Images sold in February 2021.

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

These Black-eyed Susans growing in my backyard were invoiced no less than four times (high $) today. Hopefully one of the sales will stick. It's a UK magazine. Anyone know which one it might be?

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 December 2020
End: 01 December 2025
Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

black-eyed-susan-vine-thunbergia-alata-w

If the amount is $9.61 it's likely to be one the magazines published by TI Media in the UK.  I had 13 of these in yesterday, some I knew of in Amateur Gardening magazine, but there must have uses in other magazines in the group that I didn't find.  The good news is that they pay per individual use so you should get all 4 individual fees paid.  I had a x3 and a x2 in my set and, from previous experience, expect to be paid for each of them. (The bad news is that if you get the main shot on a front cover they pay no extra.)

30 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

If the amount is $9.61 it's likely to be one the magazines published by TI Media in the UK.  I had 13 of these in yesterday, some I knew of in Amateur Gardening magazine, but there must have uses in other magazines in the group that I didn't find.  The good news is that they pay per individual use so you should get all 4 individual fees paid.  I had a x3 and a x2 in my set and, from previous experience, expect to be paid for each of them. (The bad news is that if you get the main shot on a front cover they pay no extra.)

deleted

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

A Presentation Use came in today of this poor electrocuted squirrel.  It bit into my electric cable, coming into my house, and knocked out my home's power temporally.  The fee was the usual U.S. $$.  I would have loved to see the presentation, would be curious about the context of the photo.

American Grey gray squirrel electrocuted by power lines to a house Stock Photo

• Love 1

Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

This was shot back in the mid-nineties and I remember deciding that I'd go visit the Portuguese parliament while in Lisbon. I must have showed my NUJ card otherwise why would they have just let me in? I had no idea minisyters were in session that morning, nor that I'd have a good view. Otherwise, it was really boring.

That's not a very good story is it?

the-portuguese-parliament-in-session-fro

Edited by Richard Baker
Typo (as always)
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Thanks very much, John That's the right amount. It's ludicrous that a magazine with a circulation of 500K would get away with paying so little. So far, the four separate licenses have stuck, which eases the pain somewhat.

P.S. I found Amateur Gardening magazine, but not my photo. Can't believe that it's a weekly. I guess that explains the low price. They must buy oodles of images.

Edited by John Mitchell

7 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

A Presentation Use came in today of this poor electrocuted squirrel.  It bit into my electric cable, coming into my house, and knocked out my home's power temporally.  The fee was the usual U.S. $$.  I would have loved to see the presentation, would be curious about the context of the photo.

American Grey gray squirrel electrocuted by power lines to a house Stock Photo

A presentation on living dangerously perhaps. I'm always amazed at how squirrels can run along electric cables and not fall. Perhaps this unfortunate guy slipped and grabbed the cable in a last-ditch effort to save himself (or herself). I could see this image having a lot of conceptual uses.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, John Richmond said:

are any of those other magazines photography related? I had a photo of a vintage stereoscope sell last month for around 9.61 - can’t check exactly as I’m on phone atm. Usage was stated as editorial magazine. 

2 minutes ago, Cal said:

are any of those other magazines photography related? I had a photo of a vintage stereoscope sell last month for around 9.61 - can’t check exactly as I’m on phone atm. Usage was stated as editorial magazine. 

I found this publication list on the Wikipedia entry for TI Media:

• 25 Beautiful Homes
  • Amateur Gardening
  • Angler’s Mail
  • Chat
  • Country Homes & Interiors
  • Country Life
  • Cycling Weekly
  • Decanter
  • Golf Monthly
  • Goodtoknow
  • Homes & Gardens
  • Horse & Hound
  • Ideal Home
  • Livingetc
  • Marie Claire UK
  • Motor Boat & Yachting
  • Mountain Bike Rider (MBR)
  • Pick Me Up
  • Practical Boat Owner
  • Rugby World
  • Shooting Gazette
  • Shooting Times
  • ShootingUK
  • Sporting Gun
  • Style at Home
  • The Field
  • Trusted Reviews
  • TV&Satellite Week
  • TV Times
  • Wallpaper
  • What’s on TV
  • Woman
  • woman&home
  • Woman’s Own
  • Woman’s Weekly
  • Yachting Monthly
  • Yachting World
  • YBW.com

Not sure how up to date or comprehensive this is as they've now be taken over by Future plc.

