Is AIM broken....AGAIN?

18 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

C'mon, guys - it's the new norm, no matter if you like it or not.....

Give it 72 hours (if you're lucky) - just in case. And THEN start moaning...

Could be, but even then it's useful for everybody to know it.

Until it's confirmed it is the new normal I would rather think/hope it's a temporary glitch.

Besides what would be the new normal?

Is that a database that's only been refreshed every 72 hours? That would be totally unworkable.

So it has to be a process in between the keywording and the database refresh. I'm guessing the Ministry of Truth.

wim

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Until it's confirmed it is the new normal I would rather think/hope it's a temporary glitch.

Is that a database that's only been refreshed every 72 hours? That would be totally unworkable.

So it has to be a process in between the keywording and the database refresh. I'm guessing the Ministry of Truth.

wim

I'm a simple man, Wim ...🙃

5 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Image uploaded with keywords not showing either. Uploaded 17th according to AIM. Accepted and on sale more or less right away but not showing. I think I uploaded it on the 16th, but it may be right and it was 10 minutes past midnight after all. Still way before the usual refresh time. So indeed we're 2 or 3 refreshes behind.

Having no Live News access anymore doesn't help. Mine was just a building: no hard news. Just an organization in the news with very few images on Alamy.

wim

10 minutes past midnight your time should have been plenty.  When system working, cut off was 1am GMT (20:00 for me)

having Live News access doesn't help much either,  since we hit the same queue for transfer to Stock, so we have regularly seen 48-72 hours where the images are nowhere to be found.  Worse this week, as they only made the News feed for half a day, on the last page....    

On 17/12/2020 at 09:12, Cal said:

It's actually worse than I thought. Images becoming visible around 2 days after going "on sale" in AIM is still the case. But I've got a few images where I changed the keywords or rephrased some of the text, one dating back to last week, where the changes don't show up on the image page itself nor are the changes searchable. I thought I was losing the plot so I checked in AIM and the changes are definitely there.

Day 3 of test.

The added KW on Thursday as now finally been indexed and appears in searches after 3 days.

The corrected Caption on Thursday also now finally appears on Search after 3 days

Live News images from Thursday, or not available in searches on stock side, though they expired prior to to old cut off time yesterday, so in limbo, though they are accounted for in my Forum "Blue number"

19 hours ago, wiskerke said:

wim

I suspect the delay in going on sale isn't due to a process in-between keyboarding and database refresh, as my reportage images are uploaded with captions and keywords and take days before going on sale. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. Only Alamy know what's really going on, but obviously are not telling us.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, sb photos said:

I suspect the delay in going on sale isn't due to a process in-between keyboarding and database refresh, as my reportage images are uploaded with captions and keywords and take days before going on sale. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. Only Alamy know what's really going on, but obviously are not telling us.

i will add the disconnect between the Forum "blue number" and image for sales as evidence that something is not as planned.  I didn't upload stock after wednesday, to wait for database to settle in. So my only submission is 5 images through Live News on Thursday, historically these images don't get counted in Number of images until they make it to Stock through server update.  This morning in line with expectations my " Forum Blue Number" is up 5, but these images are not available anywhere for sale and portfolio number is unchanged. So some part of the database recognises the images, sadly not the one that creates sales. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, sb photos said:

I don't really think there is a Ministry of Truth either.

It's just a normal office of course.

😁

wim

edit: my image of the 16th came online today (Dec 20).

Edited by wiskerke

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

edit: my image of the 16th came online today (Dec 20).

Hopefully mine from the 15th will soon.

Edit: Hooray, mine has appeared and is visible in my portfolio.

Edited by sb photos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Avpics said:

My stock images themed towards going into Tier 3 are now available, on the day that we've gone into Tier 4. Whoopydo!

I did my final editorial set of the year this weekend (I've decided to give myself the rest of the year off, save perhaps for any news I come across) and as they've been submitted as stock I expect those images to be under "lockdown" until around Christmas day due to how slow the search engine is now. Shame as they were Christmas shopper themed, but I guess in a few years when people are recalling this event they will have archive value.

I guess down in your neck of the woods you've been able to cover the Tier 4 protests, or the mass exodus of people from London?!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, sb photos said:

but obviously are not telling us.

That's the most vexing part. I've asked them twice in this thread now, and once or twice across others. The issue just gets totally ignored, or written off as temporary.

21 minutes ago, Cal said:

I guess down in your neck of the woods you've been able to cover the Tier 4 protests, or the mass exodus of people from London?!

I'm a fair way outside London. I've covered one protest recently but it's not cost effective to go in too often. I've focused on first/last day of Tier 3/4 in my home town.

13 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I'm a fair way outside London. I've covered one protest recently but it's not cost effective to go in too often. I've focused on first/last day of Tier 3/4 in my home town.

Cost effective. What's that?!

Beautiful sunrise photos on your recent by the way. You're lucky you can get to somewhere you can see such a bare flat horizon like that. I have to travel miles for a scene like that as it's quite hilly round here or obscured by man made things.

4 hours ago, Cal said:

I did my final editorial set of the year this weekend (I've decided to give myself the rest of the year off, save perhaps for any news I come across) and as they've been submitted as stock I expect those images to be under "lockdown" until around Christmas day due to how slow the search engine is now. Shame as they were Christmas shopper themed, but I guess in a few years when people are recalling this event they will have archive value.

enjoy the break.  i've been more or less off for a few weeks now, as I had an anxiety attack at last protest, so thought better take a break.  Uploaded a few themed owl sets this week.  Was hoping that i might get some stereotypical Ottawa winter shot, eg. skating on Rideau Canal, but it looks like this will be banned under our new province wide lock-down to start on the 24th...    

so except if anything major happens weather wise, i am also likely off until new year,,,  might actually work on my application to get access to reportage and archive.  

5 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

All appears to be up to date including images keyworded yesterday.

Alamy appear to have resolved whatever the problem was.

Thank you Alamy and best wishes to all for the festive season.

Not quite there yet!!!!

Uploaded 36 images yesterday, all KW, captioned etc... Only 18 appear on the main search today....Hopefully the other 18 will arrive in the next update.

Phil

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Not quite there yet!!!!

Uploaded 36 images yesterday, all KW, captioned etc... Only 18 appear on the main search today....Hopefully the other 18 will arrive in the next update.

Phil

Sorry if I was premature Phil!

Hope everyone is up to date soon.

• Love 1

Still a delay compared to usual. My QC pass 18 hours ago is not on sale so I’m guessing going by previous patterns it will be sometime tomorrow or the 24th they go on sale. 

I've also noticed when saving changes in AIM it tells you to wait up to 48 hours. Don’t know if it’s always said that but I could have sworn it said 24 previously. 

Interestingly enough they've just made a Twitter post about this saying not to worry if your changes aren't visible as the search engine refreshes approximately every 24 hours.

I'm not a gambling man but I'd put money on it not refreshing approximately every 24 hours for quite a few of us here.