Is AIM broken....AGAIN?

I usually upload live news images via the web interface, and get mixed results. Currently I'm in the Marylebone station bar, have been editing and have 51 images uploading. I get a fast 4G connection here via my USB connected iPhone to MacBook Air. The third image stuck for maybe around 20 minutes, then fast upload, then slow. It's frustrating, all the images are relatively small, none over 19mb. This happens wherever I upload, which is usually weekends. I've previously installed Transmit, an FTP client. Am I likely to get similar problems when using FTP, or is it more reliable? Haven't tried an FTP test yet, waiting for something less important. I've tried reducing image sizes from longest side 6000 pixels to 4000, but still have problems uploading. The only consolation is watching the football and the beer is nice. To compound problems, I earlier aborted a stuck upload earlier, the 4th image stuck. After I ticked remove images, I see 2 for sale, and as I expected them to be removed they are uploading again. Time for more beer.

I had 5 out of 6 images fail to upload today.  I left it to upload for a little over 2 hours with no luck.  I'll try again tonight, which is the middle of the night for Alamy.

Rick

Edited by Rick Lewis

Rick, when that happens hit the stop/discontinue button and close out the page. Then go back like it’s the first attempt and start over. 

Mine zipped through the 2nd time, and our Russian friend said that worked for him, too.

Betty

On 6/26/2018 at 15:47, Betty LaRue said:

Rick, when that happens hit the stop/discontinue button and close out the page. Then go back like it’s the first attempt and start over. 

Mine zipped through the 2nd time, and our Russian friend said that worked for him, too.

Betty

Thanks Betty.  If it happens again I'll try it.  Things uploaded fast today.  :-) 

Rick

Today I am having the problem. Four of 17 images went through fine but the fifth just barely started and got stuck. I tried Betty's method but it's not working. I checked to see if the first four had gone through and they are in QC so I tried a new upload starting with the one that was stuck and it remains stuck. I guess I'll let it sit there for an hour or so and then remove everything and try this evening.

Paulette

I think??? I have been successful. I gave up again but when I hit the x it didn't give me the message asking if I wanted to continue or remove the images. It just went back to the page that asked what I was uploading. I checked Photograph and then proceeded to upload again with success. So now the Image Manager shows those 13 images as processing but no trace of the first 4 that should be in QC. Only one submission showing in the list on the left. I guess I will have them all in QC soon???

Paulette

My first 4 never showed up as uploaded so I uploaded them again. I guess when stopping and doing an upload again you have to redo all the images -- even the ones that seem to have gone through and show as in QC.

Paulette

• 1 month later...

I've still got a Live News batch from Friday, uploaded (in fits and starts) via the website, stuck in processing (meaning now they're due to go into the main library, but I can't manage them). Several other batches since then went through fine. I guess I need to contact CR.

Added: they have gone on sale as general stock, and are presumably searchable via caption info, but I still can't keyword them.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

I had lots of trouble uploading today. Shut down the computer twice. Third time was a charm, but I had to start with image 3, then later upload 1 & 2. This is twice I’ve had to do that When image #1 got stuck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 15:29, Kathy deWitt said:

I uploaded 4 images this afternoon.  They appeared as rejected (in red) because, I think, of the internet connection being interrupted.  So I successfully uploaded them

again and they appeared in processing only to disappear when I just checked.  

Straaange!:huh:

Haha! So I'm not the only one to have that problem! It's been happening to me for a month now. I can't upload anything.

Edo

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

One submission upload and keyworded on Sunday. Shows as "on sale" in AIM, but doesn't show in searches yet. 2 FTP submissions last night - not even showing in AIM. Re-submitted one of them this morning--- nothing. Its getting a bit regular now. Is Alamy's system straining?

Webby

3 minutes ago, Webby said:

Hi All,

One submission upload and keyworded on Sunday. Shows as "on sale" in AIM, but doesn't show in searches yet. 2 FTP submissions last night - not even showing in AIM. Re-submitted one of them this morning--- nothing. Its getting a bit regular now. Is Alamy's system straining?

Webby

Same here. 

Just figured out my submission from yesterday is missing - not even waiting for QC.

Besides I wrote twice to the support asking for deleting for me a small batch /uploaded the same day by mistake/ before going for sale. No answer so far...

I uploaded a batch yesterday evening via FTP and usually they all arrive within a few minutes, last night nothing. Before, if they've not arrived, i've reuploaded and ended up with a duplicate set of images, so this time I waited until this morning to check and they have all arrived, and as i'm 5 stars, they have all passed QC.

I think the system is creaking at the joints (like me!!).

John.

Edited by Stokie

I submitted 3 images yesterday, and they stayed processing and greyed out for about 4 or 5 hours, then finally passed, and I was able to caption and keyword them. Uploaded a few more in the evening, which were still processing when I went to bed - this morning they had just disappeared. I've uploaded these again, and they are once more stuck processing for over an hour now. The ones I managed to keyword yesterday are not on sale yet - no surprise there! It's all so slow and unreliable nowadays.

• Love 1

I sent 10 images by FTP from Photoshelter at around 18.00 last night. My Photoshselter stats show that these have been successfully sent but they have not arrived in AIM.

So, not sure if they are in the pipeline or need to be resent. No doubt things will become clear later in the day but there does seem to be some gremlins at play.

Edited by geogphotos

OK here - the submission I made Sunday night and keyworded late yesterday evening is still there and doesn't look like any of the changes have been undone. However as is now normal they haven't hit the search engine so looks likely at least a day lost of the images not being on sale.

10 minutes ago, Cal said:

........they haven't hit the search engine so looks likely at least a day lost of the images not being on sale.

That's the 'new normal'. I've had the same issue with yesterday's upload vanishing, and trying again this morning looks to be following the same pattern.