Images sold in February 2021.

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

😀You should worry.

One of my best-sellers contains a small dog having a wee. I didn't notice it until I saw a DPS in a magazine.

ha!ha!  now i need to look at all my street scenes (you also have a contender if i ever do the monthly photo contest again "Distraction from main subject" 🙂  ) 

i remember working image and thinking dog OK, because i wanted the street activity feel, now i see picture again and think wow that really is distracting to the subject.  

4 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

ha!ha!  now i need to look at all my street scenes (you also have a contender if i ever do the monthly photo contest again "Distraction from main subject" 🙂  ) 

i remember working image and thinking dog OK, because i wanted the street activity feel, now i see picture again and think wow that really is distracting to the subject.  

The dog's fine. Streets have dogs. It's not having a wee.😄

Besides, perhaps it was bought because of the dog. I certainly wouldn't be changing it now.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

2AFY4HN.jpg

Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 09 February 2021
End: 09 February 2026

Not seen this before!  Low $

• Love 2

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

The dog's fine. Streets have dogs. It's not having a wee.😄

Besides, perhaps it was bought because of the dog. I certainly wouldn't be changing it now.

totally not changing it...  it's just sometimes interesting to see your edits from the past.    based on the 2 zooms i got from that shoot, they obviously wanted the street part....  

On 09/02/2021 at 01:29, gvallee said:

Come on, do it!! Best country in the whole world. And I've travelled all over all my life. Super friendly happy people, terrific outdoor life, wildlife and landscapes. They are the blessed country. Sooo happy here.

I'd love to visit Planet Oz. Doubt that it will happen at this point, though, given my tenuous finances. However, I really enjoy your otherworldly landscapes and images of exotic wildlife, even the killer crocs and evil snakes like the ones rumoured to have been driven out of Ireland by St. Patrick. 😉

• Love 1

Floating foliage of the water fern, Azolla filiculoides, with Spring bronzing

floating-foliage-of-the-water-fern-azolla-filiculoides-with-spring-bronzing-MNJG65.jpg

"Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Presentation or newsletters ;  Start: 10-February-2021 ; End: 10-February-2026 ; 
   Additional Details: Verwendung in einer Präsentation/einem Vortrag (z. B. Powerpoint und Keynote) oder in einem Newsletter."

Presumably through the German office as it's a direct sale for just into $$

• Love 2

5 hours ago, Sally R said:

I did something similar a week and a half ago Gen. I was walking at the end of a college campus in the northern suburbs of Perth. I had my Sony RX100 and was looking all around to see if there was anything interesting to photograph but not at the ground at all. My peripheral vision picked up something leap from in front of me to the side of the path. It was a dugite, one of the two main venomous snakes we have here (the other being the tiger snake). I was very lucky the snake got out of my way, as I was oblivious to it. Fortunately dugites are on the shy side and do their best to avoid you, but had my foot landed on it it might have been different.

I see a lot of dugites and tiger snakes when out on bushwalks and photographing birds at wetlands. Sometimes you see the tiger snakes swimming across the surface of a lake, such as Herdsman Lake which is quite close to the city. I've got quite calm with them now, when a few years back they they used to give me a fright.

There is a photographer here who does some amazing photos of reptiles, with venomous snakes being one of his favourites. This is his website in case it is of interest. He is a qualified snake handler who knows a lot about their behaviour, and so gets pretty up close and personal with them with wider rather than telephotos lenses. However, I think getting that close for photos is probably not a good idea for most people (you might not want to look at this Andy!)

https://rmrphotography.com.au/

Wow!! What an amazing portfolio! I love Australian reptiles, lizards, dragons, monitors. Some in the Red Centre are simply incredible. Quite unique. There is an excellent Reptile Centre in Alice Springs.

We used to do a lot of bushwalking, every weekend in fact. We've camped extensively in the wilderness, Amazingly, after all these years, we've only seen a handful of snakes. But birds galore!

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I'd love to visit Planet Oz. Doubt that it will happen at this point, though, given my tenuous finances. However, I really enjoy your otherworldly landscapes and images of exotic wildlife, even the killer crocs and evil snakes like the ones rumoured to have been driven out of Ireland by St. Patrick. 😉

I hope it will work out for you one day John. Oz is quite expensive, in addition to the international flights, you'd be likely to need internal flights as well. But never say never. I'd be happy to meet if you make it. Thank you for appreciating my pictures.

Low $$ distro 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Start: 01-January-2021 ; End: 01-January-2026 ; Additional Details: Japan

seafront-southend-on-sea-essex-uk-with-the-forecast-record-temperatures-people-are-heading-to-the-seafront-to-cool-down-the-towns-jubilee-beach-is-busy-with-the-mercury-in-the-high-thirties-temperatures-almost-reached-record-levels-thermometer-illustrating-temperature-W4W5J6.jpg

• Love 2

football-match-underway-between-real-madrid-v-levante-at-the-bernabeu-stadium-madrid-spain-6-april-2013-2DYYG1M.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Use in slides/materials to support a presentation or newsletters or talks such as PowerPoint or Keynote
Media: Newsletters - external
23 MB
3456 x 2304 pixels
1 MB compressed
Start: 10 February 2021
End: 10 February 2026

Mid $ only but happy to see a second sale this month.

• Love 1

Ponce City Market, Atlanta

M95XK1.jpg

Low $$, second of the month for me as well.

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.

stone-columns-flanking-a-brick-path-part

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size

Mid $$

And also what I assume is a newspaper one I spotted last month in papers showing as purchased today (would that be right, purchase date after has been printed?) $$

• Love 2

18th-march-2020-malaysia-government-orde

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size

Happy to see this go on sales for $$. I knew one of these pic will be sold. This is a very hectic causeway for 24/7, a bridge connecting between Singapore and Johor Bahru, Malaysia. A lot of livelihood and economy at stake, is a very rare scene to see no vehicles at all, 2 countries closing border except for essential. 

But the air was definitely so much fresher, surrounding is quiet. Hope everyone remains safe and be self responsible

Edited by rickygui
  • Love 3

On 10/02/2021 at 14:07, IanDavidson said:

Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines.
Not seen this before!  Low $

I've just had a second low $ licence in a few days taken from the live news feed reported as Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 11-February-2021 ; End: 11-February-2026 ; Additional Details: Upday Monthly Allowance - 400 images - Upday personalised news app exclusive to Samsung

matrix-sign-warning-of-covid-19-lockdown-measures-in-southend-on-sea-essex-uk-with-snow-from-storm-darcy-stay-at-home-protect-the-nhs-slogan-2EANY61.jpg

Perhaps these are the new markets that Alamy were looking at entering. If it results in large quantities of sales and reasonable accumulations of pennies then I'll give them the benefit of doubt.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I've just had a second low $ licence in a few days taken from the live news feed reported as Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 11-February-2021 ; End: 11-February-2026 ; Additional Details: Upday Monthly Allowance - 400 images - Upday personalised news app exclusive to Samsung

matrix-sign-warning-of-covid-19-lockdown-measures-in-southend-on-sea-essex-uk-with-snow-from-storm-darcy-stay-at-home-protect-the-nhs-slogan-2EANY61.jpg

Perhaps these are the new markets that Alamy were looking at entering. If it results in large quantities of sales and reasonable accumulations of pennies then I'll give them the benefit of doubt.

Upday is a “new” news app.  It appears they are paying for image rights.  This could, indeed be a new income stream.  Interesting....