A question for ALAMY re Measures

22 minutes ago, MariaJ said:

I just checked my Alamy measures and the graph is completely flat and all my stats are 0. 😬  Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, exactly the same 

Pearl

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

Yes. It's been acting up for a while. We know from the paying for storage and loss of cleared funds issues that something major is going on with the systems so assume it's connected.

Additionally, after a period of reliability, the database hasn't yet updated and didn't a few times recently.

"When moving over to a new internal system, some older dormant "code" was mistakenly reinstated (centuries ago stats were done by monks). 

This was quickly spotted by our contributors, never really fixed and keeps creating random data in our measures. In total this affected no more than {insert number that will seem to minimise issue} contributors. "

Yes - another Flatliner here.

I wrote before -  "Alamy has a bad track record I feel in introducing features and software changes."

The glitches and fallout over the last few weeks are poor - even worse, you would have thought a simple message "We are looking into it" to at least acknowledge the problem would have been posted by now. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Dodgy backend code and slow server updates, I reckon. Generally they initiate the daily sales and transactions update at 1AM UK time (Mon-Sun) which takes around 10-15 minutes... Then the stats Mon-Fri any time between 10AM and 12:30PM. The latter will obviously take a lot more computing so if any hitches come up it will hang and result in data problems on the frontend (for contributors).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RyanU said:

Dodgy backend code and slow server updates, I reckon. Generally they initiate the daily sales and transactions update at 1AM UK time (Mon-Sun) which takes around 10-15 minutes... Then the stats Mon-Fri any time between 10AM and 12:30PM. The latter will obviously take a lot more computing so if any hitches come up it will hang and result in data problems on the frontend (for contributors).

The stats update has gone downhill a lot. Used to see the stats by 09:30 AM earlier but in the last few months its gone down to the time you have listed. I thought Technology is progressing 🙂 

Just now, meanderingemu said:

weird coding, that many have flatlined at 0 for 12 month, yet the "Average CTR last month on Alamy", is still 0.62 (same as what i remember yesterday).  Now this makes me doubt that value to be honest.  

AoA is updated and running ...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MariaJ said:

I just checked my Alamy measures and the graph is completely flat and all my stats are 0. 😬  Anyone else having this issue?

I checked measures earlier today and saw a serious problem, but was busy so only just got back to it. I see problems are widespread.  The CTR graph is flat, likely as I see my pseudonym doesn’t exist, shows ‘Top performing pseudonym none’. Not minor blips but major. I see Alamy is on to it now. I was talking to a London based photographer with one of the big agencies yesterday who wondered how we put up with Alamy. 

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1