Is AIM broken....AGAIN?

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Alamy found out that there was a problem as a result of this thread and contributors making them aware of the issue.

Hard for Alamy to communicate if they don't know that there is a problem. 😉

But communication back is also a must...  I never got reply from my communication to the Live News team which is where i experienced my first issue. 

There has yet to be any communication related to the ongoing problems over the last month relating to long delays in database update, all we got is a sweeping it with the scheduled, Unannounced, maintenance- though problems preceded the maintenance  .  

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, Sally said:

I suggest not. They will appear...at some point. Clearly the Alamy system is having problems.

have you had any of your Live News disappear then reappear?   my submission now just sits as 0 images, wonder if i need to try and get reportage access for it.

Yesterday, early evening (East coast, US time) I uploaded 59 images to Alamy.  Been doing this for two years with no issues.  Everything went well.   Upload completed successfully, according to Filezilla.  As of today, almost 24 hours later, they haven't shown up on my Alamy dashboard.  Should I assume they were eaten by "the cloud", and upload again?   I hesitate to email Alamy, as my experience with trying to communicate with them last month was not fruitful.

Thanks for your wisdom.

Michael

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

have you had any of your Live News disappear then reappear?   my submission now just sits as 0 images, wonder if i need to try and get reportage access for it.

I have only uploaded one batch of 4 images over the last two days. It worked OK but I know others here in Scotland have had major problems.

• Thanks 1

I had quite a few sets of images ready for uploading, but first wanted to be sure all was well after the last crash. I uploaded one reportage image earlier this evening via FTP as a trial. It still hasn't appeared in AIM. Off to bed now, but if it hasn't appeared in the morning this system isn't fit for purpose. The lack of updates is very worrying.

Uploaded 1 small batch yesterday, they went into processing, I went back to them several hours later to find them missing, I re uploaded them last night only to find them missing again today.

I am sure there is a glitch that Alamy will sort out soon.

13 minutes ago, Paul Mayall said:

Uploaded 1 small batch yesterday, they went into processing, I went back to them several hours later to find them missing, I re uploaded them last night only to find them missing again today.

I am sure there is a glitch that Alamy will sort out soon.

reported here

no updates from Alamy after over 24 hours,  They should at least tell people not to upload.

Edited by meanderingemu

Had my first experience of this problem just now. Uploaded four images last night and they appeared blanked out in AIM waiting QC. Later  I received the passed QC email, but, on checking, the photos have disappeared from the system. Fortunately I don't do news so not a big problem for me, assuming they do materialise in due course,.  But I sympathise with the folk who depend upon news income for their living.

1 hour ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

I uploaded ten images right now and everything is as it should be. But my previous 13 images upload seems to have vanished. Should I upload them again?

Last night I uploaded a single reportage test image that should have quickly been visible in AIM. Still no sign of it showing in AIM, it's disappeared into the ether. Today I was going shoot pictures of the first day of tier 3 in Hertfordshire, but is it worth bothering until things return to normal? Still no status update, why? It would be nice to know when it is safe to upload again, or at least an expectation of when normality will return.

• Like 1

Morning!

Ive had a successful upload! All my archival uploads yesterday disappeared on the system and are now showing as 0 images on each upload. But Ive just uploaded another batch and the images have gone straight through. Hopefully things are slowly getting back to normal!

Live news also had problems 2 days ago (Dec 14th) where almost nothing went through from about 6pm onwards until the next morning, not even the usually plentiful Sopa/ZumaWire etc overnight sets. The images finally got to my aim the next morning and logged as Dec 15th, I assume this was similar for a lot of people.

I don't think the issue is anything to do with the news team, it seems very much IT related.

In my case, these were not urgent pics at all (and luckily I wasn't sitting on a street curb in the freezing cold with a laptop as you often do with news uploads), but if anyone had 'actual news' to send, it would have been annoying for them. The additional problems Google and other email providers experienced on that day may have meant that emailing urgent images through instead may not have worked as a route either. (It also means emailing images through directly to newspaper desks as many togs do where they feel their images have better direct sales potential was difficult that day).

Let's hope they can sort this out and make it a more robust system, that would really help.

Hi everyone, 

We've identified the problem within the upload queues and are working as quickly as possible to resolve it. We understand technical issues are frustrating, especially the longer they persist, but we have to investigate the issue fully before fixing to help ensure the same error doesn't occur again. Alamy process hundreds of thousands of images a day so occasional issues will be inevitable, but we are working hard to make sure future disruption is minimal.

Thanks,
Elisabeth 
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alamy said:
Hi everyone, 

We've identified the problem within the upload queues and are working as quickly as possible to resolve it. We understand technical issues are frustrating, especially the longer they persist, but we have to investigate the issue fully before fixing to help ensure the same error doesn't occur again. Alamy process hundreds of thousands of images a day so occasional issues will be inevitable, but we are working hard to make sure future disruption is minimal.

Thanks,
Elisabeth 

Hi Elisabeth,

Thanks for the update. Should we not upload until Alamy advise the issue is resolved, or continue uploading knowing the upload queue  bottleneck will be freed up and our images will be on sale quicker?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

That won't do any good. I uploaded a reportage test image last night and it disappeared into the ether. It looks as if all upload options are effected.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1