Any size.

Start: 23.11.22.

Duration: In perpetuity.

$$ not high but at least it's double digits. 

pine-marten-scotland-uk-RKFXXG.jpg

Pine marten

• Love 4
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Still alive (just) but up to my eyeballs in other work.  I'm a volunteer at a major UK garden - www.thegardenhouse.org.uk - where I do a lot of their photography, write and illustrate 3+ social media posts a week, write and illustrate articles and press releases for local and national papers and magazines, and am involved in other promotional work for the garden, including our forthcoming snowdrop festival in the New Year (we have a major UK collection that attracts thousands of visitors).  With that, taking and prepping images for stock, and my domestic commitments (my wife is disabled and doesn't drive) I simply don't have the time I once had.  I drop into the forum to keep current and thank anyone who's found one of my images but I have little time or energy for anything else.  Sorry.

Hi John, Thank you for taking the valuable time to reply.

Allan

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

Good to hear from you. You were always very generous with your time and knowledge here on the Forum and I see you are keeping it up with that beautiful garden. I wish I could see it in person.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette

I've got a collection of 350+ species and varieties of snowdrops to photograph this winter as well as all the other winter scenes.  No rest for the wicked!

18 hours ago, gvallee said:

He said he didn't want to identify plants on this forum any more if I recall.

Yes, I remember that. That was about all he was getting done because we asked him too much. Poor guy. That's the way with experts, everyone goes to them for the definitive answer. I don’t blame him for backing off, but, of course, I miss his expertise.

Good to hear from you, John. I must evoke your name more often. 😏😊

Edited by Betty LaRue

11 hours ago, Stan Pritchard said:

'Welcome to Cumbria', boundary sign. Killhope Cross. Killhope Head, Cumbria / Weardale boundary, England, U.K., Europe. 'Welcome to Cumbria', boundary sign. Killhope Cross. Killhope Head, Cumbria / Weardale boundary, England, U.K., Stock Photo

I've cycled past Killhope Cross a few times in my younger days, climbing up to it you pass several false summits, it's a killer, but very satisfying when you make it to the top.  Last time I rode the route it was swarming with incredibly noisy off road motorbikes, and that rather spoiled the fun.  I guess that the road may be too heavily used to be safe to cycle these days.

• Like 1

Manchester, UK, 28th May, 2022.  A mascot gives out information. A national roadshow celebrating UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 arrives at the Football Museum in Manchester, England, UK. Supported by the BBC it offers a chance to learn new football skills. Organisers said: "Get down to Cathedral Gardens to get photos with the trophy, take part in activities, witness amazing skills demos and hear from star speakers." The roadshow will make 10 stops in the UK. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. $

2JA78K9.jpg

• Like 1