Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Thanks for the red arrow there Stan.  I was talking about the actual drink.  🙄

 Dear Colonel, 

You should have made it clear that you were talking about the actual drink, your comment was ambiguous. To describe instant coffee as a tragedy is tragic.

However, in view of your explanation, I have withdrawn the red arrow. Honour satisfied?

Edited by Stan Pritchard
mistake corrected
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Instant coffee is a tragedy, always. 🤢🤮

 

Don't go to Banbury in Oxfordshire.

There is a big instant coffee factory there (Kenco).

I am sometimes in the area, and you can smell it waft over the place. Horrible !

I am biased tho. A nice cup of tea is much nicer than any coffee 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

While on coffee, the worst I have ever tasted was bought from a little shop in Yorkshire that sold the stuff from a machine that took little sachets.  I can take coffee in may forms but this was truly undrinkable.  Currently supping a mug of instant, but we always start the day with Moka brew. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bryan said:

While on coffee, the worst I have ever tasted was bought from a little shop in Yorkshire that sold the stuff from a machine that took little sachets.  I can take coffee in may forms but this was truly undrinkable.  Currently supping a mug of instant, but we always start the day with Moka brew. 

 

Keirug?  Or something like that. 

 

Before I moved here, I hated coffee, but loved the smell.  I drank a host's  finca Arabica to be polite and found that I actually liked arabica coffee and started exploring what I could get green and roast myself and then just started buying from a co-op's retail outlet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stan Pritchard said:

 Dear Colonel, 

You should have made it clear that you were talking about the actual drink, your comment was ambiguous. To describe instant coffee as a tragedy is a tragic.

However, in view of your explanation, I have withdrawn the red arrow. Honour satisfied?

You've clearly never watched The Office...

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bryan said:

While on coffee, the worst I have ever tasted was bought from a little shop in Yorkshire that sold the stuff from a machine that took little sachets.  I can take coffee in may forms but this was truly undrinkable.  Currently supping a mug of instant, but we always start the day with Moka brew. 

Coffee sachets are terrible - yuk.  Mokka is one of the mediums I use to make coffee, it's an art!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jansos said:

Mid $$ 

Site of Blue Plaque outside Freddie Mercury's former house and home on Gladstone Road, Feltham, Middlesex, London, Stock Photo

 

Mid $$ 

King's Cross station and the The Oysterhouse Lighthouse, Gray's Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, UK Stock Photo

 

Mid-low $$

A National Express coach on the Albert Bridge in central London, UK Stock Photo

 

< 10 $

 

Wagamama - an Asian-inspired Japanese chain restaurant in Ealing, west London, U.K. Stock Photo

 

Mid $$

iPhone X selfies by Brianna Y - digital billboard in Brentford, West London, U.K. Stock Photo

 

Mid $$

Victoria Cross memorials on the Commonwealth Memorial Gates, Constitution Hill, London, UK Stock Photo

 

 

John, just for the sake of accuracy the National Express coach is on Chelsea Bridge with the Albert Bridge just visible in the distance. Having crossed Chelsea Bridge a million times I spotted this straight away. Hope you don't mind me pointing it out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

John, just for the sake of accuracy the National Express coach is on Chelsea Bridge with the Albert Bridge just visible in the distance. Having crossed Chelsea Bridge a million times I spotted this straight away. Hope you don't mind me pointing it out. 

Thanks - I should know that! :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Personal Use for the U.S. usual $$.  Montreal, Canada, one of the classic Montreal style wrought iron staircases.

 

CANADA Quebec Montreal exterior staircase to the second floor made of wrought iron Stock Photo

 

Very nice. I love those old Montreal staircases and balconies (balcons). Fortunately there are lots of them left. Pretty to look at but treacherous in winter.

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Very nice. I love those old Montreal staircases and balconies (balcons). Fortunately there are lots of them left. Pretty to look at but treacherous in winter.

 

Oh man, I can't imagine navigating those steps in the winter....or pretty much anytime.  That's how I broke my arm, falling down just small flight of 4 steps.  I assume that these are separate residences, the top and bottom floors? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

Oh man, I can't imagine navigating those steps in the winter....or pretty much anytime.  That's how I broke my arm, falling down just small flight of 4 steps.  I assume that these are separate residences, the top and bottom floors? 

 

Yes, they usually are separate apartments. I lived in a couple of those old buildings when I was a student in Montreal. Many of them have been fancied up and turned into condos now. I'm sure that -- tragically -- a lot of Montrealers have slid to their deaths in winter down icy stairs. Fortunately I survived.

 

black-and-white-metal-spiral-staircase-o

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

A bit late for this month , but I did get a sale in the month of February . and its my first too which I am super happy about 😁 . PU

 

 

 

A Calm Sunny Day By The Water In Wildwood at The Jersey Shore in New Jersey. Stock Photoad   

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, backdrop12 said:

A bit late for this month , but I did get a sale in the month of February . and its my first too which I am super happy about 😁 . PU

 

 

 

A Calm Sunny Day By The Water In Wildwood at The Jersey Shore in New Jersey. Stock Photoad   

 

 

Well done! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A licence with only 52 images up is very good.

 

Allan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2021 at 17:09, Steve F said:

PU? The mind boggles.... $20

 

cleaning-products-on-sale-on-shelves-in-

You needed to put a bottle of “Bang” beside a bottle of “Flash”. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2021 at 17:45, Betty LaRue said:

You needed to put a bottle of “Bang” beside a bottle of “Flash”. 

 

I'll have a word with Sainsbury's about making their store layout more photogenic 🙃

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Steve F said:

 

I'll have a word with Sainsbury's about making their store layout more photogenic 🙃

 

A bottle of 'Wallop!' would be good, too! 😉😂

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, losdemas said:

 

A bottle of 'Wallop!' would be good, too! 😉😂

Great scene!

Ah and a reference to my favorite eating scene in film: Charles Laughton!

Thank you!

 

wim

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2021 at 15:09, Steve F said:

PU? The mind boggles.... $20

 

cleaning-products-on-sale-on-shelves-in-

 

I guess someone has a lot of cleaning-up to do. 🚽

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.