Images sold in February 2021.

Its been a slow month for me but had 3 mid $$  pop in this morning

the stone heads of ahu tongariki easter island Stock Photo

easter island

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 2 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 18 February 2021
End: 18 February 2023

interior of canterbury cathedral kent Stock Photo

canterbury cathedral

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
End: 18 February 2026

bents old fort, a large hiistoric adobe fort and trading post  in colorado Stock Photo

bents old fort

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.

• Love 2

46 minutes ago, Kat said:

I had exactly the same happen a couple of days ago, an image of a pack of prescription sleeping tablets was sold and then immediately refunded. Wasn't the first time this happened. I think someone must have been very sleep deprived and desperate. 😑

Yes, Kat, I've had the same thing happen several times, usually with a rapid claim for a refund, but on one occasion when a similar thing occurred, no refund was claimed. I was somewhat puzzled. I think I should stop uploading images of my medication. 😊

• Love 1

Unusually for me a sale that isn't plant or garden related.  A39 Road bridge arches over the boulder strewn East Lyn river at Lynmouth, Devon, UK.

a39-road-bridge-arches-over-the-boulder-strewn-east-lyn-river-at-lynmouth-devon-uk-PBHDNP.jpg

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 19-February-2021 ; End: 19-February-2026

Reasonable $$ for the 23rd sale of the month.

• Love 2

a-handmade-embroidered-purse-made-in-jin

Low $$, for Serbian television.  From Botas y Mas down the street, and my personal purse on a custom made table by a German expat who's now back in Germany with his Nicaraguan family.  That was also the table under the Emily Dickinson book that licensed earlier.

• Love 3

11 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

a-handmade-embroidered-purse-made-in-jin

Low $$, for Serbian television.  From Botas y Mas down the street, and my personal purse on a custom made table by a German expat who's now back in Germany with his Nicaraguan family.  That was also the table under the Emily Dickinson book that licensed earlier.

I like the rustic look of your table. My dining room table is also custom made and rustic. The top is similar colored to yours, but the fat routered legs are painted off-white with an antiqued finish.  The chairs match the legs.

• Thanks 1

First license for this image... $$... I`ve sold several prints of it over the years....

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

A young Trumpeter swan (Cygnus buccinator) flapping its wings spreading ripples in the water against a black background. Stock Photo

• Love 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sharon said:

First license for this image... $$... I`ve sold several prints of it over the years....

A young Trumpeter swan (Cygnus buccinator) flapping its wings spreading ripples in the water against a black background. Stock Photo

You’ve sold it because the beautiful swan is conducting an orchestra. I immediately heard the music when I saw it. ☺️ Great image.

• Love 1

On 09/02/2021 at 20:50, The Blinking Eye said:

The most zoomed photo in my porfolio.

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 09 February 2021
End: 09 February 2026

Black Lives Matter memorial and shrine to George Floyd. Mural by artist AmendTDK painted on boarded storefront. Downtown Oakland, California, USA. Stock Photo

Congrats on another sale of it!
How have you been Alamy-wise in 2021? I've had maybe 1 zoom so far and fairly low views. It's like things hit a sharp wall since December for me and plummeted since then.

26 minutes ago, AlexG said:

Congrats on another sale of it!
How have you been Alamy-wise in 2021? I've had maybe 1 zoom so far and fairly low views. It's like things hit a sharp wall since December for me and plummeted since then.

I'm doing really well. Three sales and ten zooms since January 1st. They have almost all been from 1) Mexico City tourist sites 2) Black Lives Matter murals 3) protests, including the Indigenous Women protesters photo that has sold three times.

So these are the topics that clearly sell over other kinds of shots, of which I have plenty. This George Floyd mural has been zoomed at least five or six times, under many different search terms and I think it's partly responsible for my high placement on Alamy search results overall. This then leads to other sales and zooms.

So my feeble advice is to follow the news and maybe shoot demographic groups who are less represented in the media. (...and if you ever get a chance to take a picture of a Banksy, do it!)

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

I'm doing really well. Three sales and ten zooms since January 1st. They have almost all been from 1) Mexico City tourist sites 2) Black Lives Matter murals 3) protests, including the Indigenous Women protesters photo that has sold three times.

