Images sold in February 2021.

On 11/02/2021 at 15:21, IanDavidson said:

Upday is a “new” news app.  It appears they are paying for image rights.  This could, indeed be a new income stream.  Interesting....

Had it pushed to my (second-hand) mobile a good while back - but uninstalled it (though some underlying architecture must remain on my phone as Goofball Play is constantly trying to get me to update it. Apparently it's preinstalled on new Samsung Galaxy models. Just another annoying tracker which tailors news "using lots of rocket science and a hint of magic". Language that makes me want to spit. :angry:😂 Would love to install it to track usages, but I think that enough of my life is shared already!

....sorry, having a bit of a Luddite day. 👇

A scruffy man uses a brick as a mobil phone Stock Photo

Edited by losdemas
Did a search for 'Luddite'

21 hours ago, gvallee said:

I hope it will work out for you one day John. Oz is quite expensive, in addition to the international flights, you'd be likely to need internal flights as well. But never say never. I'd be happy to meet if you make it. Thank you for appreciating my pictures.

You never know. I might land on your lovely planet one day. 🪂

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Avpics said:

Low $$ distro 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Start: 01-January-2021 ; End: 01-January-2026 ; Additional Details: Japan

seafront-southend-on-sea-essex-uk-with-the-forecast-record-temperatures-people-are-heading-to-the-seafront-to-cool-down-the-towns-jubilee-beach-is-busy-with-the-mercury-in-the-high-thirties-temperatures-almost-reached-record-levels-thermometer-illustrating-temperature-W4W5J6.jpg

Very cool...thermometer with C & F. That was a hot day.

• Love 1

One of my favorites.

Sold for $10

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 08 February 2021
End: 08 February 2026

protestor-with-solidarity-sign-over-highway-lights-for-liberty-vigil-to-protest-us-detention-centers-and-ice-camps-for-immigrant-children-berkeley-W3A78J.jpg
Edited by The Blinking Eye
resize
  • Love 3

Two for the same terms: 

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 11 February 2021
End: 11 February 2023 Mid $$

1930s-passenger-pleasure-cruise-ship-reg

british-red-ensign-flag-flying-on-the-st

• Love 1

More of them Romans on Hadrian's Wall... this one for television!  Good $$.

A  re-enactment  of typical Roman weapons and tactics given at the site of Vindolanda Roman Fort in Northumberland, Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 11 February 2021
Duration: In perpetuity Licence covers all media worldwide and in perpetuity, multiple flashes per image during the series.

8 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

"Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 2 million ;  Placement: Inside and online ;  Start: 28-November-2020 ; End: 29-November-2020.

Very High $$$

For a newspaper well happy with that.🤑

sheep-being-loaded-onto-small-fishing-boat-rural-ireland-2DDYKE2.jpg

Well done Andy, made up for you!

• Love 1

On 11/02/2021 at 15:21, IanDavidson said:

Upday is a “new” news app.  It appears they are paying for image rights.  This could, indeed be a new income stream.  Interesting....

Also, it's just struck me, a live news sale reported on the day of licencing. So it can be done, rather than six months or so later 🤔

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

My most recent sale for $ was for Upday.  Surely Alamy can command better prices than that?!

I've had two in the last few days. If it becomes a regular accumulation then I'll not complain. Oddly it also illustrates that live news sales can be reported immediately. Maybe that'll catch on!

3 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I've had two in the last few days. If it becomes a regular accumulation then I'll not complain. Oddly it also illustrates that live news sales can be reported immediately. Maybe that'll catch on!

Immediate reporting is extremely attractive and desirable.  Like you, if there's regular usages I'll be as happy as a pig in...

It's been a while since I had a weekend sale . Personal use, Lake Louise.

BTW, this is the first time I used the PS sky replacement tool. The original sky was a flat grey so I used something more dramatic instead.

Hockey player on the frozen Lake Louise in Banff Alberta Canada Stock Photo

• Love 4

2 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Thanks, Allan, it's my attempt to make people unidentifiable, although I failed miserably! 😂

I thought you were trying to make the young lady with the blue covid mask on stand out. I do not consider it to be a failure.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Rico said:

It's been a while since I had a weekend sale . Personal use, Lake Louise.

BTW, this is the first time I used the PS sky replacement tool. The original sky was a flat grey so I used something more dramatic instead.

Hockey player on the frozen Lake Louise in Banff Alberta Canada Stock Photo

Need to try the sky replacement!

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

I thought you were trying to make the young lady with the blue covid mask on stand out. I do not consider it to be a failure.

Allan

That's probably what I was trying to do, I guess it's worked.  I wanted to make sure the people at the front of the pic were unrecognisable, which they are.  The pic sold so it can't be so bad!  Thanks for your kind words.

6 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

That's probably what I was trying to do, I guess it's worked.  I wanted to make sure the people at the front of the pic were unrecognisable, which they are.  The pic sold so it can't be so bad!  Thanks for your kind words.

Remember all that fuss about the police using facial recognition in crowds? That was then, this is now. I guess that idea's a bust, then. Wearing a facemask isn't going to look like suspicious behaviour for years😀

• Love 2