How Was Your November?

OK, I'll call it! 😉😆

3 for 19. The best (ironically) being a non-exclusive presentation! Aside from actually having sales, things are trending ever-lower. Trying to laugh. 😅

On the plus side (I think?!), views, zooms and CTR have risen quite a bit. Not sure if this is to do with the retirement of the UKNS as was, or that my images are now being sought by lots of up-market book publishers, advertisers & TV producers who are dying to get their hands on my work. Probably the latter, eh? 🤣

I know that quite a few contributors are mentioning increased sales and quite a few have mentioned decent $$$, so let rip with all your good news below 😃:

• Love 1

0 for September, 3 for a October, 0 for November. Zooms are getting healthy again although down from my best. I feel I’ve made some sales, at least one or two but they aren’t reported. 
Maybe I’m getting paranoid, but I’ve had enough one only zooms to think something should have licensed. Whatever, I’ll not stress over it.

I think Covid has put a damper on what I shoot, and that has an effect.

• Love 1

Below average month for me with 10 sales for $308 gross. One $$$ (barely) license to report.

Old repeat-sellers are continuing to keep me afloat, but I was happy to see a couple of newer images license for the first time, one of them for a decent price.

Zooms, CTR, and motivation remain at sagging "pandemic" levels, which was not unexpected.

Looking forward to hearing better news in this thread...

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

15 sales for $440. 

Best price x3 for $70+. Lowest, the usual CT $3.15

However, one refund for $70 which had been cleared and PAID to me last month. Now it is clawed back on my future sales. Recently, Alamy had said it rarely happens. Yeah right, I must be the unlucky one. I queried it and got a reply along the lines of s**t happens.

CTR .79, views and zooms slighly down but not by much.

So sorry, Losdemas, nothing to crow about from me.

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

12 sales for $345 gross, $157 net. An above average month for me. That's two in a row now. I hope it continues. 🙂

84 sales so far this year versus 67 for whole of 2019, so well ahead on volume, and gross revenue now up slightly ($2,142 this year versus $2,041 for whole of 2019). If Dec is a reasonable month too it could be a record Gross sales year for me, although I'll need to check the net figures to get a more relevant comparison.

Thanks Alamy!

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

10 which is just about the average for the last two years despite increasing submissions.

Fees abysmal... only one half decent $$ which was allegedly an Irish TV use and I would have expected a much higher fee for that!

3 of the same event, a ferry running aground(!!!) went personal use at a much reduced rate.

3 of the low $$ were distribution, so low net.

Going into December needing 19 sales to equal best years volume, (2019) and over $1200 to equal best gross, (2018).... A bit unlikely methinks 😏

Phil

Edited by Phil Crean
Adjust dates

About average for me this year. 5 sales for $121.25 gross.

I’m now one sale short of my total sales total for 2019 but currently about $800  short of my revenue total for last year.

Still, it’s been a tough year and I’m just pleased to be getting regular sales.

• Love 1

Best month for months with 22 for $666, helped hugely by 9 calendar sales.  No $$$ leases.

Keeping things in perspective, I've only just limped over the line for a December payout, which is a worry,  and zooms pretty poor. 

Overall number of sales similar to last year but income well down.

• Love 2

5 for $104. I've sold 63 so far this year vs. 51 total for last year, which is good although I've increased my portfolio size. I'm just short of last year's revenue so fees continue to drop; maybe it was a bit worse this year because of Covid.

Steve

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

0 for September, 3 for a October, 0 for November. Zooms are getting healthy again although down from my best. I feel I’ve made some sales, at least one or two but they aren’t reported. 
Maybe I’m getting paranoid, but I’ve had enough one only zooms to think something should have licensed. Whatever, I’ll not stress over it.

I think Covid has put a damper on what I shoot, and that has an effect.

When did the zooms happen? I had some come in September, which resulted in sale of the same images at the very end of October which still has not resulted in a cleared payment. Boy is it a slow process. I suspect you are right that sales have happened and just not been reported yet.

10 minutes ago, Cal said:

I suspect you are right that sales have happened and just not been reported yet.

I know of 5 sales now gone into the 5th month unreported... I emailed after 3 months and was advised to email after 4 if not reported which I did...

5 month email early next week if not reported by then...😏

Phil

• Like 1