So these are the topics that clearly sell over other kinds of shots, of which I have plenty. This George Floyd mural has been zoomed at least five or six times, under many different search terms and I think it's partly responsible for my high placement on Alamy search results overall. This then leads to other sales and zooms.

So my feeble advice is to follow the news and maybe shoot demographic groups who are less represented in the media. (...and if you ever get a chance to take a picture of a Banksy, do it!)

Thanks Kristin.

My more recent uploads have been seasonal nature and outdoors. Little less human activity. I do need to do more of that. It's a genre that's more difficult and less comfortable for me.

Enjoy the spring weather. We have some amazing blooming yellow mustard in the vineyards here in Sonoma County. Make your way to Napa or Sonoma this month or next.

2 minutes ago, AlexG said:

Thanks Kristin.

My more recent uploads have been seasonal nature and outdoors. Little less human activity. I do need to do more of that. It's a genre that's more difficult and less comfortable for me.

Enjoy the spring weather. We have some amazing blooming yellow mustard in the vineyards here in Sonoma County. Make your way to Napa or Sonoma this month or next.

It's easy if you find a gathering of a bunch of people who are just milling around or even performing in some capacity, and there are a bunch of other things for people to do and look at besides the photographer. On the other hand, it's nice to take photos you enjoy taking.

I so VERY MUCH need an outing and have been intending to go somewhere, after 1-1/2 years of zero travel. Thanks for the idea!

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

It's easy if you find a gathering of a bunch of people who are just milling around or even performing in some capacity, and there are a bunch of other things for people to do and look at besides the photographer. On the other hand, it's nice to take photos you enjoy taking.

I so VERY MUCH need an outing and have been intending to go somewhere, after 1-1/2 years of zero travel. Thanks for the idea!

I am not stressing about sales, but they are nice when they come, and the money can be used for more photography-related costs. 😃

• Love 1

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=9C3ED2D7-8337-49A3-861C-019124940473

Well finally paddled into 2021 sales with this opener 😀

A   P.U. Sale for $19.99 happy that i got the full price on the image for a change.

Edited by William Caram
added information
  • Love 1

I only post this as it’s a new type of license I haven’t seen before. Very low price.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 20-February-2021 ; End: 20-February-2026 ; 
  Additional Details: Upday Monthly Allowance - 400 images - Upday personalised news app exclusive to Samsung

cockenzie-east-lothian-scotland-united-k

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Sally said:

I only post this as it’s a new type of license I haven’t seen before. Very low price.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 20-February-2021 ; End: 20-February-2026 ; 
  Additional Details: Upday Monthly Allowance - 400 images - Upday personalised news app exclusive to Samsung

Upday has been mentioned a few times recently, Sally. Quite a few sales going round this month, it appears.

A search will reveal all... 🙂

Edited by losdemas
  • Love 1

Getting very itchy feet now. This 'lockdown' seems to be going on forever but totally understand the necessity of it. Looking forward to getting out more and going to places again.

All of these from pre-lockdown days.

Half of a red horse juts out from green boarding adjacent to a rack of bicycles in Copenhagen, Denmark Stock Photo

This one, from a few years back, popped up for low $$

The exterior of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom in Parliament Square, London, UK Stock Photo

Medium $$

The Commonwealth Memorial Gates, Constitution Hill, London, UK Stock Photo

Best one so far this month - higher end of $$

• Love 2

Thank you for the many approvals of my Broadway sale. A tip for anyone going to NYC: spend more time in the Theatre District with your camera than trying to get something worthwhile of the Brooklyn Bridge. 

Congratulations to Andy and Andy in West Cork. They both show up and get the news. Just before the first lockdown, Alamy sent me one of those notices that said I could not submit Live News snaps. At the time, I wasn't doing any news. But with the pandemic, I was shooting the kind of empty street images that should have been Live News not Stock. A lesson learned -- too late. 

Poco a poco, mates. 

• Love 2

Thanks for the Congrats Edo, I tend to shoot a bit of everything with a bit of News/Weather thrown in where I think it will be relevant. The other Andy really puts in the miles and hard work with more "targeted" images. I live in the rural part of rural Ireland, basically out in the boonies so chasing after "hot news"  licences is just not financially worthwhile. 

Andy.

• Like 2