A question for ALAMY re Measures

5 hours ago, imageplotter said:

On a separate, but possibly related note - that German .de version is flawed it seems. If I type in 'imageplotter' , only 13 rather boring, bland former news images of a 2016 Tower Bridge closure show up. In total. 13. In the .com version, 28,845 images show up, all those that have either imageplotter in the credit line or in the tags, minus any pseudos I have that have neither. 

Plus not only are the translated headings abysmal (leading to inaccuracies, which makes that whole issue around misleading captions/tags regarding our worries over certain clauses in the new contract all the more relevant), but it also changes the credit line of news images contained in the caption. In those 13 rather boring former news images, it changes the credit line from 'Imageplotter News and Sports', my previous news pseudo, to 'Imageplotter and Sports'. Err. I would hate to think what it might do to other news pseudos or even contributor names, if they are contained as a credit line in former news images, as they usually are. (this is the credit line automatically added by Alamy Live News as the images are uploaded to the news feed, it automatically adds the chosen default pseudo, it's not me typing the credit line into the caption).

Please could alamy address this, why is the credit line being translated, it makes no sense whatsoever and it should be fixable. And why do only 13 images show up v 28.845 in the .com?

I had a look at the French site, search for "imageplotter" returns 28469 images, however the caption many times, but not always appears as " Credit: Imagetraceur/Alamy Live News".   even if found by the search.

let me know if you want me to check specific captions. 

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

I had a look at the French site, search for "imageplotter" returns 28469 images, however the caption many times, but not always appears as " Credit: Imagetraceur/Alamy Live News".   even if found by the search.

let me know if you want me to check specific captions. 

Thanks for checking! Interesting, must be a bug with the German site. Weird, as sales to German buyers do occur (and I have a fair few German travel pics also), so the images themselves are there, but just 13 come up under that pseudo.

The translation thing is funny, although I wonder...perhaps I should do more searches under 'Imagetraceur' and its German/Spanish/Italian/Chinese variations, to find unreported uses. 😁

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My Alamy measures is now accessible. However, it's showing many more views over the weekend than I would normally expect but no zooms at all. As a result my current CTR has plunged compared to what it was last week. My guess is that they have been catching up with some of the views which had not been included in previous weeks when they also had strange behaviour on measures. 

It would be nice if everything was sorted now and we can proceed with a degree of certainty from here on in.  

4 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

My Alamy measures is now accessible. However, it's showing many more views over the weekend than I would normally expect but no zooms at all. As a result my current CTR has plunged compared to what it was last week. My guess is that they have been catching up with some of the views which had not been included in previous weeks when they also had strange behaviour on measures. 

It would be nice if everything was sorted now and we can proceed with a degree of certainty from here on in.  

Joseph, re your last comment, I only wish that  would happen. I hope I’m wrong, but I suspect it’s going to be like Covid, we will have to live with it.

6 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

Seems as if it's up to the cleaners now to press the button!

Was last updated yesterday evening. Had the  cleaners unplugged something crucial to plug in their vacuum cleaner and yet again forgot to plug the kit in again. That’s been going on for years, must be standard routine now, part of Alamy procedures.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sb photos said:

Was last updated yesterday evening. Had the  cleaners unplugged something crucial to plug in their vacuum cleaner and yet again forgot to plug the kit in again. That’s been going on for years, must be standard routine now, part of Alamy procedures.

I wouldn't bank on it being updated today, hopefully tomorrow or there again whenever.....😉

Carol