Images sold in February 2021.

2 minutes ago, PAL Media said:

I dream of going to Australia one day

Come on, do it!! Best country in the whole world. And I've travelled all over all my life. Super friendly happy people, terrific outdoor life, wildlife and landscapes. They are the blessed country. Sooo happy here.

• Like 1

Just now, PAL Media said:

One day I will, Still have kids living at home atm (I suppose we could blow all the money we have saved for their education though 😂)

I read in the news tonight that foreign tourists will be allowed in Oz in Feb. 2022. Plenty of time for this date to change but it will be a while anyway...

35 minutes ago, gvallee said:

You'll never know what you're missing...

Well I do know what I'm missing - spiders and snakes that can kill, deadly crocs and alligators, tins of Fosters, BBQ's every day, a 24 hour flight to get to Oz etc...  I'll stay in Europe, thanks!

• Love 1

February has begun well for me, with regular sales at various values. Low $$ for this, but once again just a walk away.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Educational WebsiteEditorial digital use. One time use only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 09-February-2021 ; End: 09-February-2023

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-10th-apr-2020-on-the-first-day-of-the-easter-weekend-during-the-covid-19-coronavirus-lockdown-period-people-are-making-use-of-southend-on-seas-seafront-to-enjoy-the-sunny-and-warm-weather-police-and-civil-enforcement-officers-are-patrolling-the-areas-with-car-parks-and-businesses-closed-police-officers-walking-past-closed-amusement-arcade-business-2BDXD69.jpg

• Love 1

10 hours ago, PAL Media said:

@gvallee out of interest, what’s the equivalent of The Sun newspaper in Australia, he must surely have one?

I'm not sure there is an equivalent. Each State has many newspapers, big and small.

14 hours ago, gvallee said:

$$$ sale. Yeah!! Distro. Oh... OK

To Japan for a book

I feel this pic is mediocre but it has a story, so I'm glad it licensed.

This is middle of nowhere in Oz. I stopped because I thought it would illustrate the drought in the area and the farmers' battle. 

It was hot, I was wearing sandals and a pair of shorts. Being Australia, I am always careful where I tread. But this time, the cattle was getting suspicious of me and started getting up, which I didn't want, so I kept an eye on them. I walked through high grass to the paddock fence. All of a sudden, I felt my right foot lifting up. I knew straight away what was happening and I froze. I looked down and to my horror, I saw a brown snake (venomous) slithering into his hole right under my big toe.

KC838H.jpg

Hi Genevieve, well done on the sale it illustrates the dry conditions...nice one.

Now about that brown snake that was too close!, I've come across quite a few while out prospecting in the Victorian Goldfields but i always wear snake gaiters! and long pants and keep a wary eye out for them! We have tiger snakes down here too..

You do realize that you don't have a lot of time if you get bitten, the venom is very fast acting...When i'm out detecting i carry a snake bandage with me just in case, but i hope that i will never have to use it....so Tall grass wear long pants and gaitors or just don't walk in it...I used to see a Queenslander who came down to prospect in Victoria, and he was wearing shorts and thongs...just crazy! not to mention the stinging large inch man ants!..well i heard he survived a snake bite!

Take care out there in our Lucky country 😀 Cheers Bill

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, William Caram said:

Hi Genevieve, well done on the sale it illustrates the dry conditions...nice one.

Now about that brown snake that was too close!, I've come across quite a few while out prospecting in the Victorian Goldfields but i always wear snake gaiters! and long pants and keep a wary eye out for them! We have tiger snakes down here too..

You do realize that you don't have a lot of time if you get bitten, the venom is very fast acting...When i'm out detecting i carry a snake bandage with me just in case, but i hope that i will never have to use it....so Tall grass wear long pants and gaitors or just don't walk in it...I used to see a Queenslander who came down to prospect in Victoria, and he was wearing shorts and thongs...just crazy! not to mention the stinging large inch man ants!..well i heard he survived a snake bite!

Take care out there in our Lucky country 😀 Cheers Bill

Thanks Bill. That pit stop was never planned. We were driving hundred of kms that day. It was just a photo opportunity. You're not wrong about wearing long trousers and closed shoes. If you're talking about bull ants, been there, done that. Unfortunately. No-one could come close to me for 15mn, with ice or otherwise. And I couldn't fit in my work shoes for a week.

