Images sold in February 2021.

Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK. 24th January, 2021. As Chippenham residents wake up to their first snow of the year, a woman and a child are pictured in a local park in Chippenham as they slide down a hill on a sledge. Credit: Lynchpics/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

$$$

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ; Media: Newspaper - national ; Print run: up to 500,000 ; Placement: Inside and online

Had this image used on front page of the Guardian. Will have to contact Alamy to check if this is the report for that front page image.

• Like 2

7 sales dropped in yesterday, it has to be my record in one day (I don't do live news).

6 were Presentations (ROW and US)...

5 were of beaches in Australia.

2 were flowers.

Here's one of each.

PRF7T4.jpg

R38R22.jpg

• Love 3

Lidl supermarket sign, Reading, Berkshire, England, GB, UK Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 31 January 2021
End: 01 February 2021

Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

$.

Old picture that needs re-processing.

I'm presuming that this is The Sun? But I can't find it there. I've done a search on the site going back to the dates given + used various reverse image searches. Of course it's going to throw up a lot of false returns given the logo prominence. Has anyone seen it?

Edited by losdemas

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Lidl supermarket sign, Reading, Berkshire, England, GB, UK Stock Photo

Start: 31 January 2021
End: 01 February 2021

Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

$.

Old picture that needs re-processing.

I'm presuming that this is The Sun? But I can't find it there. I've done a search on the site going back to the dates given + used various reverse image searches. Of course it's going to throw up a lot of false returns given the logo prominence. Has anyone seen it?

The small fee......

....I guess that's a 'lidl' sale !

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 15 January 2021
End: 15 January 2026
One use in a single editorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom

RM Alamy Exclusive upper $

peter-egan-speaking-at-the-london-march-against-trophy-hunting-and-extinction-rally-at-richmond-terrace-opposite-downing-street-london-uk-T5FR4N.jpg

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 January 2021
End: 10 January 2026
One use in a single editorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom

RM Alamy Exclusive upper $

london-uk-7th-march-2020-the-13th-annual-million-women-rise-march-through-central-london-marching-against-male-violence-to-women-and-girls-starting-at-the-duke-streetoxford-street-junction-and-finishing-at-trafalgar-square-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2B6DMY2.jpg

Both images used in the Guardian on-line during January 2021 at newspaper scheme pricing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PAL Media said:

I’m sure quoting the bigger numbers is fine, it’s the tiddlers that some people object too.

Anyway well done, now you need to find some more protests! 😁

Things aren't the same now that we have a new president, but I'm sure chaos will come. I'm really glad I participated in and captured protests from the last four years. They were incredibly emotional. But yes, I need to get out and take more pictures. Thanks

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Things aren't the same now that we have a new president, but I'm sure chaos will come. I'm really glad I participated in and captured protests from the last four years. They were incredibly emotional. But yes, I need to get out and take more pictures. Thanks

You see?  News is where it’s at. 👍

Just now, Colblimp said:

You see?  News is where it’s at. 👍

It's increasingly obvious which photos sell. Four sales of one photo. Six zooms and a sale on another photo. It tells me you don't have to have a huge portfolio, you just have to follow and photograph key news events, and it helps to photograph groups who traditionally get less representation. And the other photos that get traction have to do with travel. Fortunately, these sectors fit my interests as well. 👍

• Love 1
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

It tells me you don't have to have a huge portfolio, you just have to follow and photograph key news events 👍

That's it in a nutshell.  Of my 37 sales this month, all but 2 are news.

• Love 1

Editorial sale, low $ but everything helps... and perhaps we'll actually get some games later this year?

Glamis, Scotland - Jun 11, 2017: A tug of war contest during the Strathmore Highland Games event at Glamis Castle Stock Photo

Start: 14 January 2021
End: 15 January 2021

2 hours ago, PAL Media said:

It could be The Times, as they report the same.

Thanks. I have seen The Times reported using these figures, even though real world circulation seems to suggest that only The Sun, Mail and Metro might ever fit into the category these days. But I haven't seen it mentioned by Bryan, who seems to cover The Times pretty darned thoroughly, which is why I presumed that it wouldn't be there.

Still no luck searching, so I will presume that it is The Times and hidden by their paywall. Thanks again. 

31 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Thanks. I have seen The Times reported using these figures, even though real world circulation seems to suggest that only The Sun, Mail and Metro might ever fit into the category these days. But I haven't seen it mentioned by Bryan, who seems to cover The Times pretty darned thoroughly, which is why I presumed that it wouldn't be there.

Still no luck searching, so I will presume that it is The Times and hidden by their paywall. Thanks again. 

I can’t see it in The Times over the dates mentioned

• Thanks 1

london-uk-22nd-february-2021-a-school-te

Usage: Editorial, feweek.co.uk schoolsweek.co.uk & FE Week/School Week publications
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 25 February 2021
End: 25 February 2026

low ££ live news sale

Edited by BradleyPhoto

I've had a nice end of month surge, four images came in within the last four days, three today which is a new record for me.

The Storm Christoph image that was used twice (The Sun and The Times by the looks of it) has already been reported in the have you found thread.

Prestolee, Bolton, England, UK. 20th Jan 2021. Consistent rainfall from Storm Christoph over the last 24 hours has led to the level of the River Irwell rising significantly. Sandbags are laid out on the banks of the Irwell at Riverside drive, a very flood prone part of the village. A flood warning has now been issued for the River Irwell at Prestolee and Ringley bridges. The village of Prestolee experienced flooding in 2015 and 2020 when the Irwell burst its banks. Credit: Callum Fraser/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

I've also sold a photo of Wemyss Bay railway station, I'm presuming they picked mine as it was from 2010 and I believe the colour scheme has now changed slightly and a fresh lick given. This was one of those that sat unused on my hard drive for nearly a decade before I decided to revitalise it and upload it. I almost didn't because the lens used at the time (Sigma 10-20) has very soft corners and I didn't think I would pass QC. It pays to chance your arm sometimes.

Wemyss Bay railway Station showing the ornate design of the station canopy as it was in 2010. Wemyss is pronounced like "whims". Scotland, UK Stock Photo

The stats for this are:

Start: 17 January 2021
End: 18 January 2021

If anyone has a national from those dates and saw this I'd appreciate knowing where to look. I don't think I've ever got into print before but those dates and the print run suggests it was a physical copy. Sadly the fee is pretty low to be in print.  Good month though!

Edited by Cal
  • Love 3
  • Like 1