A question for ALAMY re Measures

2 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

The company is probably in full crisis management mode over the rebilling debacle / fiasco / scandal (delete as you deem appropriate) so fixing Measures is likely a low priority at the moment. I can't see the rebilling issue being as limited as has been suggested, and it probably requires work from the IT crowd.

This sounds quite realistic. Cutting the licence fees the way they did was a bad idea, we should have told them!! Wait a minute...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

The company is probably in full crisis management mode over the rebilling debacle / fiasco / scandal (delete as you deem appropriate) so fixing Measures is likely a low priority at the moment. I can't see the rebilling issue being as limited as has been suggested, and it probably requires work from the IT crowd.

Most likely. Then to resolve both the billing and measures issues before the month closes is likely pushing it. Perhaps by Xmas?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ACC said:

No. The date is changing but the activity data is not. I’m guessing that with a portfolio of 10 images you dont get a lot of activity so you wouldn’t notice the discrepancy.

that's only OP's posting account (i guess it is allowed by Alamy), real portfolio is probably bigger

Edited by meanderingemu

11 minutes ago, ACC said:

No. The date is changing but the activity data is not. I’m guessing that with a portfolio of 10 images you dont get a lot of activity so you wouldn’t notice the discrepancy.

Yep, that contributor probably has the largest collection of images here outside of an agency. You haven't been around long enough to know who it is.

On 25/09/2021 at 05:52, aphperspective said:

Not had a licence since 27th last month. I'm blaming measures for hiding them. 😁

I have not had a license in all of September, either. Except the cancellation, resale for same price and smaller credit to me from the mid-June sale. My only activity. Funny that one came through measures just fine.

1 hour ago, Alexander Hog said:

Same here Just checked Last updated 22/09/2021

Just checked and guess what?   Last Updated on : 22 Sep 2021 19:49 GMT

Allan

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Radim said:
Alamy could send this reassuring message, for example,

Hi all, 

We're aware of the issue and have raised it with our IT team - we hope to have it fixed as soon as possible for you. 

Kind regards, 

Alamy

i presume they still hope. 🦄

While waiting with no updates I have 25 reportage images covering topical issues supposedly on sale but not visible to potential customers. This is crazy. Not only is this affecting our potential revenue but also Alamy’s, yet they appear not to be bothered.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sb photos said:

While waiting with no updates I have 25 reportage images covering topical issues supposedly on sale but not visible to potential customers. This is crazy. Not only is this affecting our potential revenue but also Alamy’s, yet they appear not to be bothered.

agree that's a much bigger issue. 

• Love 1

Hi All

We are currently experiencing some ongoing technical issues with Alamy Measures due to a large amount of data processing on our servers. Our IT team are working on fixing this as soon as possible but we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

In addition to this, from the 30th of Sept, there will be some technical backend changes to the site which means we're expecting the recorded zooms in measures to be reduced by about 20% - this will be across the board. We anticipate this reduction in the recording of data to be in place for no longer than 3 months, after which it will return to normal levels. This is purely a technical requirement whilst essential upgrades are implemented through the site and will not actually affect zooms or sales.

Thanks,

Alamy

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, Alamy said:

In addition to this, from the 30th of Sept, there will be some technical backend changes to the site which means we're expecting the recorded zooms in measures to be reduced by about 20% - this will be across the board. We anticipate this reduction in the recording of data to be in place for no longer than 3 months, after which it will return to normal levels. This is purely a technical requirement whilst essential upgrades are implemented through the site and will not actually affect zooms or sales.

Thanks,

Alamy

how will this affect ranking? 

• Like 1