Good luck for your prospecting. We visited a few goldfields towns, ghost or alive and we love them.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, gvallee said:

Come on, do it!! Best country in the whole world. And I've travelled all over all my life. Super friendly happy people, terrific outdoor life, wildlife and landscapes. They are the blessed country. Sooo happy here.

Would love return to Australia! Made a trip three week there around 1990 and really enjoyed my time in Oz.  But I have to admit, the thought of spending essentially 24 hours in flights each way, makes it much less appealing.  In my youth, I would jump at the chance.

53 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Would love return to Australia! Made a trip three week there around 1990 and really enjoyed my time in Oz.  But I have to admit, the thought of spending essentially 24 hours in flights each way, makes it much less appealing.  In my youth, I would jump at the chance.

It's a killer flight for sure, but hey! if it's the price to pay to be in paradise, I'll do it. If you were to travel now, you would have 14 days in hotel quarantine to recover ha ha...

The problem with visiting Oz for a short period of time is like in the US, distances!! Not easy to visit properly to fully appreciate the country if you have a time limit.

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Thanks Bill. That pit stop was never planned. We were driving hundred of kms that day. It was just a photo opportunity. You're not wrong about wearing long trousers and closed shoes. If you're talking about bull ants, been there, done that. Unfortunately. No-one could come close to me for 15mn, with ice or otherwise. And I couldn't fit in my work shoes for a week.

Good luck for your prospecting. We visited a few goldfields towns, ghost or alive and we love them.

They hurt don't they those pesky inchman ants...In the 15 years that i have been prospecting i have been stung 3 times, and just recently i got my third sting as it crawled up my leg and stung through my jeans near my groin! i had a big itchy lump there for over a week..I always tuck pants into my socks as the first sting i had 15 years ago was where an ant had crawled up my leg and stung me on the calf muscle.. I knock them off my boots and clothing regularly, it's all part of the fun of our great bush 🙄😃

32 minutes ago, LSP said:

About once a year or so, this pic of a cassowary egg sells in Japan. Today's the day.

Hand holding southern cassowary egg Stock Photo

Well done on your sale...that egg is turning into the golden egg...😀 as it looks like it will keep selling for you..nice one

A sale appeared this morning: basso $ - 🙂  Good day everyone !!!! 🌈🌈🌈🌈

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
50 MB
6000 x 2911 pixels
2 MB compressed
Start: 09 February 2021
End: 09 February 2026

young green tender leaves of grapes in spring. Selective focus. Vineyard in spring time. The Guyot method of vine training

Risultato immagini per M64DAF alamy

• Love 2

On 08/02/2021 at 08:13, Richard Baker said:

Marketing package - Large business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This package is for marketing campaigns promoting businesses which have more than 10 employees.

$xxx

a-pectoral-crucifix-cross-worn-by-an-ano

Aaand .. two-hundred flippin' quid refunded.

On 09/02/2021 at 20:35, PAL Media said:

@gvallee out of interest, what’s the equivalent of The Sun newspaper in Australia, he must surely have one?

Paul,

About nearly all of the press in Australia, is under one form or another, under the influence of Murdoch, so I would say that most of the newspaper industry in Australia is very low grade tabloid. Even the broadsheets who pretend to be better, in my personal opinion, doesn't fare much better. And I say that as someone who has worked with many of these publications in the past. I am in a totally different industry now, but I still remember some of the jobs I was sent to, and it does make me cringe... 

• Love 1

Low $$ 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 10-February-2021 ; End: 10-February-2026 ;Additional Details: Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

jaguar-e-type-with-glowing-red-hot-brakes-racing-in-the-kinrara-trophy-K8H0BX.jpg

• Love 4

First sale of the month. Image was zoomed in December.  (should probably have cropped out dog on left side, but i liked it there)

Mid $$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ; 62.6 MB;5730 x 3820 pixels;2.0 MB compressed ;

Start: 10-February-2021 ; End: 10-February-2026 ; 
Additional Details: Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

probably pays for my food that day in Zurich on train stopover waiting for night train to Slovenia.  

the-marlitram-streetcar-a-christmas-festive-tram-going-along-on-the-sun-lit-street-along-the-river-side-of-zurich-switzerland-2ABK78A.jpg

• Love 3