• Love 1

This one came in today for low $$

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 08 February 2021
End: 08 February 2026

sheet-music-for-the-hit-song-american-pie-by-don-mclean-2A8Y2X7.jpg

low $$, Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
69 MB
6000 x 4000 pixels
1 MB compressed
Start: 06 February 2021
End: 06 February 2026

a-chinese-metal-fish-pendant-with-articu

Chinese articulated enameled pendant of a fish (kois just don't come in that color. 

Edited by MizBrown
more details

Welcome live news $$$ amongst five sales reported today.

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside and online ;  Start: 17-December-2020 ; End: 18-December-2020 ;
Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement, any size.

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-16th-dec-2020-along-with-london-some-areas-of-essex-have-entered-tier-3-very-high-alert-status-after-midnight-prior-to-the-second-lockdown-the-unitary-authority-of-southend-on-sea-had-chosen-to-remain-in-tier-1-whilst-the-surrounding-areas-of-essex-went-to-tier-2-but-this-time-the-borough-has-been-placed-into-tier-3-people-are-out-exercising-along-the-towns-seafront-and-making-their-way-to-work-or-shopping-a-female-walking-along-western-esplanade-passing-palm-trees-at-sunrise-2DKT4KX.jpg

Not so welcome is one taken from the current live news feed for pennies. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 08-February-2021 ; End: 08-February-2026 ;
Additional Details: Upday Monthly Allowance - 400 images - Upday personalised news app exclusive to Samsung

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-7th-feb-2021-storm-darcy-reached-southend-on-sea-later-than-initially-forecast-with-the-area-remaining-wet-overnight-snow-and-sleety-flurries-arrived-from-around-7am-which-didnt-deter-joggers-cyclists-and-dog-walkers-two-hardy-females-took-to-the-cold-waters-of-the-thames-estuary-covid-19-lockdown-warnings-remain-in-place-credit-avpicsalamy-live-news-2EA1DYX.jpg

3 hours ago, MizBrown said:

low $$, Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
69 MB
6000 x 4000 pixels
1 MB compressed
Start: 06 February 2021
End: 06 February 2026

Chinese articulated enameled pendant of a fish (kois just don't come in that color. 

Hopefully someone doesn't think that they are buying the actual pendant. Good luck.

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

Hopefully someone doesn't think that they are buying the actual pendant. Good luck.

Yep, it's the first image for anyone looking for articulated Chinese fish pendants on Google, but the caption does say stock photos and image.

2 hours ago, MizBrown said:

Yep, it's the first image for anyone looking for articulated Chinese fish pendants on Google, but the caption does say stock photos and image.

That might help. However, most people don't know what a "stock photo" is. When I mention that I submit images to a stock photo agency, I usually get a quizzical look in return. 🙄

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

That might help. However, most people don't know what a "stock photo" is. When I mention that I submit images to a stock photo agency, I usually get a quizzical look in return. 🙄

Yeah, I am waiting to see if they're waiting, and I wonder what the cop and migration guy thought when I explained that I took photos for a British agency.

safeentry-is-a-singapore-digital-check-i

Never expect it to be sold because is nothing fantastic like a scenery, but secretly hope it will sell somewhere.

Sell for peanut but am fine with it.

Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 08 February 2021
End: 08 February 2026

$$$ sale. Yeah!! Distro. Oh... OK

To Japan for a book

I feel this pic is mediocre but it has a story, so I'm glad it licensed.

This is middle of nowhere in Oz. I stopped because I thought it would illustrate the drought in the area and the farmers' battle. 

It was hot, I was wearing sandals and a pair of shorts. Being Australia, I am always careful where I tread. But this time, the cattle was getting suspicious of me and started getting up, which I didn't want, so I kept an eye on them. I walked through high grass to the paddock fence. All of a sudden, I felt my right foot lifting up. I knew straight away what was happening and I froze. I looked down and to my horror, I saw a brown snake (venomous) slithering into his hole right under my big toe.

KC838H.jpg

• Like 1