Images sold in February 2021.

19 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thank you for the many approvals of my Broadway sale. A tip for anyone going to NYC: spend more time in the Theatre District with your camera than trying to get something worthwhile of the Brooklyn Bridge. 

Congratulations to Andy and Andy in West Cork. They both show up and get the news. Just before the first lockdown, Alamy sent me one of those notices that said I could not submit Live News snaps. At the time, I wasn't doing any news. But with the pandemic, I was shooting the kind of empty street images that should have been Live News not Stock. A lesson learned -- too late. 

Poco a poco, mates. 

Thanks Edo, I have to do that otherwise I don't eat lol.  Both Andy and myself are lucky in that our local rags pay for pics, which is rare these days.

6 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Thanks for the Congrats Edo, I tend to shoot a bit of everything with a bit of News/Weather thrown in where I think it will be relevant. The other Andy really puts in the miles and hard work with more "targeted" images. I live in the rural part of rural Ireland, basically out in the boonies so chasing after "hot news"  licences is just not financially worthwhile. 

Andy.

I'm not putting in as many miles as I did last year, but I'm still out and about pretty much every day.  I'm at an advantage now as I live a lot closer to the city, but am still only 45 mins away from my old haunts.

One of my favourite gliders to fly. Duo Discus. Personal Use. ( 124 search results for "Duo Discus" recorded over the weekend. Are PU now registered buyers?)

schempp-hirth-duo-discus-advanced-two-se

Edited by Webby
  • Love 3

My sales are going quite well this month, but mostly of rather boring subjects! Here's a couple.

Multiple editorial use, educational, US sale for high $$ (possibly the same buyer as Michael's above)

notice-at-an-industrial-site-concrete-batching-plant-explaining-site-safety-rules-about-personal-protective-equipment-uk-TW485E.jpg

Low $$ for UK newspaper, print and online

outfit-shop-or-store-out-of-town-retailer-of-fashion-clothes-uk-W21TW9.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

A Washington DC car license plate with the slogan: Taxation without representation. Stock Photo

Once in a while the question pops up about the District getting statehood

Worldwide TV usage Unlimited transmissions $$$

For and against (the statehood, not the usage 😁

It was one of the two cars in our driveway btw, but not our car. We had no car, we had bicycles. We used these two though: those were Zipcars.

wim

• Love 3

Several pending sales pop up today, two are:

$ and $$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 January 2021
End: 01 January 2026
Spain, Editorial website

couple-walking-with-his-dog-in-playa-de-

nantucket-view-from-ferry-nantucket-isla

Edited by Abiyoyo
  • Love 1

On 20/02/2021 at 04:50, Richard Baker said:

Editorial website. I love it when the holders of these media placards don't quite get the irony of me photographing it and having it published.

Yeah, at one of the antimask  protest last July, crowd leader yelled at journalist: "You guys are paid not to report on us!", to which he replied "Yes, i came here on a Sunday with a crew to not report on you". 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Yeah, at one of the antimask  protest last July, crowd leader yelled at journalist: "You guys are paid not to report on us!", to which he replied "Yes, i came here on a Sunday with a crew to not report on you". 

They're not very bright, those people. They happily launch a tirade about journalism and quote the scum media trope - then ask who I work for? And when I say I work for myself,   I'm suddenly their best friend. Anyway, as I said in my OP, I'm always happy to take the money and grab the screen.

• Like 1

It seems far too long since I've been able to post in this thread (fair enough with the size of my port and everything else that's been happening in the world) but after at least 7 or 8 months I finally can again and I must say it's given me a much needed boost mentally. This has just dropped in today for lowish $$$ IQ license in perpetuity to the US market and a self portrait to boot :)

TWG30F.jpg

• Love 2

Coronation Street stars take part in the Manchester, uk, LGBT Pride Parade on 24th August, 2019. Sally Dynevor (right), who has played Sally Metcalfe in the soap since 1986, waves a rainbow flag as her daughter, Phoebe, looks on. Country: Finland Usage: Editorial Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic Print run: up to 10,000.  $$

WB44NG.jpg

• Love 1

Another LGBT one. Participants in the annual Lesbian and Gay Pride March, London, England, United Kingdom in 1983. Marches like these, which continue to take place in many countries, lobby for equal legal rights and celebrate being open about sexuality. A banner from London Lesbian and Gay Centre is prominent. Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines. Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic.

Only $ but all sales welcome.

2BHCJNP.jpg

• Love 1