Is AIM broken....AGAIN?

5 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

thanks for update...  are they up for sale yet?

Yeah.  Just some books.  Been working my way through book collection this year.  Earlier uploads have done pretty well, books standing up and turned to show spine as well as front.  This last batch I shot as flat lays--very thin, so little or no spine to show.

Thinking about going through old LP collection.  Anybody think that's worth doing?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MilesbeforeIsleep said:

Yeah.  Just some books.  Been working my way through book collection this year.  Earlier uploads have done pretty well, books standing up and turned to show spine as well as front.  This last batch I shot as flat lays--very thin, so little or no spine to show.

Thinking about going through old LP collection.  Anybody think that's worth doing?

thanks

wouldn't the artwork of most LP still be under copyrights, so required to be in context and not more than a third of the image?  I get confused with some of these (in fact i was thinking book cover would be the same, but it seems not)

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

My submission of a few days ago still appears to be lost in the ether, despite receiving the QC cleared email. Two subsequent submissions have gone straight through,I'm wondering if I should resubmit that first batch?

Edit - just checked as Kay suggested and there is a label Test Submissions, with the correct heading, but no photos.

Just received an email from Alamy asking me to re upload these photos as there has been a technical problem.

Edit - they passed 🙂

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Just received an email from Alamy asking me to re upload these photos as there has been a technical problem.

Edit - they passed 🙂

I have also received this email in regards to an image uploaded in May ... it looks fine in image manager and is also searchable on the Alamy site so I have queried it with them ...

On Tuesday evening I uploaded a single reportage image via FTP to test the water due to forum posts reporting issues. It still hasn't appeared in AIM. If no change by tomorrow I will upload it again, and if all appears well will continue uploading my backlog with crossed fingers.

Four images uploaded via FTP on 16th 0:30am hasn't appeared yet in my AIM. No mails from Alamy.

Updated: as other have done, I have resubmitted the images and they have appeared right away...so I think we are back! :)

Edited by shearwater

22 minutes ago, Gina Kelly said:

I don't know if this issue has been addressed already (this is a long thread), but the "clear selection" button in AIM isn't working for me - is anyone else having this problem?

Hi Gina. Uploaded images today which have all passed QC and are ready for sale. From what I'm seeing we're back to normal. Just checked the clear selection button and it worked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Images I uploaded earlier this week had reappeared today. I deleted them because I uploaded them again yesterday and they passed QC today. All seems to be back to normal...

same here

so are your images approved yesterday, available for sales already?  That would be a major move.  I just checked, my KW change yesterday still not in 

11 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

same here

so are your images approved yesterday, available for sales already?  That would be a major move.  I just checked, my KW change yesterday still not in 

The images are still slow to appear for sale taking two days recently for me. 

Answering your question to Pekka!

If Pekka has a better experience then it would be nice to know.

Update, third day now without images available for sale🤨

Edited by Tony ALS
update

58 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

The images are still slow to appear for sale taking two days recently for me. 

Answering your question to Pekka!

If Pekka has a better experience then it would be nice to know.

yeah, this is why i asked....  upset that none of this issue has been addressed by anyone from Alamy.....  totally ignored in the video also...  

16 hours ago, Rob Mac said:

The 16 images I uploaded again yesterday have just passed QC ......look's like things are back to normal 👍

Looks like I spoke too soon, the images I replaced have appeared again, so I have one set that have passed QC and another awaiting QC .....how do I delete one batch ?

Thanks

Rob

1 hour ago, Rob Mac said:

Looks like I spoke too soon, the images I replaced have appeared again, so I have one set that have passed QC and another awaiting QC .....how do I delete one batch ?

Thanks

Rob

Select the images you want to delete in AIM, go to the optional tab, scroll to the bottom where you'll find the Delete button.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Rob Mac said:

Looks like I spoke too soon, the images I replaced have appeared again, so I have one set that have passed QC and another awaiting QC .....how do I delete one batch

My single test reportage image uploaded Tuesday evening disappeared after uploading. It reappeared in AIM last night. If it hadn't I was going to upload again this morning. Will be interesting to see how many days will pass before it really is available for sale.

• Love 1

23 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Day 1 of test.  The keyword i changed yesterday, business UK hours, is not reflected in searches today.  

Day 2 of test (as of December 19, 12:30 GMT

KW added on 17th Still not showing in search (neither in database nor in AIM)

Change to caption on 17th (spelling mistake) also Not reflected.

4 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Similar to others, images keyworded yesterday not showing....

Carol

Image uploaded with keywords not showing either. Uploaded 17th according to AIM. Accepted and on sale more or less right away but not showing. I think I uploaded it on the 16th, but it may be right and it was 10 minutes past midnight after all. Still way before the usual refresh time. So indeed we're 2 or 3 refreshes behind.

Having no Live News access anymore doesn't help. Mine was just a building: no hard news. Just an organization in the news with very few images on Alamy.

wim

22 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Image uploaded with keywords not showing either. Uploaded 17th according to AIM. Accepted and on sale more or less right away but not showing. I think I uploaded it on the 16th, but it may be right and it was 10 minutes past midnight after all. Still way before the usual refresh time. So indeed we're 2 or 3 refreshes behind.

Having no Live News access anymore doesn't help. Mine was just a building: no hard news. Just an organization in the news with very few images on Alamy.

wim

C'mon, guys - it's the new norm, no matter if you like it or not.....

Give it 72 hours (if you're lucky) - just in case. And THEN start moaning...