A question for ALAMY re Measures

8 hours ago, Sally said:

Useful for other reasons though. I put all zoomed images on Copytrack, and it often turns up images that have either been copied with the watermark or used but not reported.

Which Alamy chased for you of course 

5 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

Which Alamy chased for you of course 

Unreported news uses, yes they get invoiced after the 3 or 4 month period has elapsed. Others are chased in a variety of ways. 

Yes, same problem here. Would be interesting to know what is causing such frequent interference. Must be quite a big problem given that it happens so often now. Did I hear talk of Alamy introducing a new system?

Today Measures, Your Images isn't showing sales, zooms are OK. If I set the start date back a year it shows nothing, so its not just this month. Sales show OK elsewhere. I'm sure it was OK yesterday. All these little issues don't give confidence that we aren't again heading for a major meltdown when the sticking plasters fall off. Time will tell. A new system will be very welcome.

Edited by sb photos

20 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Database hasn't updated also. News images from 14th now in a black hole.

Doesn't look good. Tonight I'll upload a few reportage and stock and see what happens before I trust more.

Here's an odd thing. If I Google 'Avpics' (without the -Alamy instruction) as I do when searching for sales some of my uploads from yesterday are returned, such as image ref 2GDPKCR, yet it doesn't show on the database. How does that work?

Die Motorradfahrer des Screaming Demons Motorradclubs kommen in Southend on  Sea, Essex, Großbritannien, an. Motorradfahrer in stereotypen schwarzen  Leder und Denim Stockfotografie - Alamy

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

Here's an odd thing. If I Google 'Avpics' (without the -Alamy instruction) as I do when searching for sales some of my uploads from yesterday are returned, such as image ref 2GDPKCR, yet it doesn't show on the database. How does that work?

Die Motorradfahrer des Screaming Demons Motorradclubs kommen in Southend on  Sea, Essex, Großbritannien, an. Motorradfahrer in stereotypen schwarzen  Leder und Denim Stockfotografie - Alamy

A Parallel Universe?

21 minutes ago, Avpics said:

can you see that image on Alamy.com?  I see it with an Alamy.de extension.    r" 

Edited by meanderingemu

6 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

can you see that image on Alamy.com?  I see it with an Alamy.de extension.    r" 

It's .de. How do they get them first? Is Alamy's server based in Germany? Perhaps they're stereotypically more efficient!

On a separate, but possibly related note - that German .de version is flawed it seems. If I type in 'imageplotter' , only 13 rather boring, bland former news images of a 2016 Tower Bridge closure show up. In total. 13. In the .com version, 28,845 images show up, all those that have either imageplotter in the credit line or in the tags, minus any pseudos I have that have neither. 

Plus not only are the translated headings abysmal (leading to inaccuracies, which makes that whole issue around misleading captions/tags regarding our worries over certain clauses in the new contract all the more relevant), but it also changes the credit line of news images contained in the caption. In those 13 rather boring former news images, it changes the credit line from 'Imageplotter News and Sports', my previous news pseudo, to 'Imageplotter and Sports'. Err. I would hate to think what it might do to other news pseudos or even contributor names, if they are contained as a credit line in former news images, as they usually are. (this is the credit line automatically added by Alamy Live News as the images are uploaded to the news feed, it automatically adds the chosen default pseudo, it's not me typing the credit line into the caption).

Please could alamy address this, why is the credit line being translated, it makes no sense whatsoever and it should be fixable. And why do only 13 images show up v 28.845 in the